• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Why InnoGames changes FP packs reward to DirectToBar?

• Thread starter DeletedUser27184
  • Start date

DeletedUser27184

So evidently InnoGames changes the way we receive FP in some cases, from packs, directly to the FP-Bar (as can be seen in the GE changes and the Treasure hunt changes).
Why?

I would ask, from any participant in the discussion, not to change the discussion as to how bad this idea is, or how InnoGames don't hear the players, or how to propose a change, or any type of rant about it. There are many other threads of that kind of discussions.
In this thread I would like to discuss possible business reasons for such a change. Nothing more.

So I had two ideas why the sudden overall change.

The more positive is that when FP goes into your archive as a pack, you don't feel it. If it goes into your bar, it will have SUPER FULL visibility, and you would be aware of it. Thus players become more aware and SEE whenever they receive some FP's.

Another idea is that the FP fights over high level rewards demands tons of FP on hand. So it may be that players will be pressured into buying FP when they have less FP packs. In this case InnoGames target their valued customers who pay top dollars, and try to force them to pay even more.

I find both of those ideas lackluster because Most of the FP packs are coming from winning GB rewards, so the effects will be felt on only the small part of the FP packs.

DeletedUser26965

"The decision to change the package rewards to direct Forge Points is because we prefer to see a more constant flow of forge points through the game, rather than them being stockpiled into infinity. (Also in general on the UI side we think it's more understandable when there's only being one method of storing Forge Points - the Forge Points bar.)

Don't worry, no changes currently planned for the handling of the Great Building rewards, we realize that's a bit of a different situation."

[Feedback] Ongoing Changelog w/c 30th January

Algona

I'm shooting in the dark here, may be way off.

The treasure hunt is only available in browser I believe, I could be wrong. Inventory FPs are much more powerful then Bar FPs. I've earned hundreds of Inventory FPs from Treasure Hunt over a couple years. I;m not sure that's entirely fair to the mobile players.

I'm OK with this decision. Don't like it personally, but I do understand it. I still get to do the Treasure Hunt and garner those FPs, just gotta be ready with a handy dump for them,

Just one possible reason.