• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event

McKnife

I completely agree. Christmas yields negative enthusiasm??? This is a very troubling message.

Sharmon the Impaler

I completely agree. Christmas yields negative enthusiasm??? This is a very troubling message.
The holidays are not as cheerfull as you seem to think they are. Homeless people may find extra food in the dumpsters and suicides increase dramatically over the holidays.

Disgruntled Veteran

Did anyone see what the winter event quest was in the quest line? I logged in to collect the daily stars and do todays quest but after collecting the stars the screen glitched, then said to come back in 23:58. I double checked and the glitch counted as completed. IDK

Johnny B. Goode

Did anyone see what the winter event quest was in the quest line? I logged in to collect the daily stars and do todays quest but after collecting the stars the screen glitched, then said to come back in 23:58. I double checked and the glitch counted as completed. IDK
It was complete GE level 1 or defeat this large army. If you had already completed GE level 1, then it would autocomplete for you. So not a glitch.

Emberguard

Thank you!

Is it just me, or is this event much easier than the last couple that we had?

Do you mean the event mechanics or the actual quests?

If you mean the mechanics I would say absolutely it's easier. It's mostly just gather currency and click when there's a prize you want.

If you mean the Quests.... I kinda haven't been paying attention to the Quests. My cities established enough to just get through whatever they are

Disgruntled Veteran

Do you mean the event mechanics or the actual quests?

If you mean the mechanics I would say absolutely it's easier. It's mostly just gather currency and click when there's a prize you want.

If you mean the Quests.... I kinda haven't been paying attention to the Quests. My cities established enough to just get through whatever they are

Both really. It feels like we're just clicking through to completion without any thought or effort. All I have left to get out of this event is the gingerbread cottage, Santa's showcase, and a couple cream & nog upgrades. There's no reason for this event to be so long.

Dursland

Both really. It feels like we're just clicking through to completion without any thought or effort. All I have left to get out of this event is the gingerbread cottage, Santa's showcase, and a couple cream & nog upgrades. There's no reason for this event to be so long.
Any event with a calendar will be 30-32 days.

No complaints here as the calendar is awesome this year and there's a lot of booty to be won from it. Even two Finish All Specials!

I'm finally doing an event in my diamond farms for the first time since Summer and it's great getting a wishing well, golden nutcracker, 2 FASPs, and other assorted goodies from the calendar for my farms.

It also gives you a chance to stockpile stars for a good daily special, which is nice for those players who missed Winter 22 completely and need lots of choco/epic kits.

Disgruntled Veteran

I find it really absurd the number of days there is not a key included among the presents. I'm up to 4 days now.

Must be luck of the draw. Keys aren't always in the first set, sometimes they're in the 2nd or 3rd...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231211_120712_Forge of Empires.jpg
    Screenshot_20231211_120712_Forge of Empires.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 6

Johnny B. Goode

Must be luck of the draw. Keys aren't always in the first set, sometimes they're in the 2nd or 3rd...
And then sometimes there's a key chance in multiple boards on the same day. I've run into this when going after a desirable Daily Special (or switched DS), and since Calendar daily prizes aren't that great and I'm not trying to complete the Calendar it's very annoying to get 1(one!) Key fragment instead of the not-great-but-better-than-Key-fragment "present" prize. So it seems that Inno has set up the Key situation very carefully to aggravate both those going for the Calendar completion and those trying to ignore the Calendar. Apparently only @Pericles the Lion is happy with the Key/fragment situation. ;)

Disgruntled Veteran

What was the point of your post ? I received 2 keys on the first board so far for the event and your solution is to just spend a lot of money to overcome the abysmal odds ?

No, simply stating that the key isn't always on the first board. Never offered a solution. However, now that you mentioned, ensure you're completing the daily challenge to get your key parts. ;)

Disgruntled Veteran

Apparently only @Pericles the Lion is happy with the Key/fragment situation. ;)

I'd say I'm quite happy as well. I have no need or desire to play this event anymore than using up the little amount stars I collect each day. Probably save them til the end. And of course, complete the calendar, which at the moment I only need one key fragment to complete.

Sharmon the Impaler

No, simply stating that the key isn't always on the first board. Never offered a solution. However, now that you mentioned, ensure you're completing the daily challenge to get your key parts. ;)
Yup , every DQ is for the key frags , that got me 6 more keys , still missing 3 and my last first board was no key yet again.