• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Venice Carnival Event

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Praetorius

A couple of thoughts on the new buildings... The Villa looks nice and I like having the new buildings in my city, at least for a while but it is horrifically under powered compared to a Zig. Having an 8 hour coin production doesn't make up for all the population that you lose. At least in my mind.

The Canal could have been are really cool addition to the game if they had made it a road. The 'did you know' talks about tiling them to make a Venice scene but how many people are going to do that? If they had made it a road with stats as good or maybe a little better than the premium road of an Age I bet a bunch of people would have tried to get enough to place a line of them in their cities.

Villa could have been good if it had been a 3x2 or 2x3 building and could have a place as a mini-ziggurat, but as is there is no reason I'd take a villa over a zigg for any reason.

The idea of a unique road for a prize is actually genius. Too bad Inno is unlikely to ever try that.

DeletedUser8420

The Canal could have been are really cool addition to the game if they had made it a road.

THAT would take someone with imagination, which the FOE devs seems to lack...Even their costumes used when announcing events are extremely lame...they look as if some 3rd grader threw them together... so don't expect them to come up with anything new and unique. As evidenced in using the soccer format for this event...

But I have to say thus far, I took a chance on the 700 rose chest and got 1 canal, 1 villa, and 2 masquerade balls and of course 1 BP...stopped when I got the BP...

Nice to have but they will sit in my inventory for x amount of time until either I get some expansions to plop them on or decide to delete something...right now I like my city as is so they may sit for a while. I know it is do not suggest, but at least with the event buildings it would be nice to be able to rotate them 180 degrees. For instance the balls facing front to back would make it look as if the dance floor was twice as large. The same with the soccer fields and soccer stands, the stands could face each other. But again this would take some imagination on the parts of the devs and that is something they seem to sorely lack.

DeletedUser28503

The event has worked well for me except a few times it seemed to lag and i dropped some roses on one I already won, but I guess its to be expected some from a multi user event. I have seen a few times my number of roses disappear like when i had over 11 it showed the number and after a couple hot contested runs the bar was full but no number.
I do think the sok 5% chance doesn't appear to work like before but hey thats how chances work some times. 5% seems low to me and then it was packaged next to 3 items i have no use for so after 10,000 hearts dropped and not 1 sok I was a little disappointed.
So for me this isn't the worse event but not the best either.

JC

DeletedUser28503

Don't they test these ideas in beta and use players feedback as to possible tweaks?
They use to but even if the users complain they still go live lately. I think they are hoping for more feedback like the old days but they need to accept that with each suggestion complaint or glitch dropped these hardcore players stopped giving feedback.

Volodya

I see some players in my hood getting over 1000 heart payouts and I have no idea how because I never see my hearts for the 5% try go over around 150. I wonder if there is a bug on the mobile version?

Most likely, they're playing late at night or early AM when the competition is low. The winner probably contributed most or all of the hearts themselves.

DeletedUser20367

Don't they test these ideas in beta and use players feedback as to possible tweaks?

They do and occasionally will make some minor changes. I wish that I'd had the road idea while the Event was on Beta. Doubt that it would have made a difference but hope springs eternal. :D

DeletedUser8420

spnnr post: 131539 said:
AHHHH, you are so naïve....yes they test on beta...no they don't listen to feedback ....that has been confirmed numerous times.

DeletedUser26154

Most likely, they're playing late at night or early AM when the competition is low. The winner probably contributed most or all of the hearts themselves.

This is true.
My one big giant jackpot, the one that won me Top Casanova, was mostly from me playing dozens of roses and winning it myself.

silly.png

And I think this one above is just silly.

Praetorius

This event is just plain mediocre no matter how you slice it.

The soccer event was..alright. But this time they threw everything that was good with the soccer event out the window and just ran it into the ground with their BS money-grab tactics.

DeletedUser8420

View attachment 2608

I'd say you did pretty well on the chests considering how many Masquerade Balls you won.
yeah, I am surprised at it but then luck ran out and started getting Bps and on roses had used 11 roses even bought 5 more and what happened....just as I was about to click....someone at the last moment clicked in and he...santa pic... TOOK MY HEARTS.....GRRRRRRRRRRR

ok, hunting that santa....kids look away ....do not peek at what is about to happen to that santa...he is a fake santa...not the real one so do not worry about next Christmas....now....

Santa...here santa, I have prezie for you....muahahahahahah

DeletedUser26154

I plan ahead and I have many supply production buildings.
I got 250 bonus roses from a diamond package.
And I also bought roses for diamonds so I can complete the quests faster and win jackpots.

I'm very close to getting my second [Hearts for Medals] expansion.
With enough saved up for a Champion's Retreat when it comes around again.
Anything else on top of those winnings is gravy.

DeletedUser27096

I plan ahead and I have many supply production buildings.
I got 250 bonus roses from a diamond package.
And I also bought roses for diamonds so I can complete the quests faster and win jackpots.

I'm very close to getting my second [Hearts for Medals] expansion.
With enough saved up for a Champion's Retreat when it comes around again.
Anything else on top of those winnings is gravy.
Wow, rock on!

DeletedUser26660

If anyone wants to try and get the high score wait til the hearts are high

I found the best way to try and get the large amounts of hearts is to wait until they running total is close to 1k, then I activated the double bonus and used the roses I already had plus I bought a few too. Trick is to keep going if you can afford to do that and you will hit the large heart reward. But whether you do buy roses or not I wouldn't personally participate in the 5% option until the total was up close to 1k because for me the reward has to be significant enough to warrant the gamble.

My hood hearts total was at 1480 short while ago so I did what I mentioned above, I activated the double bonus and used the 5 roses I had, I then spent 110 diamonds to buy 11 more roses. It only took 7 of those roses to hit the jackpot of 1600 hearts so this method does work well if you can jump in at the right time and are prepared to spend some diamonds.