• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Which Great Buildings to delete?

ScreamingZiva

I am completely out of space in my city again. Although I have some things I can get rid of, I'm thinking it's time to start trimming back on my Great Buildings. I'm currently collecting almost 2k FP a day so I think I'm ok there. These are the GBs I'm thinking to destroy:

Inno Tower - Lvl 100
Cape Canaveral - Lvl 96
Hagia Sophia - Lvl 57
Temple of Relics - Lvl 32
Blue Galaxy - Lvl 10
Galata Tower - Lvl 17
Virgo Project - Lvl 12
Flying Island - Lvl 12

I think I've made up my mind to get rid of all but the first two because they are such a high level. Any reasons to keep the others? I know BG gives me a chance double production but it's only level 10 and recently I've been ignoring it anyway and just hitting the 5 diamond collect.

Johnny B. Goode

Inno Tower - Lvl 100
Cape Canaveral - Lvl 96
Hagia Sophia - Lvl 57
Temple of Relics - Lvl 32
Blue Galaxy - Lvl 10
Galata Tower - Lvl 17
Virgo Project - Lvl 12
Flying Island - Lvl 12
I would agree with @Pericles the Lion about leveling up the BG. He might be right about deleting the rest, too, but I might keep (and level up) the Virgo Project and maybe the Galata Tower just because it takes up very little room.
Here's the order I'd delete them (unless you want to do it all at once):
1. Flying Island
2. Inno Tower
3. Hagia Sophia
4. Temple of Relics
5. Cape Canaveral
6. Galata Tower
7. Virgo Project

PJS299

Personally, I'd definitely keep the CC and BG.

This is just my opinion:

Inno Tower - Lvl 100 (delete)
Cape Canaveral - Lvl 96 (keep)
Hagia Sophia - Lvl 57 (delete)
Temple of Relics - Lvl 32 (I was thinking about deleting mine, but a friend told me to keep it. So that's up to you)
Blue Galaxy - Lvl 10 (keep+level)
Galata Tower - Lvl 17 (Like JBG said, it's so small, I'd just keep it)
Virgo Project - Lvl 12 (Depends on how much fighting you do)
Flying Island - Lvl 12 (delete immediately)

Ebeondi Asi

The least valuable is Galata if you are in an age (Modern and above) where it starts giving' three age back' goods. As far as city defense? no one needs that all.
Virgo only use at this time is helping fights in GE 5 Once you can fight through GE 5 Virgo can be dropped.

Ebeondi Asi

I would suggest not deleting St Marks if you have one. The Coin production of almost all new Event Buildings is vanishing. The need for Coins is growing. As we age up and particularly for Titan Great Buildings.. Billions of Coins..
If yo have five billion sitting in Future..and are smugly thinking I have all I need? Wrong! You're going to need hundreds of billions if you ever plan on moving up Eras. ..
9.9 Billion coins required just to level up the three Titan Great Buildings to level 50 and 27.6 billion Coins to level those three to 80

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

I would suggest not deleting St Marks if you have one. The Coin production of almost all new Event Buildings is vanishing. The need for Coins is growing. As we age up and particularly for Titan Great Buildings.. Billions of Coins..
If yo have five billion sitting in Future..and are smugly thinking I have all I need? Wrong! You're going to need hundreds of billions if you ever plan on moving up Eras. ..
In agreement , I make 258 million coins per day and have been for at least a year. My total coins hold between 61.4 and 6.3.6 billion (currently) which means 250 million coins per day is about what I am chewing up in SAT.

Xenosaur

@ScreamingZiva ...

I'd level the BG to at least 91 and delete the rest.

like his advice, more or less :)

A case to KEEP the Cape.

It's 20 squares of space and you get almost 100 FP/day - no baggage. 5 FP/square. Nothing else comes close for 20 squares, which most event buildings are these days (or 24 squares). You got it this high @ScreamingZiva, it's a shame it's on the chopping block when it yields an unplunderable 96 FP/day - unmatched for the space it takes.

I also strongly agree with @Pericles the Lion; learn to use the BG in your daily collection (yields a 70% chance to double @ level 91...) for much higher yields on almost everything: doubles FP, goods, coins supplies, warriors, fragments of things you want, etc.

The equations for what you finally get from all the special cases (such as the Forgotten Temple doing it's thing first, then the BG doing it's thing on TOP of it...) can really bump up your collectables each day.

So the take away is: Keep the CC, and the BG. Clearly the Inno and the HS are easy decisions to raze. The others have different types of value, so it's about your game strategy.

My bet is that there are easier things to delete in your city first... though :)

Dursland

A case to KEEP the Cape.

It's 20 squares of space and you get almost 100 FP/day - no baggage. 5 FP/square. Nothing else comes close for 20 squares, which most event buildings are these days (or 24 squares).
Wildlife gold building very much puts Cape on the chopping block.

Exact same dimensions, 80fp production, 150 goods, plus 100/100% red boost. Any cape level 79 or less is instantly outperformed on fps and you could argue the goods + boost are worth more than any additional fps you could get out of cape.

Xenosaur

Anyone in the game can get a CAPE GB, and lift it. If we have to all start comparing things that are ONLY available to obtain via a purchase with real MONEY (and can't EARN in the game from the game's core deliverables list) - then all bets are off now, and in the future for comparing things. Money spenders will ALWAYS win.

IN any event, the CAPE could win again, because it can be lifted higher that the piece you mention. When my Cape goes to 150, what going to be the discussion point then? Yes it has goods and 100% attack, so if you're an event spender in the game, go for that. You're in the minority of players here that will or try to compare something you have to buy with something everyone can get for free and work up to a level that's of value.

GOLD or even higher future event "lines of value" make it possible for anything to potentially beat anything - if you want to pay.

I haven't seen the beta item you talk about, but don't doubt Inno goal to make money and offer a virtual monster for real cash.

But - let's not compare apples and oranges and say it's a valid replacement for F2P, or even diamond spenders.. The class of people getting GOLD lines for 20-30 dollars is tiny compared to just "regular players".

Last edited:

Emberguard

Exact same dimensions, 80fp production, 150 goods, plus 100/100% red boost. Any cape level 79 or less is instantly outperformed on fps and you could argue the goods + boost are worth more than any additional fps you could get out of cape.

Initially I was thinking the same, but thinking about it some more it'd really depend on which city I'm working on for whether I'd keep or remove the Cape Canaveral

If it's a city where I'm still adding more Great Buildings I'd keep the Cape Canaveral around and add the Gold League Building so I have 160 Forge Points to work with and not just 80 (if I get it, which I highly doubt this time round).

But if it's a city where I have all my Great Buildings and they're around lvl 80-100 or higher then I'd consider replacing the Cape Canaveral at that point as the buildings will be at a level where the Forge Points don't matter too much.

Though it would still depend on whether I want a battle heavy city or not. If I'm intending to just do collections for minimal maintenance it'd make sense to keep the Cape Canaveral until such a time as every event building is able to match those 80 Forge Points / beat it per square.

Deleting Cape would make the most sense in a city that's at a point of focusing on Army Boosts to the exclusion of Forge Points

When my Cape goes to 150, what going to be the discussion point then?

The discussion point then is would it be worth the Forge Points to raise it from Lvl 80 > 150?

Assuming 1.9, you'll have spent 542,444 Forge Points to get it there. That will take 3,617 collections to break even (9 Years, 10 Months, 3 Weeks, 6 Days, 14 Hours) prior to double dips.

If you account for the collections each level, you'd get 11,323 back from productions, reducing the total to 531,121 Forge Points taking 9 Years, 8 Months, 1 Week, 5 Days, 11 Hours to break even on lvl 150

Lvl 80 would cost 27,903 Forge Points - 3,238 from collections, therefore taking (10 Months accounting for collections, or 11 Months and 2 Weeks without collections) to break even on cost.

For something like the Cape Canaveral that's purely Forge Points I would view its purpose as something you leverage to raise your other buildings.

With that goal in mind if it's going to take almost 10 years for it to pay it's own costs off for lvl 150 before it's paying profit into other buildings, I'd need to be leveraging the Forge Point output in a bunch of snipes/1.9 to reduce that to a usable timeframe. 10 years would be far too long to wait for that to pay off for something of this nature.

I'd much rather put that 540k into the Arctic Orangery to lvl 142 which would then generate 142 FPs and greatly improve my army performance. Because the Arctic Orangery is dual purpose I would consider it a immediate payoff as I would be aiming to improve my army. The actual Forge Points would pay themselves off in 10 years, 2 months. But that's so close to the time of pay off for Cape Canaveral at those levels that I might as well get that additional benefit to my army

Last edited:

Xenosaur

Everything in this game is a "hockey stick" for ROI. I stopped using that years ago, when the math got as bad for classic interpretation of how to optimize where to grow buildings to, as your comment suggest.

Personally, I am not taking my Cape to 150, and in fact, if you do the analysis required, the initial classic set (Inno, Cape, Hagia, Cdm, etc) GB delivering FP has it max (idealized) level for "best" place to stop at - as 60, and be game efficient. So we've all blown through that level years ago, and some are still doing it.

Arc to 180 can be considered insane too, but that's only 1.6 million FP more than 80, and someone that knows what they're doing can make that back fairly easily in less than a year -in classic ROI terms, of course.

I'm not arguing game levels for buildings, but I'm am saying that Inno has started to deliver GB eclipsing value for money. That's what they're doing for revenue. SO many are asking - why even have GBs anymore? And the question remains a valid one if you're paying for higher performance via what P2P offers.

Ironrooster

Anyone in the game can get a CAPE GB, and lift it. If we have to all start comparing things that are ONLY available to obtain via a purchase with real MONEY (and can't EARN in the game from the game's core deliverables list) - then all bets are off now, and in the future for comparing things. Money spenders will ALWAYS win.

IN any event, the CAPE could win again, because it can be lifted higher that the piece you mention. When my Cape goes to 150, what going to be the discussion point then? Yes it has goods and 100% attack, so if you're an event spender in the game, go for that. You're in the minority of players here that will or try to compare something you have to buy with something everyone can get for free and work up to a level that's of value.

GOLD or even higher future event "lines of value" make it possible for anything to potentially beat anything - if you want to pay.

I haven't seen the beta item you talk about, but don't doubt Inno goal to make money and offer a virtual monster for real cash.

But - let's not compare apples and oranges and say it's a valid replacement for F2P, or even diamond spenders.. The class of people getting GOLD lines for 20-30 dollars is tiny compared to just "regular players".
Just to be clear. the building is a Gold League reward, not a Gold Prize line reward.
You can only get 1 and only if you make the Gold League (top 1%).

Sheriff Of Rottingham

9.9 Billion coins required just to level up the three Titan Great Buildings to level 50 and 27.6 billion Coins to level those three to 80
You don't need coins, unless INNO adds in a feature to buy 100+ FP with a single click. No one is buying them 10 at a time, using them, and repeating that process 5000 times.

Darkest.Knight

lol, it doesn't take much time to buy 50-100 FP's daily, even at 10/. It was 1 at time quite a while ago, much worse buying 100. So far I've purchased 87,400 FP's and, since I have a 105 SMB, I'll keep on buying more. For myself the number of FP's for the SAT GB's is the slow part, goods haven't been an issue so far.