• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Mini Challenges

jaymoney23456

If you liked THIS rival, you'll love the next rival for st paddies LOL what a literal pots of gold sink for last years gold upgrade, 2000 pots for tasks that require not one but MULTIPLE fast forwards and I didn't get that far. Maybe if it was the platinum version, but dang inno did someone hit you guys in the head over there when you were thinking about these tasks.
lol-at least for the st. Paddy's day one it will just be a matter of spending pots of gold vs. what you get from the rival quests-at least that is what it seems like it would be based on. I agree though, its likely to be just as nonsensical as this one!

Pericles the Lion

I'll be able to finish this Rival without spending diamonds on the two worlds where I'm playing the event but I think that a repeat performance will be unlikely for the remaining two Rivals. The quests that ask for players to use the "extra moves" burn up a lot of event currency and I think this will be the big obstacle going forward.

UBERhelp1

You've got to be joking: saying the rival questline is easy is one of the most rediculous lines I have heard about the game in quite some time!
It's a joke saying it's difficult. We have the list of quests, just prepare for the next quests in advance, and you're all set. Play for the objective, and you can do it. I even had to spend probably an extra 2-3 tickets because of the colors not matching, but even still, I managed it with a total of 19 tickets spent.

Quite frankly, the most "difficult" thing about it is that you had to know in advance to save your wildlife coins. But... we did know in advance, so that's not an issue.

xivarmy

Where is this list of quests? I'd bet 90% of the players do not know about it.
Definitely a fair criticism. We're also not allowed to link to the spot that reliably collects and posts such data ;)

But it was rather obvious that you should save event currency if you intended to complete rival quests (though as I didn't look up what the new quests were I hadn't realized just how many coins they were going to need at the end).

Of course this assumes you even realized rival quests were a thing tied to the event (mentioned in announcement - but most people likely do not read announcements either!).

But if you're the type of person that tries to get all the information they can about an event in advance, the information was out there in the usual places.

jaymoney23456

It's a joke saying it's difficult. We have the list of quests, just prepare for the next quests in advance, and you're all set. Play for the objective, and you can do it. I even had to spend probably an extra 2-3 tickets because of the colors not matching, but even still, I managed it with a total of 19 tickets spent.

Quite frankly, the most "difficult" thing about it is that you had to know in advance to save your wildlife coins. But... we did know in advance, so that's not an issue.
The only way it isn't difficult is if you buy more coins and more tickets. Its a dumb questline that distracts from the main goal of getting paws. You can say its easy all day long, but that doesn't make it so and most players can easily tell this!! Its ok to stop being Inno cheerleader once in a while you know!!

UBERhelp1

The only way it isn't difficult is if you buy more coins and more tickets. Its a dumb questline that distracts from the main goal of getting paws. You can say its easy all day long, but that doesn't make it so and most players can easily tell this!! Its ok to stop being Inno cheerleader once in a while you know!!
I didn't buy more coins or tickets. I actually averaged over the normal 4 paws per ticket, and it catapulted me forward in the grand prizes and leagues.

I prepared for the mini challenge. I gave myself the ability to adapt to upcoming quests, and starting working on the next few quests at the same time. So yes, it was easy for me, and it's easy for anyone else that prepared. You can't expect to just complete it easily with no preparation. It's a challenge, not a "free rewards! Just click me!" questline.

Just because you failed to prepare doesn't mean the questline was bad.

Xenosaur

Where is this list of quests? I'd bet 90% of the players do not know about it.
You're right. That's just the way Inno wants it too... OBFUSCATION.

Rival comes out usually on Tuesday. Start searching the web for any data on the quests. Yeah - a pain in the butt to have to venture off and get this, but if you wanna be a playa, then ya gotta do ... what ya gotta do.

To much trouble?? - then wait for the first mouse to get it's neck snapped by being first to the cheese (springing the mousetrap on it's neck...), and be the second mouse :)

I'd suggest you get good and friendly with the beta FORGE of Empires Forum... We do things there BEFORE you do here. Many times, the events are exactly the same (when Inno doesn't listen to it's beta players about what needs to be changed...), and sometimes they do (begrudginly).

We played Rival there for Wildlife beta - well, some of us did. Some of us tried to, but then threw in the towel.

There is a lot of "throwing in the towel" when it comes to Rival. Some people make it, many don't. It's designed to part you and your game wallet, or real one.

For the next event you're going to play (or not) - Saint Patrick's Day. The one with the ship cycle-carrying stuff to the Festival? You know - 8.4 quadrillion shamrock - then new city?

Here is what @MooingCat produced yesterday to show beta player how Rival was re-cast as 4 tracks, vs just 1 that you see now in Wildlife. Guess what? It has the quests and earnings from them.

Read the beta forum to "kinda" know what's coming.... it's your best help to be at the front edge of gaming on the live side.

Better yet, consider joining beta and play the event there..... before you play it here.

Best of all - put @MooingCat on speed dial - and get, and save a link to his website (which I won't post here, lest I my hand slapped). SO just google it AND follow the links at MOO's site that WILL TAKE YOU to the data (and enlightenment) YOU SEEK.

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

I didn't buy more coins or tickets. I actually averaged over the normal 4 paws per ticket, and it catapulted me forward in the grand prizes and leagues.

I prepared for the mini challenge. I gave myself the ability to adapt to upcoming quests, and starting working on the next few quests at the same time. So yes, it was easy for me, and it's easy for anyone else that prepared. You can't expect to just complete it easily with no preparation. It's a challenge, not a "free rewards! Just click me!" questline.

Just because you failed to prepare doesn't mean the questline was bad.
Well I guess everyone can either listen to you, who claims it is easy, or try playing it and see for themselves that it is certainly not easy. In fact, most will agree that it is not worth the trouble and many have already expressed this view. Yours is definitely in the minority on this one! Also, event currency should be saved for a good daily special not the next hamptster wheel that inno comes up with!

UBERhelp1

Well I guess everyone can either listen to you, who claims it is easy, or try playing it and see for themselves that it is certainly not easy. In fact, most will agree that it is not worth the trouble and many have already expressed this view. Yours is definitely in the minority on this one! Also, event currency should be saved for a good daily special not the next hamptster wheel that inno comes up with!
It's not easy if you live under a rock and refuse to prepare. Maybe instead of complaining, you could have done a bit of research, looked at the questline, planned your play, and then you'd be sitting here with tons of tools, paws, points, and daily specials.

Sharmon the Impaler

You're right. That's just the way Inno wants it too... OBFUSCATION.

Rival comes out usually on Tuesday. Start searching the web for any data on the quests. Yeah - a pain in the butt to have to venture off and get this, but if you wanna be a playa, then ya gotta do ... what ya gotta do.

To much trouble?? - then wait for the first mouse to get it's neck snapped by being first to the cheese (springing the mousetrap on it's neck...), and be the second mouse :)

I'd suggest you get good and friendly with the beta FORGE of Empires Forum... We do things there BEFORE you do here. Many times, the events are exactly the same (when Inno doesn't listen to it's beta players about what needs to be changed...), and sometimes they do (begrudginly).

We played Rival there for Wildlife beta - well, some of us did. Some of us tried to, but then threw in the towel.

There is a lot of "throwing in the towel" when it comes to Rival. Some people make it, many don't. It's designed to part you and your game wallet, or real one.

For the next event you're going to play (or not) - Saint Patrick's Day. The one with the ship cycle-carrying stuff to the Festival? You know - 8.4 quadrillion shamrock - then new city?

Here is what @MooingCat produced yesterday to show beta player how Rival was re-cast as 4 tracks, vs just 1 that you see now in Wildlife. Guess what? It has the quests and earnings from them.

Read the beta forum to "kinda" know what's coming.... it's your best help to be at the front edge of gaming on the live side.

Better yet, consider joining beta and play the event there..... before you play it here.

Best of all - put @MooingCat on speed dial - and get, and save a link to his website (which I won't post here, lest I my hand slapped). SO just google it AND follow the links at MOO's site that WILL TAKE YOU to the data (and enlightenment) YOU SEEK.
Have you looked at the tasks ? Besides the fighting track will trash the event itself for one city each. Level 5 drinks takes forever to get for instance.

captain987

I also completed the Rival for free, but I will admit that I had to use my golden ticket. Easy is a bit of a stretch, but, while monotonous, it was certainly not difficult. I like these events that advantage strategy (and IQ) over spending. Even after the rival, I am still averaging close to 4.5 paws/board.

jaymoney23456

It's not easy if you live under a rock and refuse to prepare. Maybe instead of complaining, you could have done a bit of research, looked at the questline, planned your play, and then you'd be sitting here with tons of tools, paws, points, and daily specials.
You should really see how dumb it sounds to come on here and go on and on trying to convince others that something that is not easy whatsoever is, in fact easy. I was on like quest 8 in the event before the rival started and I spend 6-7 tickets just to see if it something that might be worthwile even knowing how it was on Beta. There is a reason that the feedback here and in Beta regarding the rival questline is overwhelmingly negative! You just repeat the same thing over and over again like a broken record and refuse to acknowledge that its not easy to complete a set of tasks that is based a lot on luck (what you get on boards) and that doing the rival questline interferes with normal gameplay of the minigame!

PJS299

How many of the Rival Quests will there be during this event?

Trying to decide if it's worth it to stay up and finish it in another world.