• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why I Don't Plunder

Alfred Rex

Just a place for those of us that take a kinder, gentler approach to the game to share their thoughts.

And unlike the ‘Plunder progress’ thread, everyone is welcome to contribute here.

I started playing this game shortly after it was released. For those first few months while the game was still in its beta version, I started and stopped playing several times-playing under several different names. Once the ‘Final Version’ was released I settled on the name Alfred Rex and have been playing regularly ever since.

From the beginning I have never been a first strike plunderer. Though I would occasionally retaliate if plundered. But then the neighborhood merges started getting really bad. I frequently found myself in neighborhoods with players two, three and even four ages ahead of me. Needless to say retaliating against those players was practically impossible. I would inquire of the support team as to why neighborhoods were configured in this way, but was pretty much told that was the way it was, suck it up and stop pestering them. That was when I began to take a very dim view of plundering and those who engage in it. That was also when I stopped buying diamonds from Innogames!

Besides, harming others really is not who I am, in real or virtual worlds. I much prefer to help people. The idea that harming others, even if it is ‘part of the game’, just seems so unnecessary.

So what’s your story?

DreadfulCadillac

Just a place for those of us that take a kinder, gentler approach to the game to share their thoughts.

And unlike the ‘Plunder progress’ thread, everyone is welcome to contribute here.

I started playing this game shortly after it was released. For those first few months while the game was still in its beta version, I started and stopped playing several times-playing under several different names. Once the ‘Final Version’ was released I settled on the name Alfred Rex and have been playing regularly ever since.

From the beginning I have never been a first strike plunderer. Though I would occasionally retaliate if plundered. But then the neighborhood merges started getting really bad. I frequently found myself in neighborhoods with players two, three and even four ages ahead of me. Needless to say retaliating against those players was practically impossible. I would inquire of the support team as to why neighborhoods were configured in this way, but was pretty much told that was the way it was, suck it up and stop pestering them. That was when I began to take a very dim view of plundering and those who engage in it. That was also when I stopped buying diamonds from Innogames!

Besides, harming others really is not who I am, in real or virtual worlds. I much prefer to help people. The idea that harming others, even if it is ‘part of the game’, just seems so unnecessary.

So what’s your story?
i plunder or dont plunder depending on if i feel like it or not.
somtimes i will plunder constantly, but if a player NICELY asks me to stop, i respect there wish.
I think it depends on what type of kingdom you have.
Are you the vikings who murder and pillage people?
Are you the usa, who spends so much on millatry, yet doesnt use it in a productive way alot, and is constantly meddling in others affairs?
are you switzerland, who is always neutral, has a millatry, yet perfers to be diplomatic:)

DevaCat

I'll have to disagree with you regarding "Plunder Progress" and everyone being welcome there or not. Everyone is welcome to post there, it's just that if you go in whining, you will be ridiculed -- usually with good reason.

As for the rest of the OP, I will leave to others a more detailed discussion. It should prove interesting. :rolleyes:

Graviton

My apologies, but this part of the post seemed exclusionary to me.

Well yeah, but that was over 2 years ago. The guy who started the thread hasn't posted in ages. I mean, the thread is dedicated to discussion of plundering, or maybe more accurately it's pointing and laughing at people who got butt-hurt by being plundered, but anybody is free to post there. There have been a couple of non-plunderers who have commented over the months. I was a follower of that thread long before I started plundering. It helped me to understand the mindset of those who plunder a lot, and it helped me to understand that being plundered is not a personal insult, it's just part of the game; and even in that context it's not really a big deal.

Alfred Rex

thats what every famous , and well built , empire in history has done..even the usa has done it ..so why cant we?!
I am not sure what historical empires you are referring to, but most, if not all, empires that advanced themselves by pillaging others eventually crumpled under the weight of their conquering. And today, plundering resources is considered to be a war crime.

DeletedUser40197

I don't plunder, myself. I tried it for awhile (like less then 20 times) and only got the plunder trophy d/t quests that require it, then I plundered houses if I could... plundering just isn't for me. I like to lift other players up, if I can. I do attack my hoodies, but won't plunder, unless they plunder me or level a GB as retaliation. Plundering just doesn't feel satisfying for me. Although I do understand while players do it.

Alfred Rex

Well yeah, but that was over 2 years ago. The guy who started the thread hasn't posted in ages. I mean, the thread is dedicated to discussion of plundering, or maybe more accurately it's pointing and laughing at people who got butt-hurt by being plundered, but anybody is free to post there. There have been a couple of non-plunderers who have commented over the months. I was a follower of that thread long before I started plundering. It helped me to understand the mindset of those who plunder a lot, and it helped me to understand that being plundered is not a personal insult, it's just part of the game; and even in that context it's not really a big deal.
Well maybe this thread will help you understand the mindset of those who choose not plunder. And I truly hope that nobody gets laughed at for sharing their opinions.

Agent327

You know there are these things called "Goods Buildings" that will produce those quantities. There are also several buildings like the "Shrine Of Knowledge", which are not too hard to acquire that will produce Forge Points.

Got those as well. Maxed out extensions and full built city. So "those quantities" are now produced by my neigbours, so I can get even more. You got to love them for doing it.

Alfred Rex

take the united states.in the middle east, we have bombed oil so neither side can use it.thats almost like plundering
As a matter of definition, plundering is the taking of resources from a defeated enemy for one’s own use. Destroying a resource to keep it from your enemy is a permissible act of war.
Actually destroying resources in most cases would be permissible. After originally posting the above, I heard the voice of my old JAG officer screaming in my head. She probably would not have been happy with such an open ended statement

Last edited:

DeletedUser40477

I used to plunder, then I got a level 80 arc. Now I find my time is better spent sniping.

But at times I wonder which is worse. Depends upon the snipe I suppose....

Naw who am I kidding, sniping is much worse.

Vger

I don't plunder, unless plundered. Just not my style. I would rather progress by the fruits of my own labor, rather than tax others for my needs.

But I think FOE would be much less interesting if plundering wasn't a thing.

What would be the point of Ritual Flames and Watchtowers (and the upgrade kits)? Pretty little decorations to scatter around your city?
Would anyone bother assigning troops to defense? Why?
What would be the point of SBC or DC? Even with plundering, they are marginal.
Don't feel like collecting your productions right now? No problem, they'll be there whenever you get around to it. Go back to sleep.
Want to move up an age, even though you know you'll end up near the bottom of your hood? MAH..who cares? So what if you are an easy target for anyone doing a quest that requires fighting? EVERYONE is an easy target, because why bother not being one?

So, I don't plunder, and I don't like being plundered, but I think it's a good thing that others do plunder (any city but mine).

Jern2017

I attack and plunder daily. Why? Because there's a big icon with a sword when you tap on a neighbor's avatar right next to the "aid" icon. This gives a player an option to either play peacefully or not, the same as you have an option to either fight or negotiate a GE encounter.

I also fight and plunder because I like it. Simple. Can't I produce my own goods and FPs? I can and I sure do! But if I produce 200 FP in my city daily and plunder 30 FP, I'll still have 30 FP more than I'd have from collecting just from my city.

I love to help other players, even those whom I plunder. Since I attack them, I can't help them by aiding, but I've traded goods, explained some basic things if they were much less advanced, gave advice on fighting, shared sniping targets... I help those who ask for it and are not whining about me plundering them. When I was less developed, I was being plundered regularly by neighbors who were, at the time, lightyears ahead of me. I was never rude or insulting to them and some of the very people who were stealing my resources were at the same time helping me to become a stronger, better player by helping me the same way I now try help others.

The two things I find funny is when people think someone's way of playing a game somehow projects on the way they are in real life and when people are so self centered that they act like they're the only neighbor that you plunder and think you're picking on them.

DeletedUser40197

So the OP is regarding why you chose not to plunder. And I'm seeing alot of responses as to why you choose to plunder. That was not the question. That has its own thread. I believe most people are well aware that many people choose to plunder, and with great results. That doesn't mean there is no place for a discussion on not choosing to plunder.