• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why bother with GVG?

Brew J B

Can anyone give me one good reason to fool with GVG? There are no rewards, and no, I don't consider your guild benefits increasing by one measly fp once in a blue moon, or some meaningless guild rank on a screen a reward. It doesn't give me fp's, diamonds, goods, or supplies, all of which I need to grow my city. It only burns up troops that could be used in GBG, and with a level 95 Traz, an attrition wall of a little over 115, and pretty good siege camp support, I still don't have troops to waste on something that returns a miniscule number of benefits. I get tired of guild leaders wasting goods in GVG when those goods could be used for GBG which helps most all guildies grow their cities. If I could find a guild that concentrated on GBG, with GVG as a minor afterthought, I'd move in a heartbeat.

Pericles the Lion

Can anyone give me one good reason to fool with GVG?
Because it is what your Guild wants to do.
I get tired of guild leaders wasting goods in GVG when those goods could be used for GBG which helps most all guildies grow their cities.
On your main world, you are in a top ranked guild with a lot of highly ranked members. I doubt that the guild treasury suffers from participating in GvG. You are just being selfish. Maybe your Guild leaders are tired of members not supporting the Guild in GvG, ever considered that?
If I could find a guild that concentrated on GBG, with GVG as a minor afterthought, I'd move in a heartbeat.
What's the problem here? There are plenty of guilds that are serious about GBG but have no organized GvG effort. Hint...read the Guild descriptions of the D1K guilds in your world that have prestige scores less than about 20,000.

Brew J B

On your main world, you are in a top ranked guild with a lot of highly ranked members. I doubt that the guild treasury suffers from participating in GvG. You are just being selfish. Maybe your Guild leaders are tired of members not supporting the Guild in GvG, ever considered that?

I've tried GVG and just don't find it entertaining. It borders on being a chore. Every guild I've been in, the GVG players are at a minimum. It boils down to,
what I find fun is building my city and watching it grow over time and GVG just doesn't help you do that.

Selfish? That's far from me I have 3 SOH's and 3 Elephant Citidels and I'm about to add 1 more each.. I have a lvl 105 Arc, lvl 85 Obs, and a lvl 42 AI Core I'm working on exclusively, when it gets to 80 I guess I'll start my Autonium. I know some folks have twice that, but it's a pretty good start. I've got a lot of character flaws but selfishness ain't one of 'em.

The Lady Redneck

Well I am at the opposite end of this "discussion" I say why bother with GBG? To me despite the rewards I find it to be mind numbingly boring and depressing. I cannot wait until they put the Attrit cap on it on the live servers. In my main world I am in a the #1 guild and roughly a third of the guild ( not just guild leaders) do GvG every evening and we have a really great time. But we are also serious about GBG as those members who do not play on PC or laptop need something that at least borders on fighting. And once in a while we do get an enemy in the mix to fight which relieves the farming drudgery.

BUT here is where I really differ from the OP. I am in a great guild with a great bunch of people. One I am proud to be a member of. I may dislike GBG but I still do my best at it for the guild. I would not dream of "moving in a heartbeat" to another guild simply because it did GBG as an minor afterthought.

I also have a diamond farm where GE is the main thing. There I have the luxury of only doing GBG if I get a quest that calls for x number of fights when I have finished GE. I have said this before on these Forums and say it again. If INNO dropped GBG it would make no difference to me. I would still be happy to keep playing FoE. I know some people have come here ranting about this or that ruining the game and that they would leave. But if they dropped GvG. I would not be one of them. I would just be gone.

Last edited:

Angry.Blanket

Every one seems to have different likes, I would imagine Inno is trying to have something for everyone.
I am the odd man out here, I find growing my city a never ending grind, log on collect log on collect logon collect log on collect log on collect log on collect. It is never ending, mind numbing grind. GbG is the one aspect of the game that has a start and end, I do not like farming GbG and that is where almost everyone is at, GvG does have recalc every day ,you could say it ends every 24 hrs, but there is no time off and with GvG there are so many alliances you cant hit anyone. One of my worlds there has been no movement on the GvG map worth mentioning because everyone is allies. If my guild likes GvG I support them and try to participate, It would be selfish of me to expect them to only do what I enjoy. And I am lucky enough to have 1 world where I get to fight my era in GvG most days. I would probably enjoy GvG if there were more of it, 5 minutes a day doesn't cut it for me.

The Lady Redneck

I would probably enjoy GvG if there were more of it, 5 minutes a day doesn't cut it for me.
Yes it would be great if there were more of it. Sorry your GvG is so short. ours lasts a good half hour, usually longer. But we keep troops from all ages so we can hop from map to map fighting. (just remember to change out your LMA guys if your next fight is called in FE LOL) But the 4 hour reset in GBG is part of what makes it such a grind. I have my city collections set to 24 hours with my BG and SC timed to coincide with that So that is just once a day.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Just chiming in to say that I find both GvG and GBG to be huge bores. Of course, I don't play the game for the same reasons most of you do. I play it to relax, and both GvG and GBG (if done in an active GvG and/or GBG guild) are way too intense. I almost never do any GBG anymore, and only dabble in GvG from time to time for the heck of it, quickly tiring of it. GE suits me better and provides decent rewards for very little cost, since I fight almost exclusively there. It doesn't require coordinating with several other players in widely different time zones, and it isn't constrained by certain times or cool downs. I can play at my leisure, which is how I roll. :cool:
I like PVP Arena for many of the same reasons.

LoveNkind

Can anyone give me one good reason to fool with GVG? There are no rewards, and no, I don't consider your guild benefits increasing by one measly fp once in a blue moon, or some meaningless guild rank on a screen a reward. It doesn't give me fp's, diamonds, goods, or supplies, all of which I need to grow my city. It only burns up troops that could be used in GBG, and with a level 95 Traz, an attrition wall of a little over 115, and pretty good siege camp support, I still don't have troops to waste on something that returns a miniscule number of benefits. I get tired of guild leaders wasting goods in GVG when those goods could be used for GBG which helps most all guildies grow their cities. If I could find a guild that concentrated on GBG, with GVG as a minor afterthought, I'd move in a heartbeat.
Oh, yeah? Honor Bound in Langendorn has not done GVG in months, and we are in Diamond League in GBG. A GREAT guild for highly active players.
But chances are you are not in Langendorn. Your post should have mentioned which world you are in.

Meat Butcher

I like that the game gives you so many options to do.
Pick one, a few, or all of them whatever your game time allows.

That being said, (And this will never happen) but if all of a sudden you started to hear that they gave the same rewards to GvG fights as they have in GBG, I bet a lot of folks would change their tune about how much GvG sux. :)

Dursland

GVG wouldn't it be interesting if there were GVG recals at all US time zones starting at 7pm
I remember they were going to change recalc to 3 or 4 times a day. There was some big posting about it then suddenly it seemed like the plan died. Not sure what happened there.

Johnny B. Goode

That being said, (And this will never happen) but if all of a sudden you started to hear that they gave the same rewards to GvG fights as they have in GBG, I bet a lot of folks would change their tune about how much GvG sux.
Well I know that my tune wouldn't change. There would be ton of farming done there, though, because in GvG you can attack a tile and destroy most of the defense armies, then delete your siege and let them replace the defense armies and siege again. Rinse and repeat. Endlessly. Two guilds could cooperate to have virtually endless fighting. So there is no way they would implement rewards in GvG anything like in GBG.

Xenosaur

I like that the game gives you so many options to do.
Pick one, a few, or all of them whatever your game time allows.

That being said, (And this will never happen) but if all of a sudden you started to hear that they gave the same rewards to GvG fights as they have in GBG, I bet a lot of folks would change their tune about how much GvG sux. :)

In theory, yes. Big issue, though: PLATFORM. I'd help in GvG but I play strictly mobile, and anyone on mobile can't play GvG. Because it was consciously decided by Inno to not port GvG to any mobile platforms, an entire segment of the then, AND now modern player community cannot participate, even if they wanted to.

I remember when Inno did a refresh to GvG 3 or 4 years ago, and characterized the community of players using that feature of the game (playing GvG....) @ roughly 5% of the FoE gamers.

It was fairly revelational to be told it was that low, and still got development energy. I'll bet its lower now. To some, it's their reason to come in here and stick around at all.

Meat Butcher

Well I know that my tune wouldn't change. There would be ton of farming done there, though, because in GvG you can attack a tile and destroy most of the defense armies, then delete your siege and let them replace the defense armies and siege again. Rinse and repeat. Endlessly. Two guilds could cooperate to have virtually endless fighting. So there is no way they would implement rewards in GvG anything like in GBG.
Would be no different than the farming in GBG, but you are right that they would never do it as I mentioned in my post.
Sadly inno had said somewhere they would only fix bugs with GvG nothing else.
I do prefer GvG over GBG, but I certainly enjoy all the fights and FP's you accumulate when sectors open in Battlegrounds :)

Flavius Belisarius

Wish list for GVG adherents:
1. No additional rewards. This will prevent "farming"
2. Eliminate LZ's for initial entry, ie all provinces open for initial entry, thereafter, only adjacent provinces can be attacked.
3. Limit protective shields to 4 hours. Keep RECAL as is withThis would eliminate the RECAL Rush.
4. No Space Age Units on AA continent, only AF, OF, & VF units. Build a Space GVG Battlefield (all asteroids & Moons) accessible only if you have a city launch site.

Attachments

• gvgmaster.png
    gvgmaster.png
    52.8 KB · Views: 0