• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Where's my extra happiness coming from?

DeletedUser4838

Nothing is polished right now. Even if it was and wasn't showing, I did some simple math to determine it could't add up to the extra happiness.

I have 24 hedges at 22 each, 3 taverns at 280 each, and 1 triumphal arch at 190 each. That should equal 1558 happiness. However, I'm providing 1854 happiness, an extra 296. I've tried logging out and back in to see if anything is revealed, but no. So what the heck is providing this happiness? Extra gold reserves? Military buildings/units? Extra workers without jobs? Points?

I just want to know what I can count on here. I just logged into another world I'm inactive on with similar military, and less gold, and I only had 50 extra happiness.

DeletedUser4074

Having looked, I count 3 taverns x 280, 1 arch x 190, 22 hedges x 22, 2 bushes x 20, and 60 paths x 5 = 1854. The discrepancy mostly comes from the fact that each square of path is worth 5 happiness; the other -4 comes from having two bushes that look like hedges but secretly aren't.

DeletedUser4074

Hah, I figured it was going to be something like that. The fact that the discrepancy was not a multiple of 5 was why I went to go count for myself. But yes, those are happiness points you can count on. (-: