• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event?

Pericles the Lion

No Diamonds? I doubt it. At the 3/4 point, according to your own words, the probability is having gotten enough fragments from the DC to have ~10.5 full Keys. Let's give you better than average luck and say you got enough so far to make 15 full Keys. You still have enough fragments left to make 4, which would mean you opened 11 doors with fragment Keys. That leaves 13. Let's say you had outstanding luck with first boards each day and got 75% with Keys. That's 18 boards. Let's also say you had better than average luck and got those Keys 75% of the time. That's 13.5 Keys. Now you have barely enough to have opened all 24 doors without spending Diamonds. Remember, that's having better than expected results from the DC and outstanding luck with Keys on first boards and better than average luck getting those Keys before hitting Shuffle. I'm not buying it. I'm seeing 50% or less first boards with Keys in my 13 cities, and from hunting Daily Specials on those boards, I know that the percentage of getting what you're going after on the first try is way less than 75%. Now maybe sometimes you're getting that first Key and another one shows up on the next board. That does happen, but not very often. And I'm not buying that it happens often enough (and you get it often enough) to make up for the Keys on first boards that you don't end up getting.

TLDR: I call BS on you getting these results without buying Keys with Diamonds. (I notice that you didn't say that you didn't buy Key fragments. Was that an oversight, or careful wording on your part?)
This careful analysis is being brought to you by the player that thought the daily challenge only gave chances for 1-3 key fragments. :p

Johnny B. Goode

This careful analysis is being brought to you by the player that thought the daily challenge only gave chances for 1-3 key fragments. :p
Yes. And I admitted that I was wrong and you were right in that case, something you've never done. Your credibility=0.

P.S.: It is okay to say that the sky is falling when the sky actually is falling.

Graviton

Yes. And I admitted that I was wrong and you were right in that case, something you've never done. Your credibility=0.

P.S.: It is okay to say that the sky is falling when the sky actually is falling.
To continue with that analogy, when one says the sky is falling for months on end and yet all that ever happens is that it rains a bit but never falls, it becomes nothing but a running joke and everyone is left to wonder why Chicken Little keeps going outside at all.

Johnny B. Goode

To continue with that analogy, when one says the sky is falling for months on end and yet all that ever happens is that it rains a bit but never falls, it becomes nothing but a running joke and everyone is left to wonder why Chicken Little keeps going outside at all.
And when it rains, but one (or two) of the animals always insists the sun is shining? Not just a running joke, but rather sad and pathetic.

Johnny B. Goode

I learned awhile back that just because somebody disagrees with me that doesn't mean one of us has a character flaw. It's just a different perspective, of which there are many.
If you go back to Pericles' post that started this little line, he was the one insulting me rather than addressing the points in my post. Why you decided to chime in with your nonsense is beyond me.

Disgruntled Veteran

Why you decided to chime in with your nonsense is beyond me.

Because it’s a public forum where anyone can reply whenever they want to

Anyways,

anyone’s luck turning around yet with the keys? Is there anyone struggling with the event questline(QL)? Maybe it’s just me, but the QL seems overly easy compared to past events. Honestly, I’m just looking forward to this event ending. Waiting for the event to end to finally get the last couple buildings is making it feel as though times going backwards.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Is there anyone struggling with the event questline(QL)? Maybe it’s just me, but the QL seems overly easy compared to past events.
LMAO. You just noticed that event questlines are easy? It's a natural result of power creep, which doesn't just involve military boosts, but also the ease of producing goods, coins, supplies, FP, etc., and producing them quickly. Anyone that's been playing for just a few months doesn't even have to know the quests ahead of time to be able to get through them without difficulty, especially the long events like this one. The only possible hangups are if you haven't left room for the "build" quests, or haven't got sufficient production buildings (or space to put them up temporarily.)

Darkest.Knight

My "luck" is pretty awful this time thru, 1 key is my normal daily reward and not all that many keys on new boards. I usually ignore the calendar; I don't remember ever completing an entire calendar. Although I've spent some diamonds and will end up with 2 event buildings I'm not even close on the calendar.

Disgruntled Veteran

LMAO. You just noticed that event questlines are easy? It's a natural result of power creep, which doesn't just involve military boosts, but also the ease of producing goods, coins, supplies, FP, etc., and producing them quickly. Anyone that's been playing for just a few months doesn't even have to know the quests ahead of time to be able to get through them without difficulty, especially the long events like this one. The only possible hangups are if you haven't left room for the "build" quests, or haven't got sufficient production buildings (or space to put them up temporarily.)

Well as you pointed out, I did create a couple of those hangups early on. I foolishly didn’t leave room for the build quests and also didn’t have enough production buildings. I fixed that a while ago tho. The only quests that I prefer to know in advanced at this point is the population and happiness increases. Which there’s a population increase on Friday’s quest.

Johnny B. Goode

The only quests that I prefer to know in advanced at this point is the population and happiness increases. Which there’s a population increase on Friday’s quest.
Population increases are easy. Place and delete a military building that requires the necessary population.
Happiness increases are also easy if you have a Store Building item. Immediately after collecting, store an event building with sufficient Happiness and then immediately place it again.
Voila! Easy peasy!

I don't particularly care for the Winter event, but I have gotten a Pyramid that is cooking up some silver upgrade frags for me, .. I haven't spent any diamonds or cash, and the calendar is a nothing for me .. if I get a key once in a while, ok, if not, ok. I think I have 8 keys at most in any world. and the Reindeer sleigh is another thing to ignore - why spend almost 3,000 diamonds ? How many people collect the Reindeer?

Disgruntled Veteran

I don't particularly care for the Winter event, but I have gotten a Pyramid that is cooking up some silver upgrade frags for me, .. I haven't spent any diamonds or cash, and the calendar is a nothing for me .. if I get a key once in a while, ok, if not, ok. I think I have 8 keys at most in any world. and the Reindeer sleigh is another thing to ignore - why spend almost 3,000 diamonds ? How many people collect the Reindeer?

Is the Reindeer Sleigh from 2022’s event? I didn’t see this year at all, not that I want it, just curious.

The calendars main building is the Santa Spectacular Showtime, the gold league building is the Gingerbread Cottage, and Elfie’s Shop gives the Nog Shop. All have pretty good stats.

Amiar

anyone’s luck turning around yet with the keys? Is there anyone struggling with the event questline(QL)? Maybe it’s just me, but the QL seems overly easy compared to past events. Honestly, I’m just looking forward to this event ending. Waiting for the event to end to finally get the last couple buildings is making it feel as though times going backwards.
I'm ignoring the keys completely. I played for the daily challenge and was able to get 18 epic winter 2023 kits, which helps me get to my goal of producing 1 mass aid kit per day and having a gold choc by the end of the event.

I know the calendar building is very good, but I wanted guaranteed rewards, so for me I am going to shuffle some prizes in with the elfs and try and finish out the rest of my choc/nutcracker/2023 winter kits so I can achieve my goal. I'm also going to see if I can't sneak in a lvl 2 nog shop (or 2) so that I can finish my second winter spire. I saved up enough diamonds to spend about 1000 on shuffling gifts and the 3k to buy them, so I'm hoping to end the event with 1 or 2 lvl 2 nogs, 1 golden choc, and some combination of nutcracker guardhouses to get 1 mass aid per day.

I should be ending the event with a lvl 1 winter spire and 7 upgrades (so a lvl 8/10) so 1 nog shop will help me eventually finish that 2nd spire, which will double the production rate of the winter event buildings, which seems a good value to me!

In the event I can't get silver league or 460 progress (thus the golden choc is hopeless) I'll probably see how many nog shops I can get in one go and build the rest of my selection kits as nutcrackers. If I'm just short of 460 prog, I can get some extra stars from the elf shop.

The last day is gonna be a bit dynamic for me, but I'm excited to see what I can get out of the elf shop. The old diamond farm is paying off!

Edit: I just realized that with all my key fragments I currently have, plus the doors I've opened, I'm 3 doors short of the full calendar if I open the rest with diamonds. By the end of the event I'll probably have enough fragments/diamonds to cover it. So now this is another tempting option, because 10x winter pyramid frags a day is better than 6! And I'd get the choco upgrade. Decisions, decisions.

Last edited: