• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

why does the event have so many prod runs

Dursland

Events are typically heavy on one type of quest. I remember fall event was a ton of pay coins/supplies, which was painful for the first event of a brand new world. This one is productions, unfortunately.

stymie of Suwannee

To gain happiness, a lot and fast, replace a long stretch of your current road with trail. Then rebuild with your current age roads. Repeat, if necessary.

xivarmy

To gain happiness, a lot and fast, replace a long stretch of your current road with trail. Then rebuild with your current age roads. Repeat, if necessary.
That seems to be broken now - I tried to do it the other day and the "downgrade" section would only replace 1 tile at a time for me (upgrade would let me do the whole stretch still).

Usually i go with decos though - in low ages Memorials that cost effectively nothing. In higher ages when I'm well off whatever the most recent 2x2 deco is (usually takes a dozen or so of em).

Orius Maximus

Yeah, this one feels heavy on prod runs, I think it's 13 out of 40 of the rush quests, so that's about one out if every 3-4 quests. They're not a serious problem, I use supply rushes to blow through them ASAP, and stockpile rushes where I can specifically for events. I'd still rather pay big amounts of coins and supplies though simply because I have far more than I can use. I use Cider Mills (the base ones, not upgraded) for prod quests on the off chance I get a quest that makes the prods age based. If you're not worried about raw supply production, Beach Bars work decently well too.

I spam the decos too for happiness, roads really don't give enough in higher ages. For me, it's been about 3000 happiness per quest and in PE and CE that uses about 10 allotment gardens.

Gain population is another easy one. For that, I build then sell a military or goods producing building.

Pericles the Lion

It depends on what age you are in
Yes. Today's event quest for SAJM players included "Gain 52,500 happiness". Tedious to do with road swaps (155). Tough to do with Decos (need space for 18 Floating Flora). Doing it by replanting stored event buildings (Gov Villa) was a breeze.

Emberguard

Probably to help slow you down

This specific event is in your best interest to spend a bit of currency each day and not all at once (by which I specifically mean Energy, not the keys).

That seems to be broken now - I tried to do it the other day and the "downgrade" section would only replace 1 tile at a time for me (upgrade would let me do the whole stretch still).
It's never downgraded as far as I'm aware. I've been playing since 2017, and as far as I can remember you've never been able to downgrade more than a single tile at a time

What you can do is delete the roads and then place down something in a lower age, then upgrade by placing on top of those roads.

stymie of Suwannee

The road swap has been very buggy the last few events. It used to take a minute to catch up, freezes frequently now, particularly the Mars city. Makes me paranoid, like 14 of 41 Main Quests being production versus St Patties was 10 of 34, so more on more. Like they’re trying to slow ME down.

Darkest.Knight

Happiness, gold, supplies and population become nonissues later in the game, depending on your choice of events medals can a problem. Get to find out how ur really doing by time spent to use all the new town expansions u get. Diamond expansions have always taken me awhile due to my spending on events.