• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for St. Patrick's Event 2024

jaymoney23456

Kindof. The time skip is not really a time skip. So your fireworks don't actually produce 2 hours of fireworks.

But you do get credit for 2 hours of fireworks for your task (though some people suggested earlier it might not really give you the full 2 hours even, but it does give you "some" credit).

But if for instance those fireworks were supposed to be building you a stockpile to be transported in a later step over those 2 hours, they won't with "time skip".
The time skip certainly does give 2 hours progress on all of the shamrock factories, the ship and the festival. If you think otherwise show some evidence.

Sharmon the Impaler

The time skip certainly does give 2 hours progress on all of the shamrock factories, the ship and the festival. If you think otherwise show some evidence.
You always talk without knowing what you are saying there bud ? There are no shamrock factories and never was in this game. You are the one who needs to show evidence of these nonexistent factories.

jaymoney23456

You always talk without knowing what you are saying there bud ? There are no shamrock factories and never was in this game. You are the one who needs to show evidence of these nonexistent factories.
All the factories product shamrocks. I guess arguing minutiae is more important than not looking like a douche.

xivarmy

I haven't tracked the progress bars for factories. It's done enough for what I needed when I've used it - but that doesn't mean it did what it was supposed to. But somewhere earlier on someone was claiming they didn't get 2 hours worth.

But for the not actually getting 2 hours, that's *really* simple to show.

Before:

1710369629327.png

After:

1710369689730.png

My factory stockpile is in general increasing, my festival stockpile is in general decreasing with these managers. And yet, the time skip did not change the stockpiles, because it doesn't actually advance time by 2 hours. It just gives you the shamrocks it says it will and advances the progress bars by some amount (can't say how much from this case because I needed way less than 2 hours of production to finish that fireworks task).

jaymoney23456

I haven't tracked the progress bars for factories. It's done enough for what I needed when I've used it - but that doesn't mean it did what it was supposed to. But somewhere earlier on someone was claiming they didn't get 2 hours worth.

But for the not actually getting 2 hours, that's *really* simple to show.

Before:

View attachment 21328

After:

View attachment 21329

My factory stockpile is in general increasing, my festival stockpile is in general decreasing with these managers. And yet, the time skip did not change the stockpiles, because it doesn't actually advance time by 2 hours. It just gives you the shamrocks it says it will and advances the progress bars by some amount (can't say how much from this case because I needed way less than 2 hours of production to finish that fireworks task).
Not sure there is a difference as long as it gives you shamrocks equal to what you normally get with everything at a certain level but interesting nonetheless.

xivarmy

Not sure there is a difference as long as it gives you shamrocks equal to what you normally get with everything at a certain level but interesting nonetheless.
There can be a difference. i.e. in this case i didn't actually get 2 hours of shamrocks, i got 2 hours worth of shipping of shamrocks as that's the lowest number with my current managers (fest 4, ship 3). So if I had enough stockpile that it wouldn't drain before I get to 8.4Q, then the 2 hr time skip didn't actually cut off 2 hours for me - rather ~1.6 hrs. (and that's probably now the case - i haven't done the math on how long til my festival stockpile runs out here but I don't have that far to go and it's not like my shipping is *half* of my festival production or anything extreme like that).

Johnny B. Goode

There can be a difference. i.e. in this case i didn't actually get 2 hours of shamrocks, i got 2 hours worth of shipping of shamrocks as that's the lowest number with my current managers (fest 4, ship 3). So if I had enough stockpile that it wouldn't drain before I get to 8.4Q, then the 2 hr time skip didn't actually cut off 2 hours for me - rather ~1.6 hrs. (and that's probably now the case - i haven't done the math on how long til my festival stockpile runs out here but I don't have that far to go and it's not like my shipping is *half* of my festival production or anything extreme like that).
Technically speaking, it gives you two hours worth at the current festival/shipping/factories/managers levels. If you use a time skip when the factories/shipping isn't keeping the festival amply supplied, you're still getting two hours worth of results, even if you would have gotten more if you had actually stayed on and babysat the game. So it doesn't give you less than two hours worth of productions, it just gives you less than if you actively managed the game for those two hours. You're comparing time skip with active management, but you can't have it both ways.

xivarmy

Technically speaking, it gives you two hours worth at the current festival/shipping/factories/managers levels. If you use a time skip when the factories/shipping isn't keeping the festival amply supplied, you're still getting two hours worth of results, even if you would have gotten more if you had actually stayed on and babysat the game. So it doesn't give you less than two hours worth of productions, it just gives you less than if you actively managed the game for those two hours. You're comparing time skip with active management, but you can't have it both ways.
No. I'm comparing time skip with leaving the game and coming back 2 hours later.

The active management happened before that window to build the stockpile in an earlier step.

It gives you 2 hours of the lowest of festival, shipping, or factory. But if the current state of your game is such that the lowest current one is buffered by a stockpile from an earlier step (in the screenshots above, stuff waiting for the festival because i took shipyard to 300 before festival with these managers), it gives you less than 2 hours - unless you'd still drain that stockpile anyways and be limited by your lowest current production before you're done anyways.

Sharmon the Impaler

where do the shamrocks come from then if not from the factories? I guess they just spring up out of holes in the ground lol
They are probably symbolic of the happiness coming from the festival which is the place where they are generated after receiving supplies from the factories. Hats , drinks, cake , firecrackers , flowers , etc. Notice that shamrocks are the only item where you "collect" them. All the other items the tasks say "generate". That's the dead give away there.

Johnny B. Goode

No. I'm comparing time skip with leaving the game and coming back 2 hours later.
That's what time skip is. Literally.
The active management happened before that window to build the stockpile in an earlier step.
Yes, active management happens before the time skip. This isn't an argument, it's just stating facts that are self-evident and do nothing to advance your case or mine. Active management does not happen within the 2 hour Time Skip. That's the point you're dancing around.
It gives you 2 hours of the lowest of festival, shipping, or factory. But if the current state of your game is such that the lowest current one is buffered by a stockpile from an earlier step (in the screenshots above, stuff waiting for the festival because i took shipyard to 300 before festival with these managers), it gives you less than 2 hours - unless you'd still drain that stockpile anyways and be limited by your lowest current production before you're done anyways.
Your first sentence is correct, but that's exactly what I've been saying. If your factories and shipping are at sufficient levels to keep the festival fully supplied, then the Shamrock total will be what the Festival will process in two hours. If the factories are at sufficient levels, but the shipping is not, then the Shamrock total will reflect what will ship in two hours. If the shipping is at sufficient level, but the factories are not, then the Shamrock total will reflect what the factories produced in two hours.

The "stockpile" you keep referring to is, I assume, what has been collected from the factories and is waiting for shipment to the Festival. If the factories are at sufficient levels to fully load the ship plus extra, then that total will also reflect what two hours of factory production minus shipping will produce. The only time that would come into play is if your factories are not at sufficient levels to keep the ship fully loaded for two hours. But even in that case, the Time Skip will accurately reflect what will happen in two hours without active management. None of the totals will match what any of the individual (Festival, shipping or factories) productions are, but that does not mean that it is inaccurate. It's still accurate. That's why you have to use common sense and not use the Time Skip if your shipping and factories are not keeping up with each other and the Festival.

xivarmy

The "stockpile" you keep referring to is, I assume, what has been collected from the factories and is waiting for shipment to the Festival. If the factories are at sufficient levels to fully load the ship plus extra, then that total will also reflect what two hours of factory production minus shipping will produce. The only time that would come into play is if your factories are not at sufficient levels to keep the ship fully loaded for two hours. But even in that case, the Time Skip will accurately reflect what will happen in two hours without active management. None of the totals will match what any of the individual (Festival, shipping or factories) productions are, but that does not mean that it is inaccurate. It's still accurate. That's why you have to use common sense and not use the Time Skip if your shipping and factories are not keeping up with each other and the Festival.
There's two stockpiles - the one waiting to be shipped and the one waiting to be processed by the festival, and what you *assume* will happen is what would happen if I literally left and came back in 2 hours. But is *not* what happens with timeskip. As you can see in the screenshots I posted earlier in the thread. Rather the stuff waiting to be shipped and waiting to be processed at the festival is essentially unchanged (the changes being due to the time spent between taking the screenshots, not the timeskip). And while I did not take a screenshot for it, was changed significantly in *10 minutes* after the time skip.

Time skip is *not* literally a time skip. It's an approximation of the worst case scenario of what 2 hours idle would do but neglects additional effects that may or may not have been relevant - such as stockpiles - either the consumption of them or the building up of them further.

Edit: Going to split off this discussion to another thread so as not to make the very long post I'm about to here. I have a world ideally situated to show just what timeskip does. Will edit and add a link when I post.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

Does anyone else find it strange that the main event building seems secondary ? I mean not even one upgrade kit for it in the league prizes and more attention seems to be paid to the hut. Somepeople don't like the building because of the size but it gives a huge pop and happiness boost.

Pericles the Lion

Does anyone else find it strange that the main event building seems secondary ? I mean not even one upgrade kit for it in the league prizes and more attention seems to be paid to the hut. Somepeople don't like the building because of the size but it gives a huge pop and happiness boost.
I think that this is the first Event where league rewards, other than Gold, include a building that spawns frags of the main event building. Tbh, it seems that the Apothecary in Bronze/Silver is a better deal than one upgrade kit.

Dursland

I think that this is the first Event where league rewards, other than Gold, include a building that spawns frags of the main event building. Tbh, it seems that the Apothecary in Bronze/Silver is a better deal than one upgrade kit.
It's not the first event. Last year's Fall Event had the Grape lv1 and Grape lv2.

I got silver and the grape lv1 and just made a fourth vineyard from it.

KeithOfTheForge

where do the shamrocks come from then if not from the factories? I guess they just spring up out of holes in the ground lol
They are probably symbolic of the happiness coming from the festival which is the place where they are generated after receiving supplies from the factories. Hats , drinks, cake , firecrackers , flowers , etc. Notice that shamrocks are the only item where you "collect" them. All the other items the tasks say "generate". That's the dead give away there.
1710426197976.png

planetofthehumans2

We got a ton of buildings in the last 6 months of events with devastating smiles, the increase in population is a double loss to smiles so really you're not getting much out of that. Only 12k extra smiles which you can get more smiles from two roads of victory!

xivarmy

We got a ton of buildings in the last 6 months of events with devastating smiles, the increase in population is a double loss to smiles so really you're not getting much out of that. Only 12k extra smiles which you can get more smiles from two roads of victory!
The roads of victory don't do anything else useful though. (their stats were inefficient when they were released and that was BEFORE the massive power creep surge).

The tavern provides pop, covers its pop with appropriate happiness, and somewhat efficiently gives decent FP and goods and provides decent amounts of boost.

It's also easier than most buildings to make extras of through the league prize as it only requires 7 regular levels before it starts making its own upgrades. And you've got extra lvl 1s from the event so at first it's only 6 levels you need from it. And you get some amount of the fragment generator for even mere bronze league.

And being big is a plus if you like what it does, as it does it efficiently.

This is by far the best event for a new city in a long while.

Skipping it or focusing on druid huts in a long-running city? I get that too. I'm probably "only" going to worry about finishing off a 2nd celtic tavern in my main (via the silver version of the fragment generator - I'll probably be an upgrade or two short) while I went out of my way to get 3 sacred druid huts (did end up spending a little diamonds (1750) to do the time skip tasks at the end of the 2nd rival - probably could've planned better to not need to do so but it would've been close to both go for silver and finish the 2nd rival without diamonds and i need both to get my 3 archdruid huts upgraded to sacred).

Sharmon the Impaler

I get 69K happiness and 48K pop in Sat for those buildings.