• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What triggers the Virtual Future questline?

Cycloppps

I always assumed that it would open up when taking the first VF sector. Now it looks like it might only trigger after opening the first VF tech?

Can anyone confirm? Did OE work the same way?

EnamIccug

I had 3 RQ slots in OF until researching the first VF tech, which unlocked the VF story line. For OF, I got through a good amount of it while still in FE, but there is eventually a blocker quest that requires you to complete productions in an OF supply building.

So no, OF worked differently.

Cycloppps

I had 3 RQ slots in OF until researching the first VF tech, which unlocked the VF story line. For OF, I got through a good amount of it while still in FE, but there is eventually a blocker quest that requires you to complete productions in an OF supply building.

Thanks. I did scout a few vf provinces without triggering vf questline. So it looks like tech research is what unlocks it. Might change once vf is fully released. Not sure.

DeletedUser28371

I am confused. When you said "For OF, I got through a good amount of it while still in FE (Future Era), but there is eventually a blocker quest that requires you to complete productions in an OF supply building." How did you do Oceanic Future quests in Future? I thought AF and OF were locked off until you completed them. I'm in Contemporary so did you complete the map and just moved on to the arctic map and then the ocean or?

Cycloppps

did you complete the map and just moved on to the arctic
Sorry for the delay, lol...

It varies by age but, as long as you complete all the story quests in your current age, you can do the story quests in the following age. While in FE, you can complete all of the arctic future story quests. You can do some Oceanic but there is one to build ten crayfish which you need an OF building for. Save up at least ten of the complete production powerups and you can complete it in a few minutes if you spend the 50 diamonds to instant build.

From what I can tell, things are different with OF. It doesn't seem that the VF story quests start until you unlock the first tech in VF. It sucks because you can't get next age troops but it's good because you can triple dip the 6 x 24 hour production quests and leverage the spend FP and unbirthday quests against gold and supply quests at the same time.

DeletedUser29726

that as well, but the storyline pauses after the OF questline and doesn't restart til you research the first tech of VF.

Cycloppps

that as well, but the storyline pauses after the OF questline and doesn't restart til you research the first tech of VF.
Is that the standard going forward? It basically keeps you from getting troops from an era you haven't reached yet. It does let you triple dip the repeating quests though so that's a plus anyway.

DeletedUser29726

no, Mars questline sends you there immediately after finishing VF story whether you've researched any or not. (though i think the first mars story quest is to research something in mars, so you can't gain mars troops in VF either)