• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Why the limited sale option?

Jase249

I don't know if this qualifies as a question; admittedly more of a gripe. For the 2nd time this event Inno has offered bonus tickets for buying diamonds on Xyr, but not other servers. I don't understand the rationale for this. My Xyr city is fairly stable at the moment so I don't need tickets there. If this sale was being offered in O-world I'd be buying a bunch of diamond packages while the tickets are available because of the possibility of additional buildings like SoK that I could add to the city revamp, which I could also accelerate with diamonds. Instead, I'll simply take the game slower and not use diamonds. That's money staying in my pocket and hence not going to Inno.

So I guess the question is, why offer the bonus ticket package on only one server? That's like a retail clothing store saying we're having a sale but only if you drive a Hyundai. It doesn't seem to make good business sense to alienate the vast majority of your customers by excluding them from sales based on apparently random, arbitrary criteria.

DeletedUser27889

I've never understood why they do that. I'm sure they have some marketing person telling them it works to drum up sales, and I'm not saying having sales instead of permanently offering something isn't a good strategy. When you only offer sales to some you only end up offending those you don't while also losing the revenue from those that would have purchased if it had been offered to them.

As for your post I know a sale triggered yesterday on N.

Jase249

Yeah, I just don't get it. I'm usually a fairly (I think) bright guy on economics and marketing but this is one I can't wrap my head around. I'm even more baffled by the revelation that it's on some worlds just not the ones I listed. The best rationalization I could come up with previously was that they were trying to drive people to Xyr since it's still a new server and they'd like to increase the player population there. Now I have no idea. Guess I'll just wait and hope it pops up on O at some point, although it didn't the last time around so I won't hold my breath. I was just curious if someone had any kind of insight regarding the Method of Madness.

Maybe they're just picking servers out of a hat or throwing darts at a board or something lol.

DeletedUser26965

Am I wrong or wasn't it the case that for past events when they bundle event offers in with diamonds they did so for everyone? At least I thought that's how it was. For the Summer event it seems to be programmed the same as it is for other non event offers, just randomly given out to some players.

DeletedUser13838

Yeah, I just don't get it. I'm usually a fairly (I think) bright guy on economics and marketing but this is one I can't wrap my head around. I'm even more baffled by the revelation that it's on some worlds just not the ones I listed. The best rationalization I could come up with previously was that they were trying to drive people to Xyr since it's still a new server and they'd like to increase the player population there. Now I have no idea. Guess I'll just wait and hope it pops up on O at some point, although it didn't the last time around so I won't hold my breath. I was just curious if someone had any kind of insight regarding the Method of Madness.

Maybe they're just picking servers out of a hat or throwing darts at a board or something lol.
If you could predict when diamond sales will be offered to you then you'd never buy them when they weren't on sale.