• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why was discarding very useful guild tools in exchange for stuff like GE L5

Centaur1956

I for one miss the old guild forum terribly it was a place the guild to could post rules and important information without cluttering up the main guild thread or the social thread, Now we have to settle for crap like GE L 5 what's next guys come on and also the ads have got to go you made it for years without them but your losing players fast because of them, think about where the money is guys?

The Lady Redneck

also the ads have got to go you made it for years without them but your losing players fast because of them, think about where the money is guys?
You must remember that the Ads are being brought to the game by the new owners. They have a different mindset to INNOGAMES and intend moving the game forward as they see fit. They know very little and care even less about what went on before they took it over.

Centaur1956

You must remember that the Ads are being brought to the game by the new owners. They have a different mindset to INNOGAMES and intend moving the game forward as they see fit. They know very little and care even less about what went on before they took it over.
All I know is a lot of players that have bought tons of diamonds are quitting in droves and I still miss the old forum I have been playing since 2014 and seen it all go down and for the most part it has been bad for business IMO

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
Please remember if you want your feedback passed on, you need to post it in the correct place. For instance, if you have a comment about GE5 please post about it in the feedback thread provided.

Pericles the Lion

There are no "new owners". Modern Times Group (MTG) purchased a minority stake in InnoGames in 2017. In 2020, they increased their position to 51%. There is an unverified rumor on the Forum that MTG again increased their stake. Regardless, there are no new owners.

Dursland

There are no "new owners". Modern Times Group (MTG) purchased a minority stake in InnoGames in 2017. In 2020, they increased their position to 51%. There is an unverified rumor on the Forum that MTG again increased their stake. Regardless, there are no new owners.
They have increased the stake to 68% so they are essentially the new owners with a controlling share.

They are the ones responsible for the changes to the game lately, which came very shortly after they increased the stake to a majority.

Pericles the Lion

They have increased the stake to 68% so they are essentially the new owners with a controlling share.

They are the ones responsible for the changes to the game lately, which came very shortly after they increased the stake to a majority.
In terms of exerting control and setting priorities, there is no difference between 51% (where MTG was in 2020) and 68% (where you say they are now but I've not been able to verify). MTG has had a controlling share for 3 years.