• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Venice Carnival Event

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser4770

And as always - remember to give us your feedback here! We enjoy your comments and suggestions.

Yours,
Forge of Empires Team

Algona

Looking forward to another Fine Event. Hopefully no searching the wilderness for Roses, Hearts, Apples, Eggs or anything else? Please?

DeletedUser27889

Hopefully no searching the wilderness for Roses, Hearts, Apples, Eggs or anything else? Please?
I loved hunting for the apples =p

I'm quite looking forward to this event. I know the soccer event wasn't liked by many but I found it the most fun. I do hope that from the beta they have decided to allow us to keep our rose/heart whichever the 'shot' equivalent is this go around in inventory like they did with soccer. Wouldn't be nearly as much fun/addicting if you're not checking to see how high your hood has gotten the prize then use all you've saved to try and snipe it... Of course only to end up watching someone else win, but fun none the less.

DeletedUser27040

Mostly agreed Manda, though I hated the apple hunt...

In addition to rose packs I hope they added the rose timer as well. I know that was coming, but it never made it in before the event on Beta ended.

DeletedUser27040

Being partially colorblind with terrible eyesight, the apple hunt wasn't a favorite for me. It was cute at first; then annoying. I eventually learned where all the spawn points were, but kept having to reload the game to force the game to render them. Plus having to keep track of how many trees were planted via my event log vs how many I had found was very tedious. I like the concept of it, but the execution was lacking. If they had an option to switch the apples so they looked more like the tickets from the Summer Event, then I would have been all for it.

As to the rose timer, what about Rose Tinted Goggles? =p (sorry it's early and I haven't had any coffee yet.)

DeletedUser5111

Here was the list of quests for Beta. (at least how they were when I completed them)

1) Give a rose and Gather 1500 Coins and 1500 Supplies, 5 Roses
2) Give 5 roses and Build a Decoration from your age or two from the previous age, 50 Hearts
3) Give 6 roses and Spend 10 Forge Points, 5 Roses
4) Give 7 roses and finish an 8 hour production 6 times, 55 hearts
5) Give 8 roses and gather 25 goods, 5 Roses
6) Give 9 roses and Polish or Motivate 20 buildings, 60 hearts
7) Give 10 roses and buy 4 FP, 5 roses
8) Give 11 roses and recruit 3 units from your current age or 4 units from the previous age, 65 hearts
9) Give 12 roses and finish a 24 hour production 4 times, 5 roses
10) Give 13 roses and build a cultural building from your age or two from the previous age, 70 hearts
11) Give 14 roses and make each of the 6 productions in your production buildings, 5 roses.
12) Give 15 roses and gather 30 goods, 75 hearts.
13) Give 16 roses and infiltrate 4 sectors, 5 roses.
14) Give 17 roses and conquer a sector with your units or gather 90 goods, 80 hearts.
15) Give 18 roses and spend 11 forge points, 5 roses.
16) Give 19 roses and finish an 8 hour production 7 times, 85 hearts.
17) Give 20 roses and finish a 15 minute production 15 times, 5 roses.
18) Give 21 roses and finish a 24 hour production 4 times, 90 hearts.
19) Give 21 roses and gather 40 goods, 5 roses.
20) Give 22 roses and delete 3 units from your age or 5 units from the previous age, 95 hearts.
21) Give 22 roses and scout a province, 5 roses.
22) Give 23 roses and finish an 8 hour production 8 times, 100 hearts.
23) Give 23 roses and build 3 residential buildings from your age or 4 from the previous age, 5 roses.
24) Give 24 roses and acquire a sector without fighting, 105 hearts.
25) Give 24 roses and buy 6 FP, 5 roses.
26) Give 25 roses and finish a 24 hour production 4 times, 110 hearts.
Final Reward: Masquerade Ball and 1 gender specific profile

DeletedUser27889

I'm assuming they're delaying this due to all the game issues happening. Usually the events begin at midnight eastern from what I've seen and it's well past. Curious how long they will delay it for. I suppose it's for the best with so many people having a hard time playing at all.

DeletedUser27040

Agreed. Actually it was originally supposed to roll out on the 7th; then it was updated to the 8th and has yet to roll out. Hopefully they can get the server issues fixed and get everything rolling. The other question this raises is will the event be extended accordingly? Every delay makes it a bit harder for folks to finish the quest line and bank hearts for items they want. Shouldn't be an issue, but the servers are...unreliable at best.

Lucifer1904

So far it has only affected MT K. It gave me a disconnect, I logged out, and went to go back in and said "this world is currently being updated try again later"

DeletedUser27889

I really could understand if they have decided to delay what I can't understand is why they wont announce what their plans are. Are we supposed to just keep checking all day? I figured with the hourly rose thing you're going to want to empty the counter asap so you can earn more, which is what I'm sure most players are trying to do, catch it early. I wish they would just care enough about the players to give us a heads up.

DeletedUser25444

I really could understand if they have decided to delay what I can't understand is why they wont announce what their plans are. Are we supposed to just keep checking all day? I figured with the hourly rose thing you're going to want to empty the counter asap so you can earn more, which is what I'm sure most players are trying to do, catch it early. I wish they would just care enough about the players to give us a heads up.

Well they are mainly based in Germany, time difference and all. It's only 6 am here. Who knows. I was all ready to go with the first few quests this morning. Ah well