• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why I Don't Plunder

DeletedUser

I have a 480% defensive boost in one of my cities. While the "casual attacker" will try my defense once and give up, the Plunderer will not and almost always wins, often taking next to no damage in the process.
Or...take damage and not care. I just recently attacked a hoodie with over 400% defense and beat it, losing a few Rogues in the process. Which doesn't bother me in the least because on that world I have well over 1000 Rogues...and that's piddly compared to how many some players have.

DeletedUser30312

I have a 480% defensive boost in one of my cities. While the "casual attacker" will try my defense once and give up, the Plunderer will not and almost always wins, often taking next to no damage in the process. The combination of terrible City Defense AI, the ease of obtaining military units beyond one'a Age and Inno's focus on GBs and Event Building which benefit the attacker all conspire to render city defense by military means ineffectual.

Well, I've seen casual attackers take multiple attempts against my cities. These seem to be players who don't keep track of what I'm using on defense, and often don't defend themselves.

I think probably the worst culprit overall is the ability to gain advanced age units. Fighting with them is a huge advantage especially when coupled with rogues. Inno really slipped up there.

Mustapha00

Or...take damage and not care. I just recently attacked a hoodie with over 400% defense and beat it, losing a few Rogues in the process. Which doesn't bother me in the least because on that world I have well over 1000 Rogues...and that's piddly compared to how many some players have.

Oh gosh yes.

If I were channeling my Inner Conspiracy Theorist, I'd say that Inno is clearly biased towards Rogue production via Alcatraz.

Houston Don

Well, I've seen casual attackers take multiple attempts against my cities. These seem to be players who don't keep track of what I'm using on defense, and often don't defend themselves.

I think probably the worst culprit overall is the ability to gain advanced age units. Fighting with them is a huge advantage especially when coupled with rogues. Inno really slipped up there.
Keep in mind that such advanced age troops are usually limited in supply so those who use them to attack will often have to use diamonds when they lose them or they get damaged. Using advanced age troops also negates your AO from kicking in, those who have wisely leveled their AO up will see what a big difference that can mean.

- KQ -

Keep in mind that such advanced age troops are usually limited in supply so those who use them to attack will often have to use diamonds when they lose them or they get damaged. Using advanced age troops also negates your AO from kicking in, those who have wisely leveled their AO up will see what a big difference that can mean.

Advanced age troops, a leveled up Arctic Orangery...They're all part of a well stocked tool box along with boosting your attack bonus with your Zeus, Cathedral of Aachen, Castel del Monte, Terracotta Army and miscellaneous and sundry other boosts through special buildings. I don't want one big hammer, I want several.

DeletedUser30312

I use them sparingly, and I always fight manually with them to keep them safe. Usually I let the Rogues do all the work while the advanced units hang back.

As for the AO, yes it won't work if everything you're facing is underleveled, but in that case you don't really need the AO. But if both sides have equally advanced units, then the AO will kick in where it normally wouldn't.

Houston Don

Advanced age troops, a leveled up Arctic Orangery...They're all part of a well stocked tool box along with boosting your attack bonus with your Zeus, Cathedral of Aachen, Castel del Monte, Terracotta Army and miscellaneous and sundry other boosts through special buildings. I don't want one big hammer, I want several.
I agree but the only thing that changes when you are using different age troops than an opponent is how the AO reacts. My AO hits often enough that all else being equal, that ~ 20% chance of doing 150% damage is a huge advantage over someone that doesn't have one. The flip side is that we're rarely "equal" to one another so someone with advanced troops attacking us will negate the AO on top of using advanced troops with better capabilities. And while one may emerge victorious, the AO can make the cost of attacking you more than someone wants to pay-balancing out the different troops and GB's for full effect is part of the fun of playing FoE. :)