• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wow! Just wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

85gt

You are only thinking about the typical D1K guild that you are probably accustomed to. One with lots of players sharing the limited number of available battles. Instead, consider a very small guild, perhaps 6 players only one of which does any fighting. This player could get to 4000 daily battles by swapping only 5 sectors 4 times a day. No cheating required. The player that @blueskydwg referred to is in such a guild.
The top person in B world gets up to 6000 fights a day and is in a guild with 53 other fighters, those fighters don`t get near his total because he hogs the fights by taking them faster so they have little chance. over 60,000 fights a season is just cheating, and the script always replaces damaged troops so it keeps down the troop losses to reach those totals

Mor-Rioghain

I think some like to say they are not cheating but we know damn well they are, at 4000+ fights a day the person is competing with the other members for those fights, so it would be impossible to get that many more fights per sector than the rest of the guild meaning he would have to fight way faster than all the guild, only 1 way to do that and that's to cheat like crazy, and also the others complain that they don`t get any fights due to the sectors getting done so fast, only by cheating with script. So you can stop protecting your cheating friends
Where is your empirical evidence that they are 'cheating' by the use of script-writers other than your 'feelings' that
we know damn well they are, at 4000+ fights a day the person is competing with the other members for those fights, so it would be impossible to get that many more fights per sector than the rest of the guild meaning he would have to fight way faster than all the guild,
This only indicates that you believe it unlikely, not that it is in fact unlikely.

Oh, I could go on and copy/paste your text and give my 2 cents on how you've not indicated actual cheating but I won't. Nothing that you've stated in any of your posts indicates cheating by using a script-writing bot. Nothing. You have no evidence. Having said that, if you do feel that you could support any individual player's (or players) unsupported acquisition of a # of fights, then by all means please report it to the developer to stop it. I would support that and I highly doubt that any player wouldn't also do the same -- unless they were the ones gaining any advantage by doing it themselves.

No one wants cheaters in a game they play. So use facts or at the very least provide ample empirical evidence that cheating is or could be occuring to provide a gaming environment that continues to afford each player a fair chance at winning. Blustering about impossibilites when they might just be improbabilities doesn't solve the problem, it just clouds the issue of very real cheating.

Pericles the Lion

The top person in B world gets up to 6000 fights a day and is in a guild with 53 other fighters, those fighters don`t get near his total because he hogs the fights by taking them faster so they have little chance. over 60,000 fights a season is just cheating, and the script always replaces damaged troops so it keeps down the troop losses to reach those totals
Do some research before making accusations. The player that you refer to is the #1 fighter in the #1 guild AND he averaged 3,436 battles/day over the past 30 days. Since each 2-wave encounter counts as 2 battles this equates to approximately 34K encounters each GBG season (and this incorrectly assumes that their only battles are GBG). Since a D1K season can be as many as 160K-180K battles, they are not "hogging" the fights. Are they taking the fights "faster"? Probably, which only means that his guildmates need to build their boosts higher.

Mor-Rioghain

and the script always replaces damaged troops so it keeps down the troop losses to reach those totals
You do realize that you can diamond-heal your units? I would suspect that his "magic unit-replacement script writer" is nothing more than an expenditure of diamonds. Good grief, you honestly do not want to face the very real probability that this player (and many like him, perhaps) has just honed his game skills and craft? That he's just better than you or others?

Accusing people of cheating with such wild accusations with no real empirical evidence only clouds the issues of very real attacks on integral and proprietal software. The real bad guys are getting away with it because the developers are too busy putting out brushfires caused by such unsubstantiated, unfounded reports of cheating. Honestly, every single one of these responses is literally becoming wilder and wilder and farther and farther from the truth and that truth might just surprise you in it's similarity to those who'd resort to using script-writers and other bots: some people will stop at virtually nothing to win but very, very few of them will actually break into the code of a software program to do it. It may boggle our minds but they will literally spare no expense to achieve that goal.

You do realize that some of these top BG guilds actually negotiate most of the time? Do you know that there is an actual cap of what the negotiations will cost per turn? It's 300 goods per turn. If you have the goods and the diamonds to buy extra turns and a state-of-the-art system to decrease the lag in negos, you can literally fight so far past any attrition cap that exists that it becomes meaningless. It may seem insane but it's certainly not impossible and I suspect that it's really not all that improbable, either.

some people will stop at virtually nothing to win

Last edited:

85gt

You do realize that you can diamond-heal your units? I would suspect that his "magic unit-replacement script writer" is nothing more than an expenditure of diamonds. Good grief, you honestly do not want to face the very real probability that this player (and many like him, perhaps) has just honed his game skills and craft? That he's just better than you or others?

Accusing people of cheating with such wild accusations with no real empirical evidence only clouds the issues of very real attacks on integral and proprietal software. The real bad guys are getting away with it because the developers are too busy putting out brushfires caused by such unsubstantiated, unfounded reports of cheating. Honestly, every single one of these responses is literally becoming wilder and wilder and farther and farther from the truth and that truth might just surprise you in it's similarity to those who'd resort to using script-writers and other bots: some people will stop at virtually nothing to win but very, very few of them will actually break into the code of a software program to do it. It may boggle our minds but they will literally spare no expense to achieve that goal.

You do realize that some of these top BG guilds actually negotiate most of the time? Do you know that there is an actual cap of what the negotiations will cost per turn? It's 300 goods per turn. If you have the goods and the diamonds to buy extra turns and a state-of-the-art system to decrease the lag in negos, you can literally fight so far past any attrition cap that exists that it becomes meaningless. It may seem insane but it's certainly not impossible and I suspect that it's really not all that improbable, either.

some people will stop at virtually nothing to win
No the script replaces any damaged troops with undamaged, has nothing to do with diamonds, if you have never tested the script then your really in for a surprise, like I said that smart-script was open to try out for a day free or for few hours, I tried it but never bought it so I know just what it does.
Personally after 8 years of playing the game I am 1 of the faster fighters in B world not using a script, this script also nego`s and it can nego you right out of goods but you can easily go past 100 attrition with it and its fast.
Face it the scripts have ruined this game, I played Lost Ark for 4 months and bots everywhere but the game devs put a stop to most of it by perma banning
something Inno just don`t get, they drive the good players out for a few diamond buying script users, the game is totally unplayable in GVG if your not on the side with the script users and I never will be, I too have spent a few $1000 and I hope Inno chokes on it

85gt

Do some research before making accusations. The player that you refer to is the #1 fighter in the #1 guild AND he averaged 3,436 battles/day over the past 30 days. Since each 2-wave encounter counts as 2 battles this equates to approximately 34K encounters each GBG season (and this incorrectly assumes that their only battles are GBG). Since a D1K season can be as many as 160K-180K battles, they are not "hogging" the fights. Are they taking the fights "faster"? Probably, which only means that his guildmates need to build their boosts higher.
2 wave battles are like 2 out of 10 fights, some days he does more than others some seasons he does less but he has had days of over 6k fights and seasons over 63000, you go do some research, and members in that guild have told me that he indeed hogs all the fights, your lost and have no clue as to what is really going on. Cheats always want to make excuses for other cheats

Pericles the Lion

2 wave battles are like 2 out of 10 fights, some days he does more than others some seasons he does less but he has had days of over 6k fights and seasons over 63000, you go do some research, and members in that guild have told me that he indeed hogs all the fights, your lost and have no clue as to what is really going on. Cheats always want to make excuses for other cheats
I'm not making excuses. I'm defending a player that you are accusing of cheating without any empirical evidence.
No the script replaces any damaged troops with undamaged, has nothing to do with diamonds, if you have never tested the script then your really in for a surprise, like I said that smart-script was open to try out for a day free or for few hours, I tried it but never bought it so I know just what it does.
You claim that one player is cheating and imply that I do. One thing is for certain, by your own admission, at some point in time you were cheating.

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

At your suggestion I did some research. I took a look at your guild's battle statistics for the dates of the most recent GBG season. Granted, the accessible data includes battles from all arenas. Regardless, in your 56 member guild, I identified 2 members with 7K battles, 1 with 5K, and 52 with fewer than 1K (many near zero). Meanwhile, you managed to accumulate a total of almost 19K. Who's "hogging" fights?

85gt

At your suggestion I did some research. I took a look at your guild's battle statistics for the dates of the most recent GBG season. Granted, the accessible data includes battles from all arenas. Regardless, in your 56 member guild, I identified 2 members with 7K battles, 1 with 5K, and 52 with fewer than 1K (many near zero). Meanwhile, you managed to accumulate a total of almost 19K. Who's "hogging" fights?
Not hogging, was left up to me to close sectors because no one was on and other guild was waiting for us to close sectors.
Not saying your cheating, I am saying many do and I know many of the ones that are, I know members in the other guilds that feed me info and I know how the script works so it makes it easily recognizable
And I had 9k fights nowhere near 19k.
YouTube has much info on the cheating going on in this game, its real and you seem to like to come up with silly excuses for those using scripts

Pericles the Lion

Not hogging, was left up to me to close sectors because no one was on and other guild was waiting for us to close sectors.
Makes sense. It could also explain why any other player gets a lot more fights than their guild mates.
Not saying your cheating, I am saying many do and I know many of the ones that are, I know members in the other guilds that feed me info and I know how the script works so it makes it easily recognizable
What's there to "recognize" when it comes to GBG? AFAIK, only people in the same guild can observe what another player is doing in GBG (and only their battle count and an approximate amount of time needed for those encounters). Why would you accept the testimony of a player ratting on one of his guildmates? If I was convinced that a member of my guild was cheating (in any manner) I'd report it to leadership and, if no action was taken I'd leave the guild.
12/22 706K battles 1/2 725K battles 19K difference
YouTube has much info on the cheating going on in this game, its real and you seem to like to come up with silly excuses for those using scripts
Oh, it's on the Internet. Must be true! :cool:

I've never said that there is no cheating in the game. Water is wet, the sky is blue, some humans will cheat if they think that it is in their interest to do so (e.g. try banned scripts). There probably is cheating going on but I don't think that it is as rampant as some players make it out to be and, unless presented with incontrovertible evidence of cheating (which has not been done) I believe in the presumption of innocence.

Sharmon the Impaler

You're not hogging fights you are playing the game the way it was meant to be played. Someone doing the GBG overnight , especially over any holidays gets a massive amount of fights over the day crew in many cases.

Mor-Rioghain

And I never stated that it didn't exist only that it's improbable that it's as prevalent as you seem to think since you haven't yet offered one single piece of empirical evidence to suggest otherwise other than your self-admitted minor exposure to such script-writers and your 'gut.' You've simply applied 'possible' to situations that can be deemed 'improbable,' to wit, you can't see yourself (or your friends/guildies) acquiring such numbers or speeds of fights, so you presume cheating simply because you and they would have to cheat to achieve the same results?

That's not evidence, that's pure blandishment.
Face it the scripts have ruined this game,
Only in your opinion, it would seem. Again, where's your evidence?

(To my way of thinking I've simply applied myself to becoming a better and faster fighter and found more enjoyment out of a game that was becoming rote and boring. I want to achieve more and become better than them. I don't see their accomplishments as denying me anything but only serve to challenge me.)
something Inno just don`t get, they drive the good players out for a few diamond buying script users,
Honestly, this statement is just preposterous! Are you suggesting that the developers are ignoring the use of script writers sold by an outside source? Or that they are somehow subsidizing such programs through a third-party entity? Your language is muddy at best and your intent is unclear. I can certainly see no boon to a developer for ignoring someone who defeats their system. It's in their best interests to put a stop to this type of problem.

And what exactly is your definition of a "good" player?

You bandy terms like fair, good, cheat, and other such terms as if they are objectively definable but they are subjective terms and open to interpretation based on context. You've provided no measure or context other than your own feelings on the issue. The continue use of such alarmist techniquest in affecting change only serves to cloud the very real issue that 'cheating' is occuring. And by cheating, I'm going to borrow a page straight out of their handbook:

Bots and scripts​

It is strictly forbidden to use bots or scripts.

• Examples:
  • It is strictly forbidden to use bots or scripts that automatically collect your resources.
  • It is not allowed to use click-bots or scripts that minimize your manual clicks.
  • You may not use programs that mimic premium features or provide an unfair advantage.

Where exactly is your evidence that any of these rules has been broken? Where?

By all means, bring attention to those you perceive to be using such a device but at least admit one thing - it's a perception, not fact. Your feelings on the issue are immaterial and counter-productive to ending such abuse.

Dursland

imgur.com/t/forge_of_empires
(wouldn't let me direct link)

Some guy posts a lot of video captures of 'botting' and posts them to imgur under the FoE tag, there's a few. I've watched them, it doesn't look human to me.

Mor-Rioghain

imgur.com/t/forge_of_empires
(wouldn't let me direct link)

Some guy posts a lot of video captures of 'botting' and posts them to imgur under the FoE tag, there's a few. I've watched them, it doesn't look human to me.
I'll check it out but I still think claiming it's "rampant" is a bit much. I also have not seen anything I'd call real evidence of this type of cheating in 5 years of GvG/GE or the 3 years BG has been available to warrant any real suspicion on my part that it's 'more' prevalent than 'not.'

When the chips are down I think what's going on here is that people see something that they can't or won't do and call it cheating. By definition that may not appeal to our sense of 'fair play' but it's not actually cheating so why should the developers take it into consideration? It's not violating their proprietal software or it's protections so their clients aren't actually being cheated by anyone/thing. The people who have utilized their choices to increase their speed through the legitimate gaming mechanics in place and/or expenditure of in-game purchases such as diamond-healing are only taking full advantage of their resources and it's unfair to call them 'cheaters' for doing so. Likening them to those who would use outside script-writers to emulate the game mechanic is counter-productive to stopping the real abuse of the system. It may seem "inhuman" but it's not impossible in most of these cases.

Where do you even go to put in 1000+ fights a day? My gbg usually gives me few hundred on a good season. Than hit your neighborhood, again not too hard because some people are very very sensitive that’s like 80 fights. Pvp arena depends on your medal count but I can’t imagine more than a hundred a day. What am I missing?

Pericles the Lion

Where do you even go to put in 1000+ fights a day? My gbg usually gives me few hundred on a good season. Than hit your neighborhood, again not too hard because some people are very very sensitive that’s like 80 fights. Pvp arena depends on your medal count but I can’t imagine more than a hundred a day. What am I missing?
With high attacking army boosts (1500+/1000+) and membership in a GBG intensive Diamond League guild, 1000 battles per day from GBG is not difficult for a determined player.

Mor-Rioghain

As @Pericles the Lion stated, these numbers are very doable in a dedicated Diamond League BG guild but a lot of fights are there to be had in a dedicated GvG guild with regularly scheduled fights w/other guilds or even recalc, if your guild holds land. Each hex has a possible 80 fights per slot, so with all 8 filled, that's 80 battles per hex. You can figure out the math based on how many hexes your guild owns/acquires, but that's a real boost to the fights to be obtained in PvP, GE, and BG. 1K a day is more than doable. (The truth is that I've even seen some pretty impressive numbers out of Platinum and even Gold League BG guilds -- it just takes a coordinated effort on the part of the guild to provide enough fight possibilities in terms of planning sector openings).

85gt

And I never stated that it didn't exist only that it's improbable that it's as prevalent as you seem to think since you haven't yet offered one single piece of empirical evidence to suggest otherwise other than your self-admitted minor exposure to such script-writers and your 'gut.' You've simply applied 'possible' to situations that can be deemed 'improbable,' to wit, you can't see yourself (or your friends/guildies) acquiring such numbers or speeds of fights, so you presume cheating simply because you and they would have to cheat to achieve the same results?

That's not evidence, that's pure blandishment.

(To my way of thinking I've simply applied myself to becoming a better and faster fighter and found more enjoyment out of a game that was becoming rote and boring. I want to achieve more and become better than them. I don't see their accomplishments as denying me anything but only serve to challenge me.)

Honestly, this statement is just preposterous! Are you suggesting that the developers are ignoring the use of script writers sold by an outside source? Or that they are somehow subsidizing such programs through a third-party entity? Your language is muddy at best and your intent is unclear. I can certainly see no boon to a developer for ignoring someone who defeats their system. It's in their best interests to put a stop to this type of problem.

And what exactly is your definition of a "good" player?

You bandy terms like fair, good, cheat, and other such terms as if they are objectively definable but they are subjective terms and open to interpretation based on context. You've provided no measure or context other than your own feelings on the issue. The continue use of such alarmist techniquest in affecting change only serves to cloud the very real issue that 'cheating' is occuring. And by cheating, I'm going to borrow a page straight out of their handbook:

Bots and scripts​

It is strictly forbidden to use bots or scripts.

• Examples:
  • It is strictly forbidden to use bots or scripts that automatically collect your resources.
  • It is not allowed to use click-bots or scripts that minimize your manual clicks.
  • You may not use programs that mimic premium features or provide an unfair advantage.

Where exactly is your evidence that any of these rules has been broken? Where?

By all means, bring attention to those you perceive to be using such a device but at least admit one thing - it's a perception, not fact. Your feelings on the issue are immaterial and counter-productive to ending such abuse.
Your out of touch with what is really going on, there are bans handed out often just not often enough or near long enough for scripting.
Inno knows of the problem they had the script selling site shut down called Foe smart scripts and to this day it shows delisted, BUT the Russian dude that made it still sends out updates to those that bought it each time after Inno changes code to catch it.
Some of the latest bans have been over a month long, B world (firefly and Mike3) and many many more, all these bans are same group of guilds

85gt

You're not hogging fights you are playing the game the way it was meant to be played. Someone doing the GBG overnight , especially over any holidays gets a massive amount of fights over the day crew in many cases.
So your assuming he fights at night, He fights day and GVG at reset 8pm his time, the others in the guild would not complain if it was when they were not on, some members have called him out and got kicked others just leave go to another guild.

Status
Not open for further replies.