• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Would this be too powerful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser23419

Imagine a tech costing 650 fps, but opening up to a whole guild.
Now, imagine a building in that tech which would grant 1 CHOSEN blueprint each day.

Is this too overpowered?

DeletedUser13838

Imagine a building that takes 2 weeks to build and spits out 200 diamonds/day. That's essentially what this is.

DeletedUser23419

Imagine a building that takes 2 weeks to build and spits out 200 diamonds/day. That's essentially what this is.

Hmm... that doesn't seem viable. It should probably be at least a month, and cost resources to create.

Edit: I made it so that it would cost 75 pieces of paper per blueprint. Does that balance it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23419

No, when you're in TE, paper is very very cheap.

From a resource perspective. From a time perspective, your talking about building 4 paper mills just to have a constant rate.
It's also expensive for space as well, being more than a potential great building.

Lastly, by the time that tech would become available, you probably already have the great buildings you desire.

DeletedUser10415

The point is you'd be depriving Inno of a source of income. Players spend 200 diamonds each to get that last blueprint or three. If you'd just think about how an idea might cost Inno income before you write it, up, you'd save yourself a lot of time.

DeletedUser23419

The point is you'd be depriving Inno of a source of income. Players spend 200 diamonds each to get that last blueprint or three. If you'd just think about how an idea might cost Inno income before you write it, up, you'd save yourself a lot of time.

The difficulty in even gaining the tech would cover that. But it happens to be that I have a currency system based not on paper money, but one's reputation.

DeletedUser10517

The difficulty in even gaining the tech would cover that. But it happens to be that I have a currency system based not on paper money, but one's reputation.
There is nothing "difficult" about 650 forge points.

I have 650 forge points sitting in my inventory right now. Big Deal. People in Contemporary/Tomorrow/Future can produce 70/80+ fps a day.
Also a guild with 80 members.....they all put 8 fps in on one day...........its done.

As for the Paper........75 paper is peanuts. I have over 3000 Paper in my Bank......when a player is in Modern Era, all their GBs give them Colonial Age goods......for me thats well over 100 a day.....

It is a struggle in the beginning for a reason..........life is the same.

How about you think of something that will actually enhance the game we have rather than try to change it into a new game altogether or a game that makes the begiinning very easy?

DeletedUser23419

I​f all you can see is how convenient the ideas are, you are totally missing the point.
I live to make a game evolve into it's fullest potential, even if that means making it by far too easy.

Think of my ideas as an evolution in structure.

here comes the inevitable attacks... And not even one will at least try to find a way to make the tech balanced - and still give blueprints.

DeletedUser

I really do not know where you think your ideas are evolutionary in terms of radical or emergent gameplay are coming from. From your postings I see nothing that indicates you understand how games are designed, implemented, or balanced to ensure both entertainment and challenge. In fact your entire statement is completely counter to my decades of experience in gaming culture. By nerfing a game you ruin the fun for your most dedicated (and most likely to pay) fans. The fans that fundamentally make this game even possible (To those that pay, thank you!). Further making a game easy does not even remotely relate to it's fullest potential. Potential for what? The potential for you to get ahead surely, but potential for fun? for profit? for challenge? None of those are realized by your proposal. This is why it is being dismissed, and I believe rightfully so.

I do not know what you are thinking, I don't have ESP, but when all of us are telling you that it's not compatible with this game's mechanics, style and play, then you might try listening. Just about every response you're getting is negative here and you're obviously blithely going about your merry way thinking you're persecuted for brilliance when in reality the problem is that you're acting in a societally (this forum and many other places on and off the net) unacceptable manner and it's time you were flat out told so. I tried explaining it nicely in the game forum, but you promptly ignored my advice there.

If you would really like to implement your ideas, please go design your own game, and I wish you all the luck in the world doing so. But please stop trying to implement your design ideas on the game we enjoy here if you are not willing to work within the scope of the system we have and within the established mechanics of the game.

DeletedUser23419

I have nothing better to do, and your words do nothing to change me. They all say I should make my own, but how can I even remotely compete if I cannot even achieve a radical change for a game in the first place? I need surefire evidence in the form of drastically altering the mechanics of another game to know I'm on the right track.

So... I tell you this. It's not me who's the problem - but you for not being able to understand in the first place.

And don't think for a moment that I'm an escapist either.

DeletedUser13838

From a resource perspective. From a time perspective, your talking about building 4 paper mills just to have a constant rate.
It's also expensive for space as well, being more than a potential great building.

Lastly, by the time that tech would become available, you probably already have the great buildings you desire.

It's not about building new GBs but leveling them past 10 where you need a new set every level. Plus GBs and other special buildings produce tons of goods without additional space: 75 paper is peanuts in comparison to what you get in return. But that's not even the biggest problem.

DeletedUser23419

It's not about building new GBs but leveling them past 10 where you need a new set every level. Plus GBs and other special buildings produce tons of goods without additional space: 75 paper is peanuts in comparison to what you get in return. But that's not even the biggest problem.

Somehow, I believe that no cost short of bloody murder can justify gaining CHOSEN blueprints... but I'm all ears if you can find a solution.

DeletedUser10517

I have nothing better to do, and your words do nothing to change me. They all say I should make my own, but how can I even remotely compete if I cannot even achieve a radical change for a game in the first place? I need surefire evidence in the form of drastically altering the mechanics of another game to know I'm on the right track.

So... I tell you this. It's not me who's the problem - but you for not being able to understand in the first place.

And don't think for a moment that I'm an escapist either.

Do you honestly believe that the devs here all "radically changed" other games before they figured they could make their own?
Or the people at Blizzard??

If you were so "creative", with such a "wonderful imagination".......you would make your own game and prove the world how wrong they were.

Instead I believe you enjoying provoking people for the fun of it...........the pity is, the moderation is such here that you can get away with spamming the forums with nonsense.

DeletedUser8152

It seems that the OP question has been answered, and the thread is heading off-topic. I'll close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.