• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Quantum Incursions - Strategy

WillyTwoShoes

As this is not feedback per se and I couldn't find a related thread I decided to post a new thread.

RE: QI - Strategy

I'm having trouble with a few things in the new Quantum Incursions venue and was hoping for some guidance.

1. What's the purpose of having guild leadership? All I see that they can really do is unlock the venue (and depending on your guild) cheerlead/shame players players into participating. I don't see a clearly defined role for what the foe team decided would need (4?) guild appointed leaders?

2. Having no way to track which players choose what in terms of troop and goods builds does nothing to promote any sort of team effort or am I missing something there?

3. The difference between a fight node and boss node is what? More of the same?

4. Someone please explain why recommending the pay pass lines is a good idea when forward progress is dependent upon the vagaries of guild participation?

Ebeondi Asi

Having no way to track which players choose what in terms of troop and goods builds does nothing to promote any sort of team effort or am I missing something there?
There is no value added to asking/forcing Guild member to have to use certain ones. The notion that a variety would be better would be to maximize the 2x bits in some nodes. I believe that idea of dividing them up to maximize a fallacy. (though in a small fully participating Guild it might work.)
But in large Guilds with a wide spread of player participation, no one can marshal the players into a force capable of making it an advantage. (the herding cats problem) The Goods nodes in particular are fairly rare and many who took yhe one in that node will not be on at that time. And just plain foolish to wait a day for a few players to take advantage of that particular 2x??? Making everyone else wait???
So Goods take whatever you want.I take Iron just because it is smaller.
For troops it is similar. Players should choose the troops they like and can manually fight with the best.
Someone please explain why recommending the pay pass lines is a good idea when forward progress is dependent upon the vagaries of guild participation?
That is a fallacy. The pass pay lines and that area are wholly dependent on the individual players points in the nodes. Other players really do not matter for the prize Silver and Gold lines.
For example I know a player (amazing guy) has eight maxed out Neo Colossus in his city after Season one. They did not need the other players to do much more than normal and they still did way more and won way more from the prize line. Many times more than anyone else. No problem The prize line is really about your own efforts entirely.

Only the Chests matter for the whole Guild since they increase as the levels are added on to. And a lazy player wins more even if they do nothing in QI but choose to buy the Chests. One does win up to two free Chests with a little effort. But the cost to buy all six ;, or two free and four more is the same if taking the package deal.
So the value of the Chests increase with each level passed. whether or not an individual player did anything to make that happen.

(for example the Forge points for ending season in level 9 are 1000. If the Guild enters level 10 the FP prize in the chests is 1500. and if the Guild finishes level 10 the FP prize in the chests is 2000 Forge Points. The other prizes increase in a similar fashion. An individual Guild member did not even have to play to still get the increases in the Chests that the Guild as a whole gained by finishing levels.

Last edited:

jaymoney23456

There is no value added to asking/forcing Guild member to have to use certain ones. The notion that a variety would be better would be to maximize the 2x bits in some nodes. I believe that idea of dividing them up to maximize a fallacy. (though in a small fully participating Guild it might work.)
But in large Guilds with a wide spread of player participation, no one can marshal the players into a force capable of making it an advantage. (the herding cats problem) The Goods nodes in particular are fairly rare and many who took yhe one in that node will not be on at that time. And just plain foolish to wait a day for a few players to take advantage of that particular 2x??? Making everyone else wait???
So Goods take whatever you want.I take Iron just because it is smaller.
For troops it is similar. Players should choose the troops they like and can manually fight with the best.

That is a fallacy. The pass pay lines and that area are wholly dependent on the individual players points in the nodes. Other players really do not matter for the prize Silver and Gold lines.
For example I know a player (amazing guy) has eight maxed out Neo Colossus in his city after Season one. They did not need the other players to do much more than normal and they still did way more and won way more from the prize line. Many times more than anyone else. No problem The prize line is really about your own efforts entirely.

Only the Chests matter for the whole Guild since they increase as the levels are added on to. And a lazy player wins more even if they do nothing in QI but choose to buy the Chests. One does win up to two free Chests with a little effort. But the cost to buy all six ;, or two free and four more is the same if taking the package deal.
So the value of the Chests increase with each level passed. whether or not an individual player did anything to make that happen.

(for example the Forge points for ending season in level 9 are 1000. If the Guild enters level 10 the FP prize in the chests is 1500. and if the Guild finishes level 10 the FP prize in the chests is 2000 Forge Points. The other prizes increase in a similar fashion. An individual Guild member did not even have to play to still get the increases in the Chests that the Guild as a whole gained by finishing levels.
Players without much attack boost in QI can still contribute with the goods nodes and this holds up even in large guilds. So a smart guild will take advantage of this and let those players knock out the donation nodes. Also participation will get a player up to 2 free chests at the end of a QI round. Otherwise, the player needs to pay shards for each chest opened.

xivarmy

As this is not feedback per se and I couldn't find a related thread I decided to post a new thread.

RE: QI - Strategy

I'm having trouble with a few things in the new Quantum Incursions venue and was hoping for some guidance.

1. What's the purpose of having guild leadership? All I see that they can really do is unlock the venue (and depending on your guild) cheerlead/shame players players into participating. I don't see a clearly defined role for what the foe team decided would need (4?) guild appointed leaders?

2. Having no way to track which players choose what in terms of troop and goods builds does nothing to promote any sort of team effort or am I missing something there?

3. The difference between a fight node and boss node is what? More of the same?

4. Someone please explain why recommending the pay pass lines is a good idea when forward progress is dependent upon the vagaries of guild participation?

1) No huge purpose. You can in later levels as a leader also designate a path to try and coordinate your guildies.

2) Your players could announce it in a thread if you need to know specifics. When you go to choose which troops and goods you can see how many people total have chosen each troop/good so far. Mostly what you can do to coordinate maximizing of x2 bonuses is:

a - set time(s) when your guild is going to gather and make a concerted effort to progress as far as possible. By doing it this way, if some people are facing a node with no boost, there's a high probability that very shortly the people who are boosted on that node will have stamped it out and maybe they'll have the boost on the next one.
b - call out what the new boost is when you move onto the next node in case you do have someone ready to go for that one

3) Boss nodes have more boost. Final Boss nodes have boosts from fortification nodes earlier in the level. If the final boss is too tough you can go back and clear the fortification nodes to make it easier.

4) Pay pass is going to be necessary for most players to get the top levels of the building(s). There's scant opportunities to make silver/golden upgrades without it. With it you'll automatically get the silver/golden upgrade by the time you have the 8 "regular" levels from the pass. If you think it's worth it, buy it. Personally I won't be.