• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

worst world for trade market

Dursland

This has to be the worst world as far as trade market goes. Seems every single person is trying to profit off unfair trades. Never seen it this bad in my other worlds.

We've even had to resort to making trade threads in social tab because everybody posts unfair trades instead of taking what's on market.

Ebeondi Asi

I find it comes and goes. There are players who think they can post anything and some player whi does not know what they are doing will take it. All they need are a few players making mistakes to profit.

Mor-Rioghain

I saw the same thing on Carthage when it was new. It takes time for the market to settle down. The players who are new to the game either post their trades not realizing that they're 'unfair,' or they quickly pick up the habit by what they see already posted in the market. I'm sure it will smooth out soon enough. In-guild fair trades threads is probably your best bet not just for acquiring goods but as a 'teaching tool' to those who are new(er) to the game/marketing.

xivarmy

It's because it's a new world and people care. "Making profit off trades" all but vanishes eventually when people get cities full of event buildings - they have enough goods for what they do, and what would they need with more. Same reason worlds turn from "advanced goods for sale" to "free goods" - enough people reach those ages that don't care about profit and have excess goods that it becomes harder and harder to sell.

Mor-Rioghain

But Zorskog launched before battlegrounds and I suspect that the players who are new now see all of the uber-high gbs, the really advanced cities, the fp-wealth that didn't really exist before bg and just want to get to that point that much faster. I don't think the attitude is all that new to the game but the ceiling has certainly gone up! lol I rememeber as a new player just over 5 years ago and veteran players counciled '1k in each good, each era, except your current and previous eras-5k.' Those numbers made sense that many years ago. Now? I'd go into utter panic mode if I had less than 20k of each good/each era in lower eras and .... let's not discuss what I feel comfortable with in my current/previous era! LOL I suspect most people have just raised their bars.

The Lady Redneck

A lot if it is down to new players in a new world starting guilds without the foggiest idea of what they are doing or what the game is about. They have no experience whatsoever, so do not know how to help other noobs who join this awesome guild that will rule the world by this time next week. Once these noob Founders realise the work that is actually involved they bail out. When I first started Guild Founders had gained game experience before starting a guild. So they could advise new players and lay out guildlines for members to follow. No-one expected the game to spoon feed them. So guild Founders and the leadership team they set up had to work hard at teaching the members what the game was about. How can people know how to post a fair trade if they have no-one to tell them what a fair trade is?

Last edited:

xivarmy

I started Zorskog on day 1 and played almost 2 years before hiatus. It was never this bad there.
Zorskog was a weird world start. It was like 2 weeks? after Yorkton. So most of the people ready to go for an all-in start had already been sucked out, and it wound up starting a strange pace with a different makeup of people. I almost regret not trying it, but I had already committed to Yorkton at the time.

LoveNkind

I LOVE "unfair" trades, especially for Arcs and other GBs and when you really need some jewelry for a tech research or Campaign map. On the other hand, when my trades pages have several pages of one greedy pig wanting more than his items usually sell for, then I cannot find the trades I DO want and I unfriend that nuisance.

Dursland

After looking at market today to see if anyone would take genome data or electromagnets I decided the situation was bad enough that I needed to go to beta forums and suggest that they add trades to ignore function.

Hopefully the proposal passes. It makes sense anyway, ignoring someone should mean ignoring them - including their stupid trades.

Ignoring like 3 people in the hood would improve the market dramatically.