• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why isn't the castle system account wide?

ScreamingZiva

Outside of "for money reasons", why was the castle system not designed as an account wide system? The diamonds you buy are account wide so why aren't the benefits? Other games have Legacy / Renown / etc systems where you unlock things account wide. I'd like to start another city on another world but I don't want to have to choose which city to spend my $$$ in when buying diamonds.

Johnny B. Goode

Outside of "for money reasons", why was the castle system not designed as an account wide system? The diamonds you buy are account wide so why aren't the benefits? Other games have Legacy / Renown / etc systems where you unlock things account wide. I'd like to start another city on another world but I don't want to have to choose which city to spend my $$$ in when buying diamonds.
A) For the umpteenth time I find myself stating the simple and obvious fact that this isn't "other games".
B) The Castle points are based on things you do in the individual worlds, not account-wide.
C) Some of the benefits/rewards are buildings. How would you share a single building account-wide? It doesn't work.
D) As @Sharmon the Impaler points out, the abuse possible by making the Castle system account-wide is massive.
E) Probably the only possible justification for making it account-wide is the fact that buying Diamonds garners Castle points and Diamonds can be used account-wide, but the fact that you can only use Diamonds once and not once per world kind of negates that.
F) As far as your last sentence, that's the worst justification for any change to the game, let alone such a massive change as you propose. Make your choices and then live with them. Like most of us have to do, both in the game and in real life.

As a side note, I really don't like that buying Diamonds earns Castle points. It's one of the worst decisions they've made, and the only real justification for it is the money factor. It was strictly a revenue-driven decision.

xivarmy

Castle System *is* a money-centric system. You cannot pass off money-concerns as secondary for it as it is its primary purpose.

It is basically a VIP system ripped off from countless mobile games. There typically is ways to progress it as a free player so that people can say "you could get it too, it just takes time!", but you should not expect to reach the top level as a free player (that time is often measured in years :p). And FoE castle system basically fits that model identically.

On the plus side, it's typically much *more* game warping where it becomes almost the primary point of spending in many a mobile game. And a free player (or even a light spender) will never be able to touch a max-VIP player. Where in FoE it provides some nice perks but the longer you play the less meaningful they'll be - i.e. the guy that drops $20k on a brand new world has a massive advantage. But in a year+ old world, there's not really any reason to care anymore about his extra castle perks - you can come close enough that how you each play is more defining than the perks.

DiamondEye

I would like to see the Forge Plus Package update every 31 days. Many of us get paid only once a month and when it updates early, we must wait to buy the next round until payday comes in. Those few days make it miserable when my FP bar lowers its max to 10. Thoughts?

Johnny B. Goode

The part that bothers me is that since it is one account it would be nice if there was what I call a "dummy box" so that we can be sure that we're on the right world to obtain the castle credit for purchases.
I don't know if this will help, but I've been playing on multiple worlds for years and I always name my city starting with the same first letter as the world that city is on. For example, if you have a city on Vingrid you might name it Valhalla. Helps me immensely keep them straight, especially when I have several in the same era. (Like now, I have 4 active cities and a couple of Diamond farms in Industrial.)