• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for St. Patrick's Event 2024

Edward _MMXIII

R. Dot 16

PoG 2200

Rank Bronze with 50 task cushion

No need to squander pogs on final rivals task of 2 x 4 hr skips

Above back n 4th maketh me chuckle .

Last edited:

planetofthehumans2

The roads of victory don't do anything else useful though. (their stats were inefficient when they were released and that was BEFORE the massive power creep surge).

The tavern provides pop, covers its pop with appropriate happiness, and somewhat efficiently gives decent FP and goods and provides decent amounts of boost.

It's also easier than most buildings to make extras of through the league prize as it only requires 7 regular levels before it starts making its own upgrades. And you've got extra lvl 1s from the event so at first it's only 6 levels you need from it. And you get some amount of the fragment generator for even mere bronze league.

And being big is a plus if you like what it does, as it does it efficiently.

This is by far the best event for a new city in a long while.

Skipping it or focusing on druid huts in a long-running city? I get that too. I'm probably "only" going to worry about finishing off a 2nd celtic tavern in my main (via the silver version of the fragment generator - I'll probably be an upgrade or two short) while I went out of my way to get 3 sacred druid huts (did end up spending a little diamonds (1750) to do the time skip tasks at the end of the 2nd rival - probably could've planned better to not need to do so but it would've been close to both go for silver and finish the 2nd rival without diamonds and i need both to get my 3 archdruid huts upgraded to sacred).
I get 69K happiness and 48K pop in Sat for those buildings.
69k-48k = ~12k extra smiles after the extra pop saps them.

xiv you also forget that the roads produce 5 goods of ages you can control, if you need a few from SAV then you have that source available at all times. Yeah I could trade down SAJM, but eventually the amount of SAV goods on the server will decline as those SAV people move up. Or maybe your guild constantly needs FE or whatever age goods, with good planning you got 'em every day to support those players. 5% defense stacks, an extra 100% or more for GE. But yeah I wish there was an upgrade for the roads, the elephant buildings aren't that.

I got enough kits for a second hut, but honestly without the plat upgrade it's totally moot to even think about building it. If I did the gold rewards, I could even get a second tavern, but the more I thought about it the less I wanted to spend money on the game.

xivarmy

69k-48k = ~12k extra smiles after the extra pop saps them.

xiv you also forget that the roads produce 5 goods of ages you can control, if you need a few from SAV then you have that source available at all times. Yeah I could trade down SAJM, but eventually the amount of SAV goods on the server will decline as those SAV people move up. Or maybe your guild constantly needs FE or whatever age goods, with good planning you got 'em every day to support those players. 5% defense stacks, an extra 100% or more for GE. But yeah I wish there was an upgrade for the roads, the elephant buildings aren't that.

I got enough kits for a second hut, but honestly without the plat upgrade it's totally moot to even think about building it. If I did the gold rewards, I could even get a second tavern, but the more I thought about it the less I wanted to spend money on the game.
I didn't "forget" what road to victory does. I wrote it off as pitifully inefficient, even when it was new.

Is a road to victory better than unused space? sure, but not by much ;)

Edward _MMXIII

Is a road to victory better than unused space?
Rethinking my two long RtVs for much needed space .

R.D. 17 aka 400 on prize line

1800 pogs

Edit :
Removed RtVs .... planted this behemoth to 7 ... .updated to Sacred Archdruid . This final festival is busting my you know what .... appears the algorithm is geared to R.D. 17 if you played for free .... have not used the thigamajigs as Bronze is the best I can get .

Rank is firm Bronze

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

The time skip certainly does give 2 hours progress on all of the shamrock factories, the ship and the festival. If you think otherwise show some evidence.
Here is the evidence....

Screenshot #1: Look at Fireworks. Manager is L2, production is 86T per cycle. 2 minute cycles. Current firework inventory is 86T. Number of time skips available is 3.

Screenshot #2: Used 1 2hr time skip. Total number of shamrocks went from 549T to 3.07Q which is correct. The number of fireworks in inventory increased to 2.6Q ( an increase of 2.51Q).

Doing the math, at 86T fireworks per cycle, two hours of fireworks production is 5.16Q. However, the number added to inventory as a result of the time skip was far less (2.65Q less to be more precise). The limiting factor for shamrock production (ship/festival/factories) in this example is Festival (1.26Q per hour). I don't think that it's coincidence that the 2 hour impact on the fireworks factory (2.51Q) is the about the same as the 2 hour impact on total shamrock production. Regardless, although the time skip does provide, as you said, "two hours progress" on the factories, the progress is not 2X each factory's production. It really only matters when using a time skip to complete a production task.

1710590545990.png

1710590580862.png

Johnny B. Goode

Another thing nobody has ever mentioned is that many of the numbers in the SPD mini-game are at best approximations. I've noticed numerous times that when the posted number of Shamrocks is added to the "completed" pile, it often does not add up to what it should if the numbers were accurate. Not to mention that there are unshown decimals/fractions on many of the numbers, such as the number of Shamrocks needed to add levels to a factory. I don't know how many times over the years that the Shamrocks pile and the posted number to add one or more levels to a factory are identical, but the button to add the levels is still greyed out. Meaning there is an unshown quantity after the decimal point of that number.

PJS299

Kind of late, but oh well.

Screenshot 2024-03-19 22.16.52.png
2x Silence - 3x Patience - 9x Vitality - 2x Platinum Archdruid - 1x Celtic Tavern - 2x Celtic Glassworks - 1x Apothecary of the Highlands lvl 2 - 4x Pagan Harvest selection kit (Still debating what/if to build)

Spent 500 diamonds and finished in silver league. I added the Serene Animal Crossing in because I got an upgrade from the end-of-town boxes, and was able to build my second one.
Screenshot 2024-03-17 01.04.11.png - Before I spent diamonds Screenshot 2024-03-18 08.05.19.png - After I spent diamonds.

I still haven't spent anything in the game, so that's nice.

Although I hate this event, I'd consider it a success! (For me, at least ;) )

jaymoney23456

Freely obtained ?

I could never keep track .
wouldn't be possible to get a bunch of celtic taverns yet without buying the pass. Could get them eventually from the endless frags from the building you can get in bronze and higher league but to have them right away required the pass.

captain987

wouldn't be possible to get a bunch of celtic taverns yet without buying the pass. Could get them eventually from the endless frags from the building you can get in bronze and higher league but to have them right away required the pass.
That's not completely true. It's possible to get 4 Celtic Taverns if you completed 1700 (I think, but I might be off by a few) tasks. Obviously, that would cost a ton of diamonds, but I think 2.5 towns/day is within the realm of possibility, even without buying the pass.

jaymoney23456

That's not completely true. It's possible to get 4 Celtic Taverns if you completed 1700 (I think, but I might be off by a few) tasks. Obviously, that would cost a ton of diamonds, but I think 2.5 towns/day is within the realm of possibility, even without buying the pass.
well considering that the cutoff for gold league was under 800 I don't think anyone is doing 1700 tasks. Why would they spend such a high amt of diamonds when the pass would surely be cheaper than that?

Darkest.Knight

lol, I was initially shooting for 900 quests but gave up on that as my diamonds started running out. Ended up in Gold but not by much.

captain987

well considering that the cutoff for gold league was under 800 I don't think anyone is doing 1700 tasks. Why would they spend such a high amt of diamonds when the pass would surely be cheaper than that?
Like I said, it would be a very small group of people, but some hardcore diamond farmers get many tens of thousands of diamonds a year, all without paying a penny. So there could be some incentive to not spend any RL money.