• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Which takes Priority?

DeletedUser37617

Hi everyone! So, I was wondering what should be my main focus for now regarding my GBs. I do a lot of attacking and fighting, so I have the CoA, Zeus, Traz, etc, and I was trying to figure out which is more helpful to level. If I do the Traz I get more men, but if I do the one that boost my attack then maybe less of my men will die... Any advice on which is more important? Also, I do want to put more GBs up too, but I want to know what other people think about this :)

DeletedUser38090

If you do lots of GvG, then Traz should be a higher priority than having higher boosts, since the amount of fps to get extra men is less than the amount needed to get higher boosts that could save an equivalent number of troops (assuming all GBs are at level 10). If we're talking about mostly combat in GE and the hood, then maybe you would want to work on the boost, especially since the two-wave GE battles in later eras require substantial boosts.

Algona

Hi everyone! So, I was wondering what should be my main focus for now regarding my GBs. I do a lot of attacking and fighting, so I have the CoA, Zeus, Traz, etc, and I was trying to figure out which is more helpful to level. If I do the Traz I get more men, but if I do the one that boost my attack then maybe less of my men will die... Any advice on which is more important? Also, I do want to put more GBs up too, but I want to know what other people think about this :)

Mandy's advice is good, but if you tell us more about you, folk can help you with more specific advice.

What era are you in? Where do you the most fighting, GE? PvP? Planning on doing GvG?

How many FP do you make?

Are you anywhere near adding CdM to your GBs?

DeletedUser37617

What era are you in? Where do you the most fighting, GE? PvP? Planning on doing GvG?

How many FP do you make?

Are you anywhere near adding CdM to your GBs?

I am in High Middle ages. I do my most fighting in the GE and against neighbors but I do plan on doing GvG too once I get my GBs up a little higher. I make over fifty FP a day, though not a ton more than that. I am only missing one print for my CdM so I hope to put that up soon, though I recently got the last print I needed for the Kraken... :)

Other things: I just put up my HC. I have over 80 unattached rogues and a number of unattached color guards, I have a camp up for my color guards and rouges as well as a camp for champions that is not up yet but I will place in my town soon.

Thanks for the replies so far! Let me know if this helps!

Algona

I am in High Middle ages. I do my most fighting in the GE and against neighbors but I do plan on doing GvG too once I get my GBs up a little higher. I make over fifty FP a day, though not a ton more than that. I am only missing one print for my CdM so I hope to put that up soon, though I recently got the last print I needed for the Kraken... :)

Other things: I just put up my HC. I have over 80 unattached rogues and a number of unattached color guards, I have a camp up for my color guards and rouges as well as a camp for champions that is not up yet but I will place in my town soon.

Thanks for the replies so far! Let me know if this helps!

It does. You're going to love Himeji, but be prepared. Have a plan in place for when you win that 200 FP.

I think i;d do CdM before Kraken, but I'm fairly conservative. Between the Goods costs (unless oyu already bought the Kraken Goods) and the cost to level, I think CdM is a touch more efficient given your FP income.

GE hopefully feeds you troops, enough that I think you might want to go to a straight rotation of Traz, CoA, Zeus, and soon CdM, leveling whichever is cheapest to level.

Unless you need Happiness then Traz is your bestest buddy.

How far do you get in GE now? Savvy that GE gets harder as you move up in Era? Might be worthwhile to hang in HMA to get your combat GBs up further.

DeletedUser36624

I am in HMA, have my combat GBs all at level 10, and GE is like a hot knife going through butter.

mamboking053

I would invest in combat bonuses first. It's like forming the solid core of your army. With it you won't lose that many troops to need a Traz. If you need rogues, then these can be snatched from one of the events that rolls around.

DeletedUser37617

How far do you get in GE now? Savvy that GE gets harder as you move up in Era? Might be worthwhile to hang in HMA to get your combat GBs up further.

I get through level 3 and into 4 every week and finish level four some weeks(mostly when I feel like it), I fight at first and then switch to negotiating later on. I don't plan on aging up for a few more months at least since I like to take my time, but I will definitely take your advice and get the CdM first since I have guildies who can help me get the goods for that one easy. What do you think about the Basil Cathedral one?

Algona

I get through level 3 and into 4 every week and finish level four some weeks(mostly when I feel like it), I fight at first and then switch to negotiating later on. I don't plan on aging up for a few more months at least since I like to take my time, but I will definitely take your advice and get the CdM first since I have guildies who can help me get the goods for that one easy. What do you think about the Basil Cathedral one?

Getting part way or all the wya through 4 is excellent. SBC won't help you with GE, and continuing to expand your capabilities in GE until you 64 each week should be a priority I think. The Diamonds and end prize are that good.

SBC does not help you with attacking. SBC helps with defending your city and gives some Support Pool for GvG.

My personal opinion? SBC is the best looking GB. Heh.

Oyyyy. I don't want to derail your thread. Let's just say there is a years long recurring debate by top notch players who disagree on whether you should defend your city or not.

- KQ -

What do you think about the Basil Cathedral one?

You've got your Himeji Castle, so you've got access to the Virtual Future goods, I think a Terracotta Army does a whole lot more for you than a St Basils. Terracotta Army gives you Attack and Defense for both your attacking Army and your defending army. That being said, I think that there may be better things to spend your resources on High Middle Age.

Last edited:

Agent327

You've got your Himeji Castle, so you've got access to the Virtual Future goods, I think a Terracotta Army does a whole lot more for you than a St Basils. Terracotta Army gives you Attack and Defense for both your attacking Army and your defending army. That being said, I think that their may be better things to spend your resources on High Middle Age.

He is in HM. How will his HC give him acces to VF goods????

Agent327

Since HC can be built only using VF goods, he has access to VF goods. Haven't you heard about trading goods for fps?

You are right. I read it different. Still a TA will be a long term solution. With 50+ fp a day it will take a real long time to fill it. St Basil will be much faster.

- KQ -

You are right. I read it different. Still a TA will be a long term solution. With 50+ fp a day it will take a real long time to fill it. St Basil will be much faster.

As I said in my original post: "I think a Terracotta Army does a whole lot more for you than a St Basils. Terracotta Army gives you Attack and Defense for both your attacking Army and your defending army. That being said, I think that there may be better things to spend your resources on High Middle Age."

The last sentence puts the rest of it into context. My point was and is that with a properly constructed city, you won't need either a St Basils or a Terracotta Army in High Middle Age. By the time you need more city defensive army attack and defense, he or she will likely be in a position to get a Terracotta Army.