• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Who actually buys attemps for medals in GE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graviton

Not that I’m trying to change your opinion, simply responding with some healthy reasoning to a post with a lack of it. Just because YOU don’t see a reason, doesn’t mean that everyone else feels the same ;)

He didn't say anything about anybody else. He said he doesn't see a point in it, and explained why in his circumstances (being able to complete GE4 easily) he has no need to spend medals. Continuing to hammer your point does indeed sound like you're trying to change his opinion, and it also sounds like you've made the "vulgar mistake" ( to quote my own sig) of believing yourself persecuted by a different opinion.

DeletedUser33179

@quaccy, I quoted you because your quote brought the strategy of others into question. You said:

If you don’t see something, someone will show you ;)

Not that I’m trying to change your opinion, simply responding with some healthy reasoning to a post with a lack of it. Just because YOU don’t see a reason, doesn’t mean that everyone else feels the same ;)

I simply stated the legitimate reasons why people buy medals in GE. Not a problem with the way you do it, I was simply reinforcing the idea that for some, purchasing medals makes sense. And your post simply said that you don’t see a point to it. No reasoning at all, besides the fact that you can finish without spending medals (which everyone already takes into consideration), so naturally you can expect some constructive criticism (not that mine was directed at your strategy itself). If you have a problem with the way other people do things and cannot accept any constructive criticism, then well, you may want to find another game to play.

They sell candy land at almost every store.

@qaccy most decidedly did not bring "the strategy of others into question." The question at hand is: Do You Spend Medals in GE? He answered that he didn't. And you are entirely incorrect that he gave "no reasoning at all." In his posts he clearly said why he doesn't. it was in his 1st post which you just quoted but conveniently edited out (I've colored that part merely to draw your attention to it) ...

I don't see a point to it. Even with nothing else to spend medals on, there's plenty of time for me to finish GE using the freely generated attempts during the week.

In his 1st follow up post to you he also gives another reason why...

@22prentwil I'll admit, 'Why not?' is just as valid a question as 'Why?' It doesn't make much difference either way in the long run. I'm someone who doesn't need to finish GE in 15 minutes, so although I could spend the medals to do so, there's no reason for me to do it. That being said, GE's a pretty easy way for me to fulfill my Himeji Castle attempts each day so it actually does benefit me to take it slow rather than blast through everything in one sitting.

Two very valid reasons why for him (and also note, he always relates it only to his own strategy/goals) he doesn't spend medals in GE...
1- doesn't need to finish GE rapidly, so sees no point in it for himself
2- by making GE last through its six day run, he can easily use it for HC bonuses

And he never says or implies anyone else opinion is wrong in any of his posts - actually states why vs why not are just as valid. Furthermore, he's polite in his responses. Yet, here you are insisting he did otherwise.

.. If you have a problem with the way other people do things and cannot accept any constructive criticism, then well, you may want to find another game to play.

You have an unfortunate tendancy at times to get defensive & argumentative rapidly when someone gives a opinion or viewpoint differing from your own, ignoring valid contrary reasoning & often seeing personal slights where none exist. "Go play candyland"... How mature is that?

DeletedUser40495

@qaccy most decidedly did not bring "the strategy of others into question."
If you want to call it something different than that, go ahead. But this is what quaccy said quite clearly about the strategy many other players use (buying attempts in GE):
I don't see a point to it.
If I said that I don’t see a point to Donald Trump being president, wouldn’t that bring his presidency into question? Not that my opinion in that situation would be regarded seriously enough to bring his presidency into question on a national scale, but it would most certainly bring it into question with the people I am discussing the matter with. It is the same in this situation. Saying that you “don’t see a point” to a strategy automatically makes others question that strategy. So saying that what quaccy said doesn’t bring the strategy of buying GE attempts into question, is simply denying the truth. Either that, or an insult to quaccy, because if what he said didn’t bring the strategy into question, that would mean that nobody regards what he said seriously (which I hope isn’t the case).

But with that being said, there is certainly no problem with bringing another strategy into question (I never said there was an issue with this). But if someone does do that, especially when they say:
I don't see a point to it.
Then they can only expect people to comment and tell them what the point actually is (which is what I did in my first post).

And you are entirely incorrect that he gave "no reasoning at all."
You either did not read my post, or you misunderstood it. I said (highlighting is for emphasis):
No reasoning at all, besides the fact that you can finish without spending medals (which everyone already takes into consideration)
I acknowledged the reasoning he gave. And to be clear I WAS TALKING ABOUT HIS FIRST POST!!!! You said:
2- by making GE last through its six day run, he can easily use it for HC bonuses
This was in his SECOND POST!!!! Please, I hope you are bright enough to realize I was talking about his first post only in that comment, due to the fact that I was discussing why I replied to that post in the first place. But his second post did have good reasoning (I never said that it didn’t).

An he never says or implies anyone else opinion is wrong in any of his posts
I never said that he did. If you would have actually read and understood my posts you would know this. I said:
@quaccy, I quoted you because your quote brought the strategy of others into question.
I didn’t say “your quote said that other people are wrong”. Please stop implying that I said things that I never said. That shows either ignorance or malicious intent on your part.

actually states why vs why not are just as valid.
Yes and I simply gave the reasoning for the “why” (quaccy gave the reasoning for the “why not”). I hope you don’t have an issue with this?

Furthermore, he's polite in his responses. Yet, here you are insisting he did otherwise
I never said that he wasn’t polite. I said:
No need to be defensive.
Not “impolite”. Here you are again, implying that I said things I never said.

You have an unfortunate tendancy at times to get defensive & argumentative rapidly when someone gives a opinion or viewpoint differing from your own
The problem with this statement is that I don’t have a different viewpoint than quaccy in this situation. Why would you assume that I do when I clearly said:
I never said there was a problem with the way you do it - in fact I hardly ever spend medals in GE myself so I would know ;).
Please stop assuming things when you clearly don’t know what you are talking about.

"Go play candyland"... How mature is that?
You have mis-quoted me again. I said:
You have made your lack of understanding apparent.

But to the point, I certainly know that what I said was, shall we say, “politically incorrect”...

Maybe one day if I run for president, Hasbro Games will dig up that quote and ruin my career with it...

But in the meantime I could honestly care less. If anyone is offended that bad they can report it to a mod.

plinker2

This thread is closed for being so FAR off topic it is pitiful. Can we not have a discussion without people getting their knickers in a tight knot? We can give warning points for off topic. I really dont want to, but will HAVE to start doing so if this sort of thing continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.