• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why is there a section for robots under members?

CommanderCool1234

I was looking through the members section of the forum and noticed there was a page for robots, is our information being used by the robots?

DreadfulCadillac

I was looking through the members section of the forum and noticed there was a page for robots, is our information being used by the robots?
See im not going to explain the innerworkings of the internet mainly cause I don't know how I would explain it, and I don't know enough. But pretty sure they are used by google and other places to do stuff like list the forum on google, etc

DeletedUser

You tell a search engine to crawl in a directory or not crawl in one. If it is an administrative folder with no searchable content then a crawl will harm your ranking and possibly expose your server assets to the edge. This is expected and normal to see as the classic root file(s) are/is robots.xml (the structure) and robots.txt(the go /no go instructions) . It will be even more fun with the new Google tags being pushed out. They are well worth your while switching to but you better bring your structured data A game to the table before doing so.

Last edited by a moderator: