• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why do I need...

DeletedUser29726

"""You're not getting it. Any quest that is only "written" once on each questline can only be active on one questline at a time.""" ...and how does 3x on each questline help? Wouldn't two times be enough?

You can have recurring quests on all 3 questlines if you reach a break in the story.

DeletedUser

"""You're not getting it. Any quest that is only "written" once on each questline can only be active on one questline at a time.""" ...and how does 3x on each questline help? Wouldn't two times be enough?
Not if you have three questlines on recurring quests. Which is possible.

DeletedUser33179

I read through this multiple times trying to sort out for myself all the apparent confusion. At this point in time, this is what I think (maybe??) is a good explanation (if I understanding correctly)...

You can have 1-3 recurring quest slots depending on Age & circumstance

In every such circumstance, no specific recurring quest can be displayed at the same time in each recurring quest slot. For example, if coin collection is showing on one slot, it's impossible for it to show on the other slots. This is because the pool of recurring quests specific for your Age is a single grouping for the entirety of all quest slots to draw from, and there is only one copy of each quest in the general quest pool. Thus, if one slot is using it, then it's unavailable to be used by the other slots - when you scroll through the recurring quests for slots 2 or 3, specific quest(s) already being used won't be displayed as an option.

Except in OF!!

In OF, that Age's general quest pool has multiple copies of "collect 6, 24 hour productions". In fact, so many copies that all 2 (eventually 3) recurring quest slots can each use that specific quest simultaneously if you so choose.

When you describe having the 2 recurring quest slots, you note seeing 3, 24hour production quests when you scroll through each slot - which gives you the 6 total you describe (3 quests x 2 quest slots). What you saw is actually not 6 copies of that specific quest. There are only 3 copies in total in the general OF quest pool. But since you didn't have quest slot #1 set at 24hour production, those same 3 specific quests will also show up as being available for quest slot #2 (if you had slot #1 set at 24hour production, you would've only seen 2 copies of it when you scrolled through quests in slot #2).

Now you've progressed to having 3 recurring quest slots. And look... your general quest pool has 3 individual copies of that specific "collect 6, 24 hour productions" quest. Each of the 3 quest slots can display one of the 3 copies - thus, all can show the 24hour quest at the same time. Three times the recurring quest prizes for doing only one quest!

The other OF-only quest exception (that no other Age has) is that the "collect 6, 24 hour productions" does not specify which particular Age/building it must come from - every other Age makes you complete production quests from buildings of the same Age. Since OF doesn't have an age-specific requirement, some folks use a sea of blacksmiths (the smallest/cheapest/lowest population production building in the game).

Personally, my guess is Inno intended to have 3 copies of that production quest. But not making it for an OF production building only was likely a mistake.

ahsay

I'll simplify. I have 3 questlines. Two recurring ones have the same quest 3x...it doesn't need to be there 3x. The other questline has the exact same quest only once. Summary, 3 questlines with the quest "collect 6, 24 hour productions" for a total of 7x.

DeletedUser33179

I'll simplify. I have 3 questlines. Two recurring ones have the same quest 3x...it doesn't need to be there 3x. The other questline has the exact same quest only once. Summary, 3 questlines with the quest "collect 6, 24 hour productions" for a total of 7x.

Just forget trying to understand why/how that quest shows up multiple times in each of your 3 OF quest slots. It does for everyone - it's how Inno structured it's game code (or however it's termed) to allow OF players the unique (& I mean unique, as no other Age allows it) opportunity to set that exact same specific quest in all 3 slots simultaneously. Collect a 24 hour production from 6 buildings and you win the quest rewards 3 times, one from each of the 3 slots. That's a very good thing

Annoyed that you thus have to scroll through multiple copies of the exact same quest in each quest slot in order to have this OF special option? Oh well. Deal with it.

DeletedUser

I can't believe that you still don't understand how this works even after @Clara Osgood explaining in perfect detail. I give up.

DeletedUser40533

Is it still possible to have 3 recurring quests in OF? And if so how?

DeletedUser29726

Is it still possible to have 3 recurring quests in OF? And if so how?

Possibly possible - I've heard the VF questline refuses to start until you've researched a VF tech so if you finish the OF line it might be enough. There may also be weird breaks in story you could take advantage of - though none I could describe how to reach.

Snarko

If you leave one of those quests active in one questline, do you still have three copies of it in the other questline?

DeletedUser29726

If you leave one of those quests active in one questline, do you still have three copies of it in the other questline?

No, you have 2 copies in the other questline then. Same as any recurring quest, if it's active in one it's not available to the other.

Snarko

No, you have 2 copies in the other questline then. Same as any recurring quest, if it's active in one it's not available to the other.
I know that. ahsay either does not know that or is experiencing a bug. My guess is the first.