• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for update 1.271

Johnny B. Goode

Having used the new system for a few seasons, the new organization seems to slow down fighting speed due to extra pointer/cursor/mouse movement/clicking -- it may not be by much, but in a close race it doesn't need to be by much.
It does not slow down fighting speed, it slows down auto battle clicking, which is not the same thing. How many times do I have to say that before you auto battle clickers get it? Mindlessly clicking auto battle in a race to take a GBG sector is not fighting in any sense.

jaymoney23456

It does not slow down fighting speed, it slows down auto battle clicking, which is not the same thing. How many times do I have to say that before you auto battle clickers get it? Mindlessly clicking auto battle in a race to take a GBG sector is not fighting in any sense.
It appears that you do not play GbG much if you think that races on sectors is not the main way to battle another guild in GbG and how fast you can click through each autobattle couldn't matter more! In fact, the only way to win a race is for one guild to click autobattle quicker than their opponent. Negotiations are of marginal value in any sector race and manual fighting is a joke in such a situation.

jaymoney23456

When one is racing for a GbG province it's (at least sometimes and I'd suggest usually) helpful to auto-click fights to get as many advances as quickly as possible to take the province (especially on GbG opening day). As attrition increases it can be helpful to customize your army units based on what the game puts against your army.

When the units were grouped by type (before the 1.271 update) it was faster to be able to click the top left unit X times to clear the units you want to replace and then add the units you want to use. Now, you have to move your mouse or finger or whatever to remove the undamaged and damaged units of the same type (which takes more time) and replace them with the new units.

Having used the new system for a few seasons, the new organization seems to slow down fighting speed due to extra pointer/cursor/mouse movement/clicking -- it may not be by much, but in a close race it doesn't need to be by much.

I'd prefer to see that change as a toggled preference like the unit stacking.
I agree that fighting as fast as possible is needed for races on sectors but I disagree that it was faster to change out units under the old unit grouping system where you had to scroll past injured units to find the troops you wanted to change out, which was a situation that got progressively worse as the injured troops piled up

jaymoney23456

Also, fighting speed and autobattle clicking speed are the same thing in FOE!

Wwwoodchuck

I would agreed with this statement:
Mindlessly clicking auto battle in a race to take a GBG sector is not fighting in any sense.
I agree it in no way resembles any kind of battle or battle strategy. The “winner” is simply who has more people on who can mindlessly click auto battle the fastest.

But, this is the system we have to work with. I was no recalc enthusiast, but have watched and helped in GvG. Even in GvG, the guild with the most auto clickers who are the fastest wins that sector. That mindless finger banging is how "battle" is setup to be in FoE. A guild can use all the strategy they like, but when that sector opens, who is going to take it? The ones who are fastest at mindlessly clicking auto battle. Lol!

Strategy does come in, in between mindlessly clicking auto battle. This is where timers are important to make sure your guild has a few seconds (or preferably more) to mindlessly click auto battle on a sector before your opponent has a chance to come on and mindlessly click auto battle faster!

Certain parts of the game can be manually battled, which I would think is using a bit of strategy to pick units. The current Meta is to win the Tournament and gain the most fragments of the tournament trophy. How is the winning guild going to do that?

Sharmon the Impaler

The new GBG forces guilds that want to win to have a much better leadership in place. Treasury management , attrition management , setting up the map 2-3 sessions in advance , anticipation of opponents next moves and working a strategy for stopping it from happening. Dispute management in guild , deligation of guild tasks , etc. No matter how you look at it this will never be fighting , it's clicking a mouse or tapping a screen , it's chess not fighting. Setting up 50-80 people to work as a unit takes a lot of work and effective leadership skills. Guild battles are at the guild level not the individual level so you want the crew behind you that can chew through sectors as fast as possible. Manual fighting should be a personal goal but it has nothing to do with GBG.

Johnny B. Goode

In fact, the only way to win a race is for one guild to click autobattle quicker than their opponent.
Thanks for agreeing with my point. You're not fighting, you're clicking. Fastest clicker wins. No strategy, no tactics, no logistical thought. Just click as fast as you can. And you think it's fighting. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!

jaymoney23456

Thanks for agreeing with my point. You're not fighting, you're clicking. Fastest clicker wins. No strategy, no tactics, no logistical thought. Just click as fast as you can. And you think it's fighting. ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!
Are you saying you dislike GbG in general then? lol

Johnny B. Goode

Are you saying you dislike GbG in general then? lol
I like the concept, but not the implementation. I don't find it worth bothering with. Actually, there is little in the game I find worth bothering with lately, which contributed to my recent decision to delete one of my 13 cities and turn 4 of my semi-active ones and my 5 Diamond farms into strictly collect-check-AD Diamond farms. I now have only 3 semi-active cities, and would only have one that is actually fairly active and turn the other two into the collect-check-AD kind but I couldn't decide which one of the three it should be.

By the way, there is nothing in today's Announcement that makes me think that the game is actually going to improve. I think it will become much more of a muddled mess as time goes on. So I don't see my game participation ever increasing much, if any. I find it a bad omen for the Forum that the Announcement links you to Discord but not the Forum. May be that the Forum is the next GvG. Ignored and then finally deleted at some point. Very sad, as the Forum has been the one consistently enjoyable part of my experience with FoE, despite the trolls.

jaymoney23456

I like the concept, but not the implementation. I don't find it worth bothering with. Actually, there is little in the game I find worth bothering with lately, which contributed to my recent decision to delete one of my 13 cities and turn 4 of my semi-active ones and my 5 Diamond farms into strictly collect-check-AD Diamond farms. I now have only 3 semi-active cities, and would only have one that is actually fairly active and turn the other two into the collect-check-AD kind but I couldn't decide which one of the three it should be.

By the way, there is nothing in today's Announcement that makes me think that the game is actually going to improve. I think it will become much more of a muddled mess as time goes on. So I don't see my game participation ever increasing much, if any. I find it a bad omen for the Forum that the Announcement links you to Discord but not the Forum. May be that the Forum is the next GvG. Ignored and then finally deleted at some point. Very sad, as the Forum has been the one consistently enjoyable part of my experience with FoE, despite the trolls.
I don't do discord so that is unfortunate that the announcements link there. I am sure there is probably countless trolls on discord and its not a very secure platform either imo.

jaymoney23456

Some of what was in the announcement seems concerning such as 5 more levels of GE when lv 5 already has a fairly high enemy attack boost. I could see it shoot up to astronomical numbers that few if any current players could overcome until there is even greater power creep in the game than already exists. I guess we will find out about quantom excursions on Thursday since its coming to beta then and we will then be able to see info on it. The mention of Inno's finances in the announcement doesn't seem to bode well. OVerall, though there is a lack of sufficient details about much of it for there to be some hope that some of the new aspects of the game being released could be good.