• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When is Inno going to fix the message boxes???

-Chen-

Seriously, I've been gritting my teeth and dealing with the chopped off letters in private messages and guild threads for a long time now, sometimes it's so bad the posts are barely legible. I just can't comprehend why this has never been addressed, is it really that complicated to fix? Am I missing something??

I mean, I would love it if there is some easy fix I am missing, somebody can tell me and call me a dumbazz, and that will be the end of it. But, if not, what exactly is the problem??

Kaidi

I mean, I would love it if there is some easy fix
Not a fix, but a workaround:

Near as I can tell, it happens after the first emoji in the message - where the line wraps, a character is changed into a space or something. If you put the emojis at the end, it won't happen. If you put them in the middle, the first part of the message will be fine, and the rest have those missing characters. It seems to be worse in guild threads because people use emoji's in the first line of text, e.g.

o_O New Guild Minimums!o_O
All members are required to finish all 64 GE encounters the first day, no exceptions.<--This line would wrap and be missing a character.
All members must give their full arc bonus to any leader/founder's GB.<--This line would wrap and be missing a character.
Blah blah blah....

If you do this instead:
Attention: New Guild Minimums!
All members are required to finish all 64 GE encounters the first day, no exceptions.<--This line would wrap normally.
All members must give their full arc bonus to any leader/founder's GB.<--This line would wrap normally.
Blah blah blah....the end.:rolleyes:

If you do this:
All members are required to finish all 64 GE encounters the first day, no exceptions.<--This line would wrap normally.
All members must give their full arc bonus :eek:to any leader/founder's GB.<--This line and any further wrapping lines would wrap and be missing a character.
Blah blah blah....

HTH.

-Chen-

Not a fix, but a workaround:

Near as I can tell, it happens after the first emoji in the message - where the line wraps, a character is changed into a space or something. If you put the emojis at the end, it won't happen. If you put them in the middle, the first part of the message will be fine, and the rest have those missing characters. It seems to be worse in guild threads because people use emoji's in the first line of text, e.g.

o_O New Guild Minimums!o_O
All members are required to finish all 64 GE encounters the first day, no exceptions.<--This line would wrap and be missing a character.
All members must give their full arc bonus to any leader/founder's GB.<--This line would wrap and be missing a character.
Blah blah blah....

If you do this instead:
All members must give their full arc bonus to any leader/founder's GB.<--This line would wrap normally.
Blah blah blah....the end.:rolleyes:

If you do this:
All members must give their full arc bonus :eek:to any leader/founder's GB.<--This line and any further wrapping lines would wrap and be missing a character.
Blah blah blah....

HTH.
Appreciate you taking the time to reply in such detail, thanks!

Still seems screwy to me that they can't just fix it on their end, but I'll remember that with the emojis! Funny thing is I rarely ever used them before FoE, then a bunch of my guild mates used them so often I got in the habit:oops: