• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

With the arrival of battlegrounds, what is the future of the OBS (Observatory)?

Agent327

You're hilarious. If anything, GBG has brought the Obs back out of that column. You are correct in that GE doesn't require enough Treasury goods to make it worthwhile, but it costs a heck of a lot more to erect buildings in GBG and every little bit helps. (You conveniently ignore that part of the discussion.) All those other GBs you mention take up much more room than the Obs, which is a big part of why they're in that category. Obs is in the same category as the Statue of Zeus, small enough that it is worth the little bit of space for what it provides.

Only one here hilarious is you. You also conveniently ignore parts and then accuse someone else of doing it.

DeletedUser30312

I'm with @Stephen Longshanks here. GBG has made the Obs a bit more useful than it was in the past given the guild goods cost of GBG buildings. Now if your guild is too cheap to put up buildings in GBG I can see not considering it important for the guild. But I have seen guilds that do spam buildings so they probably want the goods. Observatories are small, and have relatively low FP costs to level. I'd probably agree if it were a 5x5 or bigger, it required several hundred goods to build, and/or the FP costs were more along the lines of a GB from ME/PME or later, but that's not the case. The main hurdle is the difficulty of getting Obs blueprints besides from another Obs since they usually only show up in events. I rank the Obs in the middle, not an essential GB, but a useful tool to help your guild. I still think it's better than the Atomium, since that thing is a space hog, and the secondary happiness bonus isn't really all that hot.

Intellecus

GvG is still an active feature, even if some guilds do not find it worthwhile.

Also, Battlegrounds uses a lot of guild goods for province buildings. Anything that generates guild goods is useful.

Take GvG most guilds don't like nor play same with the players ... on the other BG has taken th game like wildfirew ... We all love it !

Mustapha00

OBS would hardly be the first GB overtaken by events.

When's the last time you saw someone actively working on Habitat?