• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Why ten dots on the provinces in GVG Map

DeletedUser32789

Why are there ten dots underneath the provinces when there are only eight armies allowed? It seems like there should be eight dots?

DeletedUser29726

There's 10 dots per army representing individual fights, one dot missing on the map represents an average of one dot missing from each DA in a fully loaded sector. I could see 8 making sense too with a dot missing representing one dead DA, but present system is fine.

DeletedUser32789

So it doesn't represent the number of armies (well it kinda does I guess). Before you place a siege, four dots doesn't represent four armies but instead would represent three armies? Whereas 10 dots would represent 8 armies? And I guess if people placed less than eight units in one of the armies the dots would take that into account. I think I understand. Thanks

DeletedUser29726

you can only place armies of 8 units - but each army of 8 units has to be killed 10 times. a fully loaded sector takes 8*10 fights to win, and one dot on the main map represents 8 fights. You can see finer detail by opening the sector up and looking at the defending armies tab (each dot there representing one loss remaining for the army above it)