• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Where should I stop on tech tree? Trying to fix RQ locks.

DeletedUser37627

Hello. I was parked in LMA, but went through Progressive on the map. Which left me RQ locked on both bonus quest lines. To fix this I've been told I need to go to the end of Industrial Age. I'll be entering Industrial Age on Tuesday. I'm wondering where I need to stop on each of the 3 quest lines for me to be able to stay parked at the end of Indy and be able to spam Unhappy Birthday etc in both bonus quest lines?

Is the end of Indy really as far as I need to go? Or do I need to go to the end of Progressive?

Screenshots of where I am currently. Story is in Indy though I haven't unlocked it yet (Colonial tree is 100% complete, 1 FP left to unlock the 1st tech Extraction in Indy tree).

https://pasteboard.co/Ib2uYCY.png

https://pasteboard.co/Ib2vT0D.png

DeletedUser38090

So "Ruler of the Continent" is the last quest for the Indy Bonus Questline, and for the LMA Bonus Questline, "Father!" is the penultimate quest to the questline. The LMA Bonus Questline does not require researching any tech beyond that, so the only tech tree requirements to unlock those RQs back are to research modern roads. You can just park in Industrial if you want, and maybe have a few techs unresearched that are after Modern roads (or you might want to research the units, all up to you). Once you finish up those questlines, your RQs will open up again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37627

So "Ruler of the Continent" is the last quest for the Indy Bonus Questline, and for the LMA Bonus Questline, "Father!" is the penultimate quest to the questline. The LMA Bonus Questline does not require researching any tech beyond that, so the only tech tree requirements to unlock those RQs back are to research modern roads. You can just park in Industrial if you want, and maybe have a few techs unresearched that are after Modern roads (or you might want to research the units, all up to you). Once you finish up those questlines, your RQs will open up again.

Thank you! Wow, I didn't realize I was on the last quest for both LMA and Indy!

Since I'm going to the end of Indy, I just need to figure out which is the last story quest to do now.

Also, I'd like to know exactly what NOT to fill in at the end of Indy so I don't lock an RQ line again.

DeletedUser38090

Thank you! Wow, I didn't realize I was on the last quest for both LMA and Indy!

Since I'm going to the end of Indy, I just need to figure out which is the last story quest to do now.

Also, I'd like to know exactly what NOT to fill in at the end of Indy so I don't lock an RQ line again.

There are no bonus questlines after the Indy bonus questline, so you won't lock your RQs ever again.
If you plan on advancing the continent map on another town, avoid scouting Las Penas, as having both Las Penas and Garrincton is the trigger to the Indy Bonus Questline, but you only need Garrincton conquered to advance to the PE map.
I don't know the trigger for the LMA questline. Might be scouting a province in the LMA bonus area.

DeletedUser29726

LMA Bonus line creates its RQ slot when you save princess myciena in the story. It occupies the slot it created when you welcome her to your city (which is a simple coin/supply collection quest so you'd have to ignore a complete check-mark as long as you don't want the bonus line to show up). It also can be completed without leaving LMA - it requires unlocking cannons though.

DeletedUser37627

Thank you both. So it doesn't matter how far I go in the story questline, or how much of Indy tech tree I fill in, they can't lock my RQs?

DeletedUser38090

Thank you both. So it doesn't matter how far I go in the story questline, or how much of Indy tech tree I fill in, they can't lock my RQs?
Correct. There are no bonus questlines after the Indy questline that can lock up your RQs
If you want one RQ slot, you can finish up the LMA bonus questline (and stay in Colonial)
If you want two RQ slots, you'll have to go research up to Modern roads.

DeletedUser37627

Correct. There are no bonus questlines after the Indy questline that can lock up your RQs
If you want one RQ slot, you can finish up the LMA bonus questline (and stay in Colonial)
If you want two RQ slots, you'll have to go research up to Modern roads.

Thank you. I finished the LMA quest line...but I'm moving up to Indy on Tuesday!