• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What the hell did you do to GE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkipperr

I have no evidence of this, but I suspect that the difficulty of Level 5 is deliberate. They seem to have worked on the principle that Level 4 is completed by most people as a matter of course, so they have made Level 5 an especially hard level that most people cannot complete.
I played Rise of Cultures for about a year during my two year hiatus from FoE and they have a similar thing to Guild Expedition and I never once completed the third and highest level, only reaching half way through at best.
However, here, everybody is used to completing all of Level 4, so it breaks away from our expectations.
I do think that this was a mistake on the programmers side, though, as... what if the point of adding it if hardly anybody can complete it. We play the game to play the game, not to aspire to something that in time we can only do now and again. i don't mind Level 5 being harder, but, generally after a few years of building your city it should be something that you can do.

SirScoof

Zero Diamonds in the first three levels of GE. Crappy fragments of crappy buildings that we wouldn't build even if they were free. Finally, the new level 5 depends on DEFENSE that was written off by many people long ago. I played War Commander for many years, until they pushed their cash grab too far. Then, I dropped it and never returned. Inno is fast approaching the point where long time players (like me) are considering quitting.

JJ597

I started additional worlds to farm diamonds in GE, since WW are scarce. The changes to GE1-4 rewards were needed (who needs a victory tower), the removal of diamonds as a reward are a big disappointment! I've spent $ to buy diamonds, however, I will not spend any $ for diamond or event purchases and will, most likely, stop playing in those worlds I used GE as a diamond farm.

No Dice

I started additional worlds to farm diamonds in GE, since WW are scarce. The changes to GE1-4 rewards were needed (who needs a victory tower), the removal of diamonds as a reward are a big disappointment! I've spent $ to buy diamonds, however, I will not spend any $ for diamond or event purchases and will, most likely, stop playing in those worlds I used GE as a diamond farm.
I agree, many of the changes were necessary. I personally like the idea of a difficult L5.

However, I think I speak for most here. 800 fragments for a FoY??? Reduced the diamonds you get by over half on average. My guild is in riot quit FOE mode.

fizzle

Boycott buying anything from Inno until they restore GE. what a joke - 20 fragments of a reno kit in level 4?? 10 fragments of a one-up kit?? Total and complete BS. Fire whoever came up with this idea. What's next - fragment of a forge point? Fragment of a diamond? oops, better be careful or they will adopt those suggestions.

Last edited:

kkipperr

Sooooo....... I have a question and I may be wrong, but my reading of RAW implies that I may be right. Virgo Project and Kraken destroy a certain number of enemy units. They work in GE. They destroy enemy units at the start of a battle. They do not say defending units as a definition meaning that if you attack using defence instead of attack bonuses, they should still be activated. From my interpretation they basically work on the first X battles that you initiate. Therefore, I interpret this as meaning they work on Level 5 of GE. Now I'm not a fighter, I'm a farmer, so I can't profit from t.his if I'm right, buuuuut.... I read that if you time your attacks on Level 5 correctly to align with the Virgo and Kraken, it will be much easier. Happy if anyone disagrees as I have no Virgo, and I only took the Kraken because it also gives Forge Points and it's all about the Forge Points.

Emberguard

Sooooo....... I have a question and I may be wrong, but my reading of RAW implies that I may be right. Virgo Project and Kraken destroy a certain number of enemy units. They work in GE. They destroy enemy units at the start of a battle. They do not say defending units as a definition meaning that if you attack using defence instead of attack bonuses, they should still be activated. From my interpretation they basically work on the first X battles that you initiate. Therefore, I interpret this as meaning they work on Level 5 of GE. Now I'm not a fighter, I'm a farmer, so I can't profit from t.his if I'm right, buuuuut.... I read that if you time your attacks on Level 5 correctly to align with the Virgo and Kraken, it will be much easier. Happy if anyone disagrees as I have no Virgo, and I only took the Kraken because it also gives Forge Points and it's all about the Forge Points.
Testing in Beta indicated the Virgo and Kraken work in Lvl 5.

They destroy enemy units at the start of a battle. They do not say defending units as a definition meaning that if you attack using defence instead of attack bonuses, they should still be activated
Depends on the feature. Virgo and Kraken do not work in PvP Arena and Neighbourhood attacks, due to how unbalanced it would be defending against them.

Guild Expedition on the other hand isn't facing against another player, therefore it's been included in Level 5

RealPuMa

This is scandalous. So now it is expected to get less diamonds even if you complete all levels, but it's also much harder (more levels needed and more challenging to complete them).... wonderful.... This game is going more and more the path of the worst pay-to-win games, where every new feature is a step back rather than an improvement, making the game more exclusive for whales...And also in recent events you could only get the highest level of event buildings, if you pay for the bonus prize line... And also they added some extra free stuff some months ago, like the castle bonus, the tavern boost and the treasure chest incidents, now they made watching ads mandatory to get them... shame. But it's an old recipe we are all familiar with: have a feature which most of the players love and got used to, then give it a twist, call it an upgrade, but actually demand more from the players for the same or even nerfed rewards what they were used to... I have been playing FoE for 4 years, thought I will be doing it for at least 3 more, but it seems less and less probable...

Darkest.Knight

Since I get most of my diamonds from 2 farms the expedition has been more useful for items to sell in market than diamonds. Due to so many fragments instead of whole items sure yet what I think. I'll wait until I finish lvl5 to decide what I think about it

It is bad enough you've made diamonds less useful with having to pay for top tier of events with cash. Now you took away a free diamond source in GE. No matter what else is done, bring back our diamonds. I've already heard dozens of complaints about the missing diamonds. I'd much rather have diamonds that fragments of garbage that I dump in auction house.

I've already heard plenty of gripes about the new video ads. It feels like you are getting over obsessed with income. The number one key to get people to spend money is because the game is fun and I want to advance faster. Suddenly getting ads after all these years isn't fun.

So far I haven't heard a single person that likes the new GE5. The goods requirement is absurd to negotiate through. It takes 10K goods to complete the 5th level? That is absurd. Nobody generates that many goods a week. With the absurd cost in goods to the guild, most of the smaller guilds can't afford to open it up. I'm already watching how many play GE5, and may recommend our top tier guild not bother. GE5 is worthless of guilds don't want to burn out the treasury that hard.

With GE5 working off city defense you've created contradictory goals. Battlegrounds has pushed all players to add offensive attack and defense. Now I have to fight *LESS* in battlegrounds to build up for GE5? I can't make any sense out of the.

This is the first time in ages I've gone to the forums. I *hate* GE5 so much that you motivated me to come here and complain.

Pericles the Lion

It is bad enough you've made diamonds less useful with having to pay for top tier of events with cash. Now you took away a free diamond source in GE. No matter what else is done, bring back our diamonds. I've already heard dozens of complaints about the missing diamonds. I'd much rather have diamonds that fragments of garbage that I dump in auction house.

I've already heard plenty of gripes about the new video ads. It feels like you are getting over obsessed with income. The number one key to get people to spend money is because the game is fun and I want to advance faster. Suddenly getting ads after all these years isn't fun.

So far I haven't heard a single person that likes the new GE5. The goods requirement is absurd to negotiate through. It takes 10K goods to complete the 5th level? That is absurd. Nobody generates that many goods a week. With the absurd cost in goods to the guild, most of the smaller guilds can't afford to open it up. I'm already watching how many play GE5, and may recommend our top tier guild not bother. GE5 is worthless of guilds don't want to burn out the treasury that hard.

With GE5 working off city defense you've created contradictory goals. Battlegrounds has pushed all players to add offensive attack and defense. Now I have to fight *LESS* in battlegrounds to build up for GE5? I can't make any sense out of the.

This is the first time in ages I've gone to the forums. I *hate* GE5 so much that you motivated me to come here and complain.
Bold is mine. I beg to disagree. Whether, or not, 10K goods per week is possible depends on what age the city is in. In the Space Ages, 10K per week can be a piece of cake. Early ages may find it next to impossible unless they have a high level CF and do a lot of heavy questing. Making the goods is one thing. Deciding to waste them on L5 is something different. I'll do L5 this week and then decide if I'll ever do it again.

ScoobyDu

Scale of -10 to +10:
Dropping diamonds from GE [-8] High level players could obtain some diamonds at high GE levels. New players - no chance.
Fragments of "everything". [-10] This has gotten ridiculous. When to we start getting fragments-of-fragments?
Fragments of new GE5 buildings. [-2] Aside from fragments comment above, adjust the buildings to be worth the enormous costs.
Disappearance of Wells. [-10] Long standing issue that once served as a real enticement to play GE.
Fragments of FoY [-10] Extremely irritating. 800 fragments? This forces people to go after level 150+ ToR to even attempt a FoY drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.