• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Age-old GBG still unfixed!

Disgruntled Veteran

Yeah, that's how it works in top guilds. No obligations to perform whatsoever. Just show up every now and again to reap the benefits. You should try it sometime. ;)

What world are you guys referring to??? The top guilds in Angkor frequently kick people out for not meeting the requirements. Heck there’s at least one that’s explicitly states that having a minimum requirements mindset will get people kicked.

Just want to say that I fully get and appreciate your sarcasm! :D

jaymoney23456

What world are you guys referring to??? The top guilds in Angkor frequently kick people out for not meeting the requirements. Heck there’s at least one that’s explicitly states that having a minimum requirements mindset will get people kicked.

Just want to say that I fully get and appreciate your sarcasm! :D
Not talking about meeting requirements. Even if a guild had a requirement of 1000 fights per GbG season a player with a good city could meet that without much effort. I mean the ones with very strong cities that just skate along in such a manner and them claim that GbG is great because they don't have to do hardly anything that requires much effort.

Disgruntled Veteran

Not talking about meeting requirements. Even if a guild had a requirement of 1000 fights per GbG season a player with a good city could meet that without much effort. I mean the ones with very strong cities that just skate along in such a manner and them claim that GbG is great because they don't have to do hardly anything that requires much effort.
Maybe it’s just me, but obligations sounds a lot like requirements, lol

But you guys keep having fun!

WillyTwoShoes

I hate to break it to you, but you may want to observe things more closely, since GBG "shuts down" for 3 days.

You are of course correct and I thank you for pointing it out.

That gives me the opportunity to observe that every 11 days the GBG venue shuts down for a period of 3 days leaving around 75 days a year in which the GBG venue is routinely available for the maintenance of identified issues as described in the original post.
:)

Pericles the Lion

You are of course correct and I thank you for pointing it out.

That gives me the opportunity to observe that every 11 days the GBG venue shuts down for a period of 3 days leaving around 75 days a year in which the GBG venue is routinely available for the maintenance of identified issues as described in the original post.
If you were paying the bills, how much would you spend to correct what seems to be a very elusive problem that affects only a very small percentage of players?

In economic context, resolving this glitch involves very concentrated costs in exchange for very diffuse (if any) benefit.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

I'd like to point out that GBG runs for 11 days then shuts down for 4. For the record I haven't complained about anything in this thread I simply made a couple of observations.
For the record, yes you have. Trying to rename your complaints as "observations" fools no one. And the point about shutting GBG down until this minor glitch gets fixed was in reference to your "observation" complaining about them "allowing broken code to exist". If you don't think they should allow broken code to exist, then the solution would be to shut GBG down until it is fixed. The fact that GBG is not active 3 days out of 14 is irrelevant to that point. Or are you okay with them working on this glitch for 3 days at a time and allowing the "broken code to exist" for the other 11?
I do have enough savvy to recognize that no glitch no matter how rare has a "minor" effect in any well constructed program.
Stating your opinion as if it were a fact also fools no one.
For the sake of discussion however lets say that this glitch is rare and has a minor effect on the overall GBG experience. To paraphrase "with something that rarely happens and has no obvious cause, not being able to replicate it means.... " is not something that inspires confidence in any product I choose to make use of.
Then don't make use of it. If you don't have confidence in GBG because of this minor glitch (that you've never actually encountered), then by all means don't play it.

WillyTwoShoes

Its occurs to me that if many of respondents to this thread were as tenacious in picking apart and misrepresenting my comments in this thread as they were about getting Inno to fix a glitch that has apparently existed for some time... this thread would have never started.

Pericles the Lion

Its occurs to me that if many of respondents to this thread were as tenacious in picking apart and misrepresenting my comments in this thread as they were about getting Inno to fix a glitch that has apparently existed for some time... this thread would have never started.

I can't speak for anyone else but I am way more tenacious at picking apart and misrepresenting your comments than I am at trying to get INNO to fix anything. :cool:

The Lady Redneck

The lead programmer with all the ideas for GVG died , the revenue didn't dry up.
I know. I remember seeing one of the videos Anwar did on monetizing computer games (Not just FoE) And the importance of doing so in ways that would encourage players and not alienate them. It might be a good idea if the present staff were to dig it out and follow his advice.

Last edited:

TotalTrash

You got it all wrong - GBG isn't great for top players at all. It has become utterly boring!

We have 1000 fight requirement, and I meet that just after the first reset. But herein lies the problem: I go from 0 to 100 attrition in about 15 minutes. Half an hour after reset, I'm maxed out for the day, and I don't even have to look at the map anymore because I cannot help (I do look at the map because I run GBG for my guild, but all I can do is yell at guildmates).

So the rest of the day, I can only do tedious, boring and repetitive settlements/QI which have absolutely nothing to do with military strategy - remember, Inno advertises this game as such! Tell me, what is my incentive to play? Why should I pay money for a buggy, mismanaged product that is falsely advertised?

TotalTrash

So you average more than one fight every two seconds for 15 minutes straight?
Actually, at 5ms latency I can do 1 fight every 1.2 seconds, but there is a small delay if I have to exchange units. That's about the limit that the game mechanics permit without violating the Terms of Service (aka bot use). And yes, I can do that for 15 minutes straight.

My point was that GBG doesn't offer much for players like me anymore because we are maxed out for the day in a very short time (naturally, the individual numbers may vary from player to player). For the rest of the day, we are stuck doing boring, repetitive tasks that do not qualify as military strategy by any stretch of the imagination!