• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wow! Just wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Be Chuille

I'll check it out but I still think claiming it's "rampant" is a bit much. I also have not seen anything I'd call real evidence of this type of cheating in 5 years of GvG/GE or the 3 years BG has been available to warrant any real suspicion on my part that it's 'more' prevalent than 'not.'
Cheating in Houndsmoor is indeed rampant. The main type of cheating is people with many alternate accounts. There is one guy who everyone knows has tons of alt accounts, and he uses them to create lots of ghost guilds, and uses them to cheat in GvG, as well as to harass, intimidate and spy. He is not the only one.

There are a few guilds that seem to use scripts. Players have said that when at least one guild places a siege, attempts to break the sieges result in a frozen screen that requires a refresh. I have experienced this as well.

I am so disgusted with how this is allowed to go on, that I am starting to not have fun in this game.

85gt

Cheating in Houndsmoor is indeed rampant. The main type of cheating is people with many alternate accounts. There is one guy who everyone knows has tons of alt accounts, and he uses them to create lots of ghost guilds, and uses them to cheat in GvG, as well as to harass, intimidate and spy. He is not the only one.

There are a few guilds that seem to use scripts. Players have said that when at least one guild places a siege, attempts to break the sieges result in a frozen screen that requires a refresh. I have experienced this as well.

I am so disgusted with how this is allowed to go on, that I am starting to not have fun in this game.
Same in B world, many Alt accounts from guild members that quit the game and gave account to guild, it is much better to use the script on an alt than always on your main player, we see this all the time

Mor-Rioghain

Cheating in Houndsmoor is indeed rampant. The main type of cheating is people with many alternate accounts.
I never said cheating wasn't rampant and I certainly wasn't referring to the running of or use of push accounts when I did say that the use of script-writers and other ways to emulate the clicks (counters), I said that it wasn't as rampant as some would have us believe. For this type of cheating (push accounts) I would suspect that there is a lot more of that going on than the use of data capture, enhancement, and manipulation software but it still wouldn't qualify as the empirical evidence I've been suggesting throughout my comments. Please do not take one small fraction of what I say taken completely out of context and then use it to illustrate your own point. My entire point has been on one theme and one theme only: the more that people cloud the issue(s) with half-baked assumptions and limit their scope of what "can" and "cannot" be done by a human hand just creates an atmosphere that is not at all inclined to deal with the actual issue and could even prevent those who do investigate it to waste valuable time tracking down a bunch of rumors and feelings.

Let the developers see the clear and tracked evidence of your suspicions and let them investigate. If in fact they've not satisfied due diligence in their investigations and endeavored (or stopped) to ameliate such actions, then take it to the next level. Creating an atmosphere of paranoia and fear amongst people never solves any problems and almost always causes more up to and including the masking of the problem itself or others like it.

I don't have any insider information on the issue nor do I consider myself well-versed in either corporate espionage or computer hacking but what I do know as a well-informed consumer and having spent the better part of four decades as a small business owner is this: no for-profit company is going to sit on the sidelines while their valued customers are cheated by those who spend nothing or next to it to obtain the same product or services. It's not in their best interests to do so. They know full well that the perception of and even the reality of fairness and equitable distribution of real and instransient rewards are inherently based in good and fair business practices. They are not going to risk their current stability nor their future growth on such intransient issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.