• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wiki!

kandoo212

Rare case? Are you kidding me? I have been leading my guild for almost two years and I've been in nothing but imbalanced neighborhoods. My guildies constantly complain about being preyed upon by cowardly bullies from higher Ages against who they have no defense. No amount of skill will allow EMS units to prevail againat LMA units. PvP should be strictly limited to players in the same Age; then, and only then, would we see a fair fight and the most skillful prevail. FoE is a game that pretends to imitate real life. It is a shame that Inno Games encourages immorality and theft by allowing dishonorable players to prey upon the weak and defenseless. In the real world they would be called Crimes Against Humanity.

Algona

...I have been leading my guild for almost two years and I've been in nothing but imbalanced neighborhoods. My guildies constantly complain about being preyed upon by cowardly bullies from higher Ages against who they have no defense...

Well, hmm. How does one phrase this delicately?

You are an awful guild leader.

Two years into this game and you don't know how to deal with this or how to teach your guildies how to deal with this?

Instead of you wasting time here complaining, why not try asking for help?

Hint: Go read the first post of jaelis's awesome stickied thread in the Questions forum.

'bullies'. pfffft.

----------

Side note: Jeez, a lot of complaints about 'bullies' Glarg, would you mind?

DeletedUser9433

Forge of Empires, from its inception, has had a built-in flaw that has yet to be addressed and corrected. This should be given #1 priority by the Devs. FoE allows players from the Future or even the Arctic Future to attack and plunder players in much lower Ages who don't have a prayer of defending themselves. What kind of "honor" and "glory" is there in preying upon the defenseless? It's akin to matching a high school softball team with the World Champion Chicago Cubs or matching a featherweight boxer with a heavyweight. It is inane, disgraceful and below the dignity of Inno Games. Wake up and do something about it!
I see it as a feature, not a flaw. I am rewarded for being a good soldier and not complaining in the forum about things working well. Am offered tower points and extra medals, lower age goods which I need not trade for nor use my space to build upon, actually a great feature!

DeletedUser25273

Kandoo, If a two Era Difference is that bad, then you don't know how to play well. While it may not be possible for an EMA player to set up a defense that a LMA player can't defeat, they should be able to make it expensive enough that they move elsewhere.

DeletedUser27700

I understand wanting to control the Wiki for errors, etc. Why not let the players contribute to and edit the Wiki and then FOE personnel can monitor it, proofread it, etc. to make sure the information is accurate. I found this Wiki to be highly lacking in helpful information. For example, just a basic question does not have an answer, like how many medals do you need for each expansion? Why is this not in the Wiki. It should be shouldn't it. It seems so basic. I am sure FOE personnel just simply do not have the time to add information to the game and certainly cannot think of all the information that is needed. In helping with Wikis in other games, whenever I have a question and cannot find it in the Wiki, then once I do find the information, I go and edit the Wiki and add it. Or if I am just looking for information, browsing or whatever and see where I can add something, then I do. FOE can then review all the changes that are made each day and make sure they are correct, edit them, etc.

Doesn't this make sense?

DeletedUser10415

Side note: Jeez, a lot of complaints about 'bullies' Glarg, would you mind?

Apologies for the lateness of my reply. The automated alarm system I use for when someone mentions my name on the FoE forum was inoperable due to a large and apparently long dead mantis clogging up the mechanism.
06f700e7af944c1fb7df814fd9efd8f1.jpg

DeletedUser27711

I started not too long ago and Mr kandoo212 is way off base. I found the jaelis guide in the first week or two. Quite surprised someone 2 years into the game can't deal with this feature and displays a rather poor attitude about competition in a game. Anyways...

My feedback is that this wiki isn't even linked on the main website. It should be easy to find in the top bar, linked in several places, especially under the Help button. Also need to invest in some SEO with google or bink/blink, whatever it is that MS calls their search engine, and any others still in use out there in the world besides our google overlords.

kandoo212

I see it as a feature, not a flaw. I am rewarded for being a good soldier and not complaining in the forum about things working well. Am offered tower points and extra medals, lower age goods which I need not trade for nor use my space to build upon, actually a great feature!
What about honor and fair play? Ever hear of those? In you view it's perfectly fine for someone from the Future to attack and plunder someone in the HMA? No one is against PvP, but let's make it a fair fight.

kandoo212

I started not too long ago and Mr kandoo212 is way off base. I found the jaelis guide in the first week or two. Quite surprised someone 2 years into the game can't deal with this feature and displays a rather poor attitude about competition in a game. Anyways...

My feedback is that this wiki isn't even linked on the main website. It should be easy to find in the top bar, linked in several places, especially under the Help button. Also need to invest in some SEO with google or bink/blink, whatever it is that MS calls their search engine, and any others still in use out there in the world besides our google overlords.
Someone from the Future attacking and plundering someone in the HMA is not "competition". PvP is fine, but let's make it fair and between players of similar Ages. Or are you too morally challenged to comprehend honor and fairplay?

Algona

What about honor and fair play?

It is fair play as defined by the rules of the game.

"It's not fair that your Aces beat my Deuces."

"It's not honorable for your Queen to take my Bishop."

"It's not moral that I have to pay more for landing on Boardwalk then you pay for landing on Mediterranean."

kandoo212

Kandoo, If a two Era Difference is that bad, then you don't know how to play well. While it may not be possible for an EMA player to set up a defense that a LMA player can't defeat, they should be able to make it expensive enough that they move elsewhere.
Obviously you didn't bother to read my post well enough or are comprehension challenged. I take issue with people in The Future being able to attack and plunder players in the HMA or even lower Ages. I have no objection to PvP, but it should be fair, limited to players in similar Ages. Ever hear of a little thing called "honor"?

kandoo212

It is fair play as defined by the rules of the game.

"It's not fair that your Aces beat my Deuces."

"It's not honorable for your Queen to take my Bishop."

"It's not moral that I have to pay more for landing on Boardwalk then you pay for landing on Mediterranean."

It's not your fault if you are morally challenged and don't understand the concept of honor.

Algona

It's not your fault if you are morally challenged and don't understand the concept of honor.

Please enlighten me. Can you explain to this morally bankrupt unhonorable person how playing within the established rules of the game is not fair, moral, or honorable?

Can I also ask where in the moral spectrum failing to try your best within the rules falls?

Where does the line fall? Is it OK to fight someone your age if you have massively better combat boosts? Or you know the troops they have and tailor your attackers to take advantage?

Last edited:

DeletedUser9433

Someone from the Future attacking and plundering someone in the HMA is not "competition". PvP is fine, but let's make it fair and between players of similar Ages. Or are you too morally challenged to comprehend honor and fairplay?
You simply don't understand honor you earn it, it isn't bestowed upon you. I simply attack everyone I can beat because I can, it has diddly to do with honor. In fact it would be dishonorable and disrespectful to not teach the lower age players about plundering. I feel I am doing them a favor and therefore feel very honorable each time I do it.

DeletedUser15042

Rare case? Are you kidding me? I have been leading my guild for almost two years and I've been in nothing but imbalanced neighborhoods. My guildies constantly complain about being preyed upon by cowardly bullies from higher Ages against who they have no defense. No amount of skill will allow EMS units to prevail againat LMA units. PvP should be strictly limited to players in the same Age; then, and only then, would we see a fair fight and the most skillful prevail. FoE is a game that pretends to imitate real life. It is a shame that Inno Games encourages immorality and theft by allowing dishonorable players to prey upon the weak and defenseless. In the real world they would be called Crimes Against Humanity.

And where is anything in real life fair? War has been waged on the weak and lower skilled/equipped since the dawn of time. People bully the smaller everyday. Per your comment, I would say the inbalanced neighborhoods are working exactly as you say, like real life.

Life sucks, people get plundered, its a game. Those plundering are not dishonorable or bullies are cowards. They are playing a freaking game. Not everyone gets a cookie. And if they do, it will get stolen if you leave it laying around. Don't leave it laying around, collect on time. Those who are plundered have no one to blame but themselves, not inno or the one plundering.

DeletedUser15042

Morally challanged? ITS A GAME!! A game. GAME GAME GAME.
It is fair. You have the same chances of being at the top of a hood as anyone else. And if it happens, you can plunder. Just because it is not going your way, does not mean the rules should be changed. Or are you one of THOSE GUYS who in real life thinks everything should be on an equal playing field. If someone has more than someone else, they should share it?

DeletedUser23444

Don't click the Spoiler Yet!
Later in my post, I'm going to ask the FoE Support Team a few questions inside of the Spoiler below. But please do not peek at the questions until you have read what is outside of the spoiler. I'm using the spoiler to obscure the questions for now, because I want everyone, but especially the members of the FoE support team, to experience the: "Duh, no kidding!" and "Derp, Why didn't we do that already?" emotional response that many people might experience after reading what my post is all about.

First, let me take time to acknowledge some "Fun Facts" about the FoE Wiki:
  1. Since its addition, the Foe Wiki has been constantly updated, where the support team continuously adds very useful information about the game of FoE. I've actually been particularly impressed with the number of screen shots embedded in some of the articles. Obviously, the FoE Support Team is trying make the Wiki a comprehensive resource for FoE players to refer to. As an example, every single new GE-themed special building, as well as the detailed goods costs for a guild to unlock GE level 4 are completely up-to-date on the Wiki; and, this was all updated before the announcement about these most recent GE changes was posted to the FoE Forum. In fact, the first GE week that will give players a chance to score these new buildings doesn't even start until Tuesday, but their stats are already shared in advance to wet the appetite. So I am quite serious and sincere when I say: Great job by the FoE Support Team! (However, I must also point out that the ToR Relic Table is out-of-date; but I'm sure you guys are still working on updating it and that will be fixed soon as well.)

2. I have also noticed that some announcements from the FoE Support Team, as well as some helpful forum posts from the FoE Support Team members are now starting to refer players more-and-more to Wiki Articles. Again, I am quite serious and sincere when I say: Great job by the FoE Support Team! Make the Wiki an awesome resource, link players to the specific sections that answers their questions, and expound in your forum post with any missing details, theory crafting, and so on — that's got to make a moderator's life a lot easier.

Now, with all of the above "Fun Facts" in mind, I want you to click the spoiler below, follow the steps I have suggested, and respond to my questions. I'm quite interested in hearing an excellent explanation from someone from the FoE Support Team about each question I raise. In fact, I dare say that every member of the FoE community, perhaps even the FoE support team, will agree with me!

Everyone, please keep in mind that it has now been 4 months (nearly to the day) that the official FoE Wiki has been online. So with that in mind, I want everyone reading this to do the following, which is what a new player who joins this game might be inclined to do at some point, if he or she was curious enough to want to learn more about how to play the game of FoE better:
  1. Open a new Browser Tab to forgeofempires.com. ← That is an active link you can click.

2. Once you are on the forgeofempires.com web page, click the Help menu at the top of that web page to see what helpful resources are available so that you can better learn you way around the game of FoE.

Q1: Why is the FoE Wiki, which is your best helpful resource (and it will only improve over time), not explicitly listed in this menu?

Q2: Why is the FoE Forum, which is also a darned helpful resource, not explicitly listed in this menu? Yes I know the player can drill down to get to where it eventually links to the forum, but it should be an item in the Help menu. Why make new players click more links than they really should need to, in order to get to where the real knowledge repositories actually are? The more links they must click to find the information they seek, the worse experience they have, the more likely they are to not play your game!

3. Scroll up to the top of this Forum page that you are reading right now, and see these tabs that run across the top of the page:
    Q3: Why is there no tab for the FoE Wiki, which is your best helpful resource (and it will only improve over time), listed in this area? Finding The Wiki is vastly more important to a player that finding you on social media is!

4. Without reading any other post of the FoE Forums, and without reading any old announcement posts on the Forge of Empires web page, try to find any reference at all that The FoE Wiki evens exists, much less find a link to it.

Q4: Why isn't the FoE Wiki, which is your best helpful resource (and it will only improve over time), advertised at all?

It appears that the FoE Support Team has assumed, that only active forum participants might care enough to use The FoE Wiki; and that it is just some reference to refer forum participants to from within a forum post.

FoE players have kept their own, player-driven Wikia web site going for several years now. Thousands of FoE players end up at that web site without ever having logged into the FoE forums at all! You guys really need to advertise the FoE Wiki in the places I've mentioned above. And if you think logically about it for even half a second, you'll agree that I'm correct.

You have this resource, which to all appearances you are working very hard to improve; however, no one can find this resource unless they already knew it was there. That is kind of working against yourself isn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27711

You are exaggerating and you are a liar. This didn't happen often at all. On top of that, they have been addressing this issue.

Don't click the Spoiler Yet!
Later in my post, I'm going to ask the FoE Support Team a few questions inside of the Spoiler....
I approve of your comments but LOL I pointed this out in Nov 2016. We are now half way through February 2017 and still not linked under Help on their website. IN FACT IT'S NOT EVEN LINKED IN THIS THREAD BY Panacea !!!

Some SEO needs to be done because it doesn't come up in Google as well. At least I couldn't find it through several pages.

Please place any comments, changes, or suggestions to the Wiki here. We appreciate your feedback.

The Forge of Empires Team
Madame, where is the link to this wiki?

PS --- came here looking for this link so I could give something to read to newer guild members...still looking for it o_O

Last edited by a moderator: