• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Quantum Incursions

TotalTrash

Inno makes the rules that follow logic.

Do they? After YEARS of indicating happiness drain by red, negative numbers, Inno suddenly abandons the long-established convention in QI.
Logic? I call it incompetence because I would bet real money that they simply forgot about the format they have been using all this time. I would also bet real money that if we had red, negative happiness numbers on these decorations right now, nobody would be confused or angry about it.

jaymoney23456

The fact is if it was not taken away immediately, then someone could build a dozen items, and discover later that none ever completed because the Happiness when they would pop was no longer within parameters. (UE below zero) So it has to be taken when the building is selected/[planted.
What you want is to argue by definition. Inno makes the rules that follow logic.. You can argue about all of it. It makes zero difference
Inno follows logic? Lets examine that for a bit. We have a building called cappy's winter holiday spa that somehow makes citizens so angry that it loses nearly 20k happiness in SAAB. A building called house of the wulf (basically a haloween themed funhouse manages to make nearly 1k citizens angry and to also house over 4,000 of them. A magical winter snowglobe is so hated that it makes nearly 30,000 residents very mad. An orrery somehow houses over 5000 citizens even though it is simply a model of the solar system. The designers of space artillery are apparently so incompetent as to built a weapon that cannot target flying units. I could go on but Inno's game design is often anything but logical. Conversely, having a statue or a pillar or an aquaduct provide happiness was logical. If they wanted to make something that gives attack boost but subtracts happiness they could at least come up with something where it would make sense for it to do so. Perhaps something that causes disease -maybe a rotting corpse or somesuch.

Sharmon the Impaler

Yet, some players try to argue on the forum that its clear that the decorations take away happiness based on how they trickily put the happy face and amt of happiness in the cost of the decoration. Also, makes no sense that the happiness is subtracted right away but the extra attack you have to wait for the decoration to be built before you get. Never seen any kind of building give the stat it produces before the thing is built lol
Except every single Quest and Daily quest instantly giving you the credit for building it. Wow , you really should be banned from the forums for constantly spouting this one man crusade against Inno.

I have to admit I was wrong in my judgment regarding QI. I got off to a bad start because I didn't set my city up correctly, but after a couple of days of correcting my errors, I finally got things set so that I could make some progress. Once I did that, it went a lot more smoothly. I'm not saying everything is perfect, but it's not nearly the disaster I thought it was. IMO, it's definitely better than GvG was. Now the biggest limitation on my progress is no longer a lack of resources, but running out of quantum actions, which is a good thing. Maybe I'll learn from this and not be so hasty in my judgment the next time there's a change. Or maybe I'll just overreact again and have to come back and admit I was wrong again. Wouldn't be the first, or even second, time.

Yet, some players try to argue on the forum that its clear that the decorations take away happiness based on how they trickily put the happy face and amt of happiness in the cost of the decoration. Also, makes no sense that the happiness is subtracted right away but the extra attack you have to wait for the decoration to be built before you get. Never seen any kind of building give the stat it produces before the thing is built lol
Costs of construction of any building have always been deducted as soon as you place it, no matter how long it takes to finish construction. Maybe that's why they made the euphoria penalty a cost instead of an attribute signified by the mad face and red negative number. Maybe they wanted the euphoria to be deducted immediately so you could not construct one if you didn't have enough. I got caught by this too, by the way, and was very irritated by it, but I can see at least some logic behind it, even though I would have done it differently. It's definitely not clear on first look, although you could figure it out if you were on the lookout for a curveball like this.

UP ONLINE

29th will be clean up your friends list day - from all the people who quit over GvG leaving and those who hated QI. By 29th they will be 7 days inactive.

On another note I'm personally looking forward to this. Heard it wasn't much fun but I'm down for more rewards.
it's better than GBG just mind less switching out troops And repeat

jaymoney23456

I know the QI is new is the +recharge cycle fixed numbers don't change 5000 in 59 m
after adding extra villa's still the same
Is that something they need to work on to FIX?
I wonder if they are added at odd times or something. I don't keep track of what is added overnight. I do know that I haven't seen them added at hourly intervals or even when I collect the coins from the houses.

e2m2

I know the QI is new is the +recharge cycle fixed numbers don't change 5000 in 59 m
You do get extra Action points from residential buildings every hour, but the counter doesn't auto-update - seems to be a bug. If you reload the game in your browser, you will see the correct number of Action points.

When I mouse over the quantum actions counter it says I am getting 5000 actions in X minutes no matter how much of a bonus I am supposed to be getting, but when the time expires and I actually get the actions, it looks like I am getting the bonus. After I receive them, they do show up on the counter as available to use, they are just not showing up when I check to see how many I am getting at the next recharge.

Halfway through the season, I see a lot of players not getting very far. and with the QI town vanishing end of every eleven day season, I bet fewer and fewer medium players will bother as time goes on. The top Guild players will still like it some. It is also very hard on smaller Guilds
To make it even reasonably interesting for most players, Inno needs to cut the in town building costs across the board 50%. Leaving the rewards as they are now. Remove the negative happy from the decorations.
And let the QI town remain functional for at least three of the six seasons to end of series. So only two from scratch towns need to be built in a series. I believe those changes would really help make QI a bit more reasonable.
And another nice touch would be introducing Event buildings with good amounts of QI fighting boosts in the next few Events.
If Inno does not make it easier to play? I think QI will be mostly ghost towns.
Several of your suggestions make sense. On letting the town last through multiple seasons, I'm not sure that would add much. The way it is, it takes about 3-4 days to get your production up to the point where your resources are outpacing your quantum actions regeneration. Once you reach that level of production, there isn't much benefit in continuing to develop more because you won't have enough quantum actions to use the additional resources,. About the only thing you could do with them is build more residential buildings and/or decorations (along with the necessary cultural buildings to keep your euphoria ratio at 2:1) to speed up your quantum action regeneration and/or improve your fighting bonuses. I guess you could make more progress and get better rewards, though, so I wouldn't complain if it happened. Maybe they could let you keep your city for three seasons as you mention, but not give any new starting resources at the beginning of each season?

captain987

With only 3 days left has any guild gotten to level 9/10?
The first place QI guild on Jaims is spending like crazy and over 16K progress at the moment. I'm not sure about the exact numbers for each level, but I think it's safe to say they probably are. Similarly, the first place guild on East Nagach is close to 17K progress, but I don't know how much they're spending.

Last edited:

frrrosty

So the cycle is so short, and supply building has a 10 HOUR CYCLE!!!!!!!!! That gives me enough time to do exactly SQUAT. And they expect players to spend real-world dollars on a bogus "QUANTUM PASS"??????? Dream on, Inno.

Loren1979

Does anyone have any info on the Select Incursion Difficulty screen? I am referring to the "Complete this difficulty to have a chance to win these rewards" and the "Recommended 74/10, etc"

planetofthehumans2

Now I have hit the point where I don't make enough quantum points to be able to utilize all of the troops I can make. This sucks! Hit one wall not be able to do anything on the map because of the city just to hit the other wall of not being able to do anything because of the map.