• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Where have all the Mods gone?

spnnr

I am beginning to worry about the dramatic loss of players and mods on the forum.
Are they being pulled away by the competition or been repackaged as Soylent Green?

It is kind of crazy that the shelf life of a mod now seems to be measured in weeks rather than months -but I guess its a tough job and the incentives may not be as attractive to retain them.

Lets hope some heroes from our community rises to the Challenge of donning the mantle of Forum Mod before chaos sets in.

DeletedUser3882

Lancer

Inno is currently looking for mods. If anyone is interested in a position and meets the requirements to become a mod, it might be something to look into.

DeletedUser26660

I just looked at this new Show Room building and my first comment is why should players get a sector for just watching an ad when loads of us up to now have battled hard and spent diamonds getting where we are?

DeletedUser31882

I just looked at this new Show Room building and my first comment is why should players get a sector for just watching an ad when loads of us up to now have battled hard and spent diamonds getting where we are?

I believe it is just a 'free' infiltrate and not a get/obtain a sector. I haven't caught up on the thread, but the rewards sounded lack luster and I'm sure many people are flipping a table over the 'ads in the game' business move.

DeletedUser3882

It’s a infiltrate x sectors OR watch an ad quest... All infiltrate quests will have this option as it stands now.

The issues at hand are mostly, but not limited to: increasing lag, server strain, reduced PC performance with imbedded video. Safety/security of ads (viruses/hacks). Safety/security of private data (email addys, cc#s) sold to 3rd party ad providers.

DeletedUser34480

As for viruses, I barely touched it, but if I remember correctly it can be protected.
Java applet, or something, it's like a closed box. Apples' iOS, I wonder, using something like that too.
Bottom line, I believe, if properly implemented, virus won't break out.