• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Would you stay in a guild like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IngeJones

This sort of thing is exactly why I love this game. The basis is a game with AI rules created by developers. On top of that is a whole game invented and run by the players. I am frequently infuriated and amazed by maneuvers that exploit the game design - perfectly within the terms of use - by player-organised schemes.

Plain Red Justice

then this game would be broken beyond repair. :)
It still isn't? Arc is the best GB, a Chateau is capable of providing free FP and goods directly proportional only to the amount of lifespan the player is willing to sacrifice with absolutely zero risk, Alcatraz literally relies in a game bug to function, Chain trading is capable of transforming 1 (one) good into any amount that the player is capable of for free etc.

It is quite something all the different ways that guilds try to influence the outcome of GbG, especially when the actually outcome (order placement) means so very little in the grand scheme of things. No one has tried the “boycot” approach on the server I currently play. In thinking about it, I don’t think it would matter in the slightest personally. The game is more than the rewards for me. Getting caught up in the idea of “winning” a game with no winner is of greater interest to me. Our guild farms for half the season and then we decide to stop building anything and continue fighting. We don’t bully and we all reap plenty of rewards. There are two guilds that like to try to dominate the map for the entire season; and when they are together they do. When apart they are pushed back, but even when we decide to let go of the map we don’t keep them trapped in. This is just a game; turning into something more than that in your mind is quite unhealthy.

DravenOfTheStars

I for one applaud guild leadership for depriving your bully guild of rewards and fights. To show you what kind of guild the OP belongs to, I was getting in my final fights this AM for rewards and they fortressed a sector so they could have more time to finish it and, thus, kill our flag on the sector I was hitting. Now why I ask would a guild bother to waste diamonds and goods in the final hour of GbG if not to just be vindictive and childishly bullying? Telling and funny if you ask me. I will gladly give up some rewards to deprive you guys of fights and rewards, just saying.

KingAgamemnon

I would beg the question as to which type of cheese you would like with your whine yellow american or swiss ?
I would imagine you will choose yellow american, because if you chose swiss, then we'd be able to see through the holes at all your misconceptions such as you only use siege camps eh rotflmao.
When the person who actually founded your guild quit this game, he took a tad over 8 straight hours to trade his remaining goods to me and I promised to help out new players with the multitude of tens of thousands of goods I received from him. I guess he got fed up with your antics as well, otherwise why else would he prevent your guild from benefitting with his goods?

planetofthehumans2

On L world, all of the "top" guilds are basically lackeys of the "#1" guild. There is a pervasive mentality by these players that if they fall in line everything will work out for them. What actually happens is the #1 guild gobbles up the rewards while the remaining guilds feel cool by association, and their members fall further and further behind. My guild is the highest ranking guild not in the alliance, and we stomp GBG but we can't take control of GVG since it's usually a 10-on-1 fight for us. GBG is nice that it makes alliances far less impactful than they are in GVG. This is why I said above Inno's ranking system is flawed since our world's "top guilds" aren't actually stronger than us, they are manipulating GVG by just casually flipping sectors between each other to keep their prestige higher than it should be.

So the reason is simple: we don't want to be in their club, and they don't like losing. So they are willing to double down on their loss if it can cause us "pain". Ironically, it's backfiring on them. We managed to get the guild in 6th place in this round of GBG to move into 4th place, and they are about to take over 3rd in a few hours. If they commit harder, they will actually be able to finish 2nd, so these 4 guilds may all take a lower placement as well just to cost us some fights.
I'm not even sure how you make some of those conclusions because your guild did gobble up the map and clearly you didn't get the rewards you wanted, that's why you're here crying. The rewards from GBG require guilds to work together to swap sectors. Your guild notoriously does not work with other guilds, so you got no prize and our alliance HQ'ed you. But then you go on to say that alliances are less impactful on GBG? Alliances are the backbone that keeps your guild fueled with fights, swaps every 4 hours for the whole map. I'm not even sure what to say about this GVG nonsense, that should be your strong suit as a lone wolf right? Or are you not able to fight off a few hovers...?

You don't have to be in our club, but you may want to rethink how you treat other guilds like trash in the future.

KingAgamemnon

If you really want to know what's going on, then do your due diligence and get more than one cry biby's point of view, when things do not go as that particular person wanted it to go.

Helmet Bro

If you really want to know what's going on, then do your due diligence and get more than one cry biby's point of view, when things do not go as that particular person wanted it to go.
Oh boy, I just got back to read all this fun stuff. First and foremost, I love how 3 members in the guilds upset about losing show up, say I lied, and everyone just says "oh, well that settles it, OP must be lying because the players he's talking about wouldn't lie." Good logic, 10/10 deductive reasoning.

As far as setting traps or fortresses go, I honestly do not recall us doing that as we see it as a waste of resources since SCs are so much more valuable. But if you say we did it once, then CLEARLY that invalidates my entire claim since allegedly 1 sector once had a trap in it over those 2 weeks.

Lastly, and perhaps my favorite part of this, is the argument that because we took the most sectors we are "bullies". Imagine playing a game to win, and being told that since we don't let other teams win we are the bad guys. You guys defeated your own argument when you made the claim that since we pushed you to your hq that we are mean. You scorned your own guild members because you can't keep up with a much stronger fighting guild, which was my whole point. Flipping sectors is part of the game, and our strategy is designed to maximize member fights while still winning the round. You should try the same strategy rather than refusing to play out of spite.

Oh, and we won the round and got two of the guilds to jump back in since we got the sixth place guild on the verge of taking second with a little cooperation. Inno really needs to trim down the diamond league or make a top tier for the top 8 GBG guilds, it's pretty silly that these guilds can go idle and still say they belong in the same league.

Helmet Bro

I wish I could accept some of the credit for your crying. However, I just got back today. You didn't like getting stuck in the corner when that is what you have done to all 4 of the guilds who decided they had, had enough of your crap. Classic...
I'm confused, are you saying we are mad that after several days of you all being afk you managed to take the map overnight when we stopped watching because we were so far ahead? Also, lol at your premise: "You beat up 4 top guilds by yourselves, so we hurt our own members to teach you a lesson!"

Once again, you are proving my point. We crushed you and your lackeys, so in order to save face you're trying to pretend you "let us win". Your alliance has lost every GBG against us since GBG started, and you guys want to call us bullies because we win these 4 on 1 fights without much hassle. Even on the forums you have warped my question of "do you support guild leaders who spite members due to rivalries with other guilds" into a fight about who the REAL bullies are. If you want to say that we outclass you in GBG so that makes us the bullies, then fine. It still doesn't negate the fact that you are in a guild that was willing to steal from your own members just to deny us a few fights. I think you need to do some reflection on that before responding.

jorgedetaco

This game like a lot of online activity seems a breeding ground for passive aggressive behavior. I usually find the people who get the most angry fall into 4 groups.
#1 angry children
#2 people who never grew up and act like angry children
#3 unhappy fat people with a equally fat spouse who just want everyone miserable like them.
#4 unemployed losers who haven't touched a female in decades and wish to make everyone else unhappy because of it.
At the end of the day you can only be as mad as you let yourself get. If it really makes you feel better spending hours plotting revenge go for it. But odds are that time would be better spent exercising, or otherwise improving your life so you dont have to hold your self worth directly to this game.

jorgedetaco

If its that bad, move on to another guild. Whats easier to change? One thing in your life or do you really think you can bend everybody to your will by complaining?

Kranyar the Mysterious

when someone figures out how to get hover tanks in the Iron Age, I will make a one man diamond league guild for fun. screw siege camps lol
While not getting Hovers in Iron Age itself, that is what I'm in the process of preparing for in my main world in the one way it can be done temporarily. I am preparing to fight in GBG vs Iron Age troops with Hovers. I am going to jump 11 eras in one day to have one unlimited season in GBG. It takes a lot of preparation to jump that far in one go, not just goods and fp, but considering how many levels on your Traz to do very quickly and the fp needed to have onhand (60 levels is optimal, which is why I left my Traz at level 20), how many hovers you plan to produce along with how much space and population that will take, and do you have or need an Inno Tower and how many fp will those levels take, what era to leave what production buildings in (good idea to leave most goods buildings in TE for prior era goods and get attack buildings that increase attack by era into FE, and a lot more.

Last edited:

KingAgamemnon

Oh boy, I just got back to read all this fun stuff. First and foremost, I love how 3 members in the guilds upset about losing show up, say I lied, and everyone just says "oh, well that settles it, OP must be lying because the players he's talking about wouldn't lie." Good logic, 10/10 deductive reasoning.

As far as setting traps or fortresses go, I honestly do not recall us doing that as we see it as a waste of resources since SCs are so much more valuable. But if you say we did it once, then CLEARLY that invalidates my entire claim since allegedly 1 sector once had a trap in it over those 2 weeks.

Lastly, and perhaps my favorite part of this, is the argument that because we took the most sectors we are "bullies". Imagine playing a game to win, and being told that since we don't let other teams win we are the bad guys. You guys defeated your own argument when you made the claim that since we pushed you to your hq that we are mean. You scorned your own guild members because you can't keep up with a much stronger fighting guild, which was my whole point. Flipping sectors is part of the game, and our strategy is designed to maximize member fights while still winning the round. You should try the same strategy rather than refusing to play out of spite.

Oh, and we won the round and got two of the guilds to jump back in since we got the sixth place guild on the verge of taking second with a little cooperation. Inno really needs to trim down the diamond league or make a top tier for the top 8 GBG guilds, it's pretty silly that these guilds can go idle and still say they belong in the same league.
You can spin your words any which way that you wish; Unfortunately, just because you claim anything is the way you say it went down, doesn't actually make it true! I am done with your antics. What you and your cohorts did to those guilds, where you all infiltrated and used up their goods supply, then leaving to do so again with another guild. Pathetic behavior of selfish players. You are welcomed to come and explain your point face to face, if you feel uppity enough!!!

Turkshead

GbG is one of the few aspects of the game with seriously scaling rewards. I like that the game still has an aspect that hasn't fully devolved into Farmville. Sure the strategy isn't really tough to manage, and thankfully the map resets every couple weeks, so the fighting mix changes up quite a bit. Personally, I was glad to see the four guilds retire from the fight for a few days. It gave an anticipation and knowing we'd have a chance to meet a challenge that we all saw coming was a great change of pace.

It's unfortunate that the rewards are so strong in gbg that the calcified guilds are suffering while the hungry guilds are building inventories of goods, diamonds, and attack% much faster than they use them. The guild power differential is splitting VERY VERY quickly and only a tiny number of guilds on any given server are getting stronger.

The Pareto principle is playing out very much in real time. I know 3 guilds on our server (4 could be a stretch) that could compete with each other but the diamond league is so deflated that we have 1/2 to 3/4 of the guilds on any given map completely non competitive.

It's really time to get cross server fights going. Increase those rewards and let the best 2 or 3 guilds on each server get into real fights. Our guild is building in power too fast and the recruitment backlog is getting out of hand as tiny handful of guilds are seen as the place to get the free rewards..

make the game more fair for the players and let the top bgb guilds face off an have to EARN what comes way too easily...

Sheriff Of Rottingham

It still isn't? Arc is the best GB, a Chateau is capable of providing free FP and goods directly proportional only to the amount of lifespan the player is willing to sacrifice with absolutely zero risk, Alcatraz literally relies in a game bug to function, Chain trading is capable of transforming 1 (one) good into any amount that the player is capable of for free etc.
What about the Arc being best makes the game broken? You level it up, it gives you a reward. What about the Chateau giving free items that scale on how much you put into it is game breaking, and why do rewards have to be accompanied by risk? Alcatraz isn't reliant on a game bug. Chain trading is only capable of what you say if you have hundreds of unfair trades accepted by others. That doesn't make it broken.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

To the point on bullying by "winning", I would say simply winning isn't bullying. Now say for example, you have guaranteed a position, and could fight another guild, also with guaranteed position for fights, but instead repeatedly beat down a guild with only 1 province and block them in. That would be bullying, as it doesn't help you win, it only hurts others. I'm not saying you anyone did that, only that it would be an example of bullying in GBG.

Status
Not open for further replies.