• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why do we need ads

Angry.Blanket

I read players are going to quit over the ads. I guess paying $3.99 a month is way too expensive for them? That is under fourteen cents a day. And IMO fourteen cents is probably not even paying your share of electricity, let alone the equipment and staff. LOL
So quitting a game you played and invested thousands of hours in, because you refuse (on principle of course) to pay a penny. (actually fourteen pennies) a day
I call that "Cutting off your nose to spite your face." mentality.
But go ahead and quit. No one cares. Certainly not Inno.
Yes i agree the ads are awful. So pony up the $3.99 a month. Get over it.
No, it is 3.99 + what ever you already spend.

Mailia

Not asking.
It's a discussion... I was simply sharing my thoughts. Just because you don't like the fact that I showed the math doesn't mean you have to be rude about it. I wasn't (and am still not) looking for an argument, I was simply stating that *in my opinion* 3.99 a month isn't much.

Angry.Blanket

It's a discussion... I was simply sharing my thoughts. Just because you don't like the fact that I showed the math doesn't mean you have to be rude about it. I wasn't (and am still not) looking for an argument, I was simply stating that *in my opinion* 3.99 a month isn't much.
I wasnt being rude sorry if it came across that way , what I meant was Inno isnt asking for 3.99, They are forcing pay to play customers to pay another 3.99.
The problem is, the paying customers will most likely just grit their teeth and pony up the money, while the F2P players will not, forcing P2P to carry more of the load.

it cost money to run helps em stay in business. Its why we have diamond deals and special building deals. I know of a web game that failed and had 30k users but no spend real money.

fizzle

When ads were first mentioned the indication was if you spent money on diamonds you wouldn't see advertising. Being charitable that was a stretching of the truth because I bought some just to check out the veracity of that claim. So now not only do we have advertising, but to add insult to injury we have been subjected to false advertising. I can avoid ads by playing on browser, but I'm betting they will soon appear in the browser version too. And that's when I'm gone.

Angry.Blanket

Not all of them , I have spent 8334$ CAD on this game so far and I will not pay 3.99$ to not see ads , I will forfeit the 8334$ and write it off as a bad investment when the ads come to the browser version.
I agree with this, I feel the same, however even more F2P players will take this stand than P2P.

La Marchessa

My Guild mate is getting an ad wall to do recurring quests this morning. He can only do 1, then an ad pops up. He has to exit out completely before he can do another.
I will be quitting this game if this keeps up.
I pay every month for diamonds. This is absurd.
Well said! and now you can't even win diamonds in GE like in the past. See my post on this and take my poll. cheers. (this is not an ad lol)