• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Venice Carnival Event

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser27889

Well they are mainly based in Germany, time difference and all. It's only 6 am here.
Every other event or questline I can recall has clicked in (for me) at 12 am. I am in eastern time zone. I believe their US server is also on eastern. Currently it is 8:17 eastern.

DeletedUser25444

Every other event or questline I can recall has clicked in (for me) at 12 am. I am in eastern time zone. I believe their US server is also on eastern. Currently it is 8:17 eastern.

Oh I know. I was mostly replying to them not announcing anything. I think it weird too.

DeletedUser27889

Oh I know. I was mostly replying to them not announcing anything. I think it weird too.
Ah I misunderstood. Perhaps it's the time difference. Though I would think if they decided to delay the event for another day or two or even indefinitely, it would have only taken a moment after they made that decision to pass that info on so it could get to us. We shall see.

DeletedUser28365

Would love to play the event, but servers only seem to be up 2 to 3 hours a day. Makes it kind of hard to play it. :-(

Algona

Two gripes so far, I'm sure I'll find more later.

Beneath the Planet of the BBAOD! The sequel you were not waiting for! I laughed, I cried, I dookied my pants.

Seriously. resetting the Rose Timer to 60 minutes when you win Roses to put you up to or over 10 kinda sucks.

EDIT: Third Gripe: Buying Rose Window. The caption says buy 1 Rose, the picture shows 2 Roses. The other pictures and captions are off as well. Also, who buys 11 Roses?

Last edited:

DeletedUser27040

I like the theme and Casanova is an interesting quest giver. Non-time delayed quests are awesome and the final reward looks very elegant. However, I do have a couple of initial observations:

- Direct rose rewards for completing quests instead of rose packs (bouquets?) is frustrating and disappointing. What's with the trend toward direct points over packs these days? Being awarded shot packs in the football (soccer) event was far better for a number of reasons.

- The rose reward in the chest is way too low. 750 hearts for a 20% chance of winning 7 roses that are guaranteed to win me 70 hearts, but could be 0 if I get rejected by the higher paying masks...that doesn't even come close to adding up. I'd say remove the roses and replace with another item/kit or put hearts in there instead, say up to 80% of the chest value, so 350-600 hearts. The apple event at least awarded you with enough to open another chest if you "missed."

Lucifer1904

I like the theme and Casanova is an interesting quest giver. Non-time delayed quests are awesome and the final reward looks very elegant. However, I do have a couple of initial observations:

- Direct rose rewards for completing quests instead of rose packs (bouquets?) is frustrating and disappointing. What's with the trend toward direct points over packs these days? Being awarded shot packs in the football (soccer) event was far better for a number of reasons.

- The rose reward in the chest is way too low. 750 hearts for a 20% chance of winning 7 roses that are guaranteed to win me 70 hearts, but could be 0 if I get rejected by the higher paying masks. That doesn't even come close to adding up. I'd say remove the roses and replace with another item/kit or put hearts in there instead, say up to 80% of the chest value, so 350-600 hearts. The apple event at least awarded you with enough to open another chest if you "missed."
I already played the entire quest series. I won the end building without finishing the quests. It is basically a nice looking and animated bazaar.

DeletedUser4760

One thing that bothers me about this and every other Quest is that they tell you that there are new buildings, and this time, they showed the buildings and gave their sizes, but they do not tell you what they DO...one is a production building...what does it produce?? the residential building...how many people and coins?? The do not tell you in the announcement, and the new buildings are not in the Forum Guides section either.

I just wish that they would give you the FULL specs of any new buildings.

DeletedUser8152

One thing that bothers me about this and every other Quest is that they tell you that there are new buildings, and this time, they showed the buildings and gave their sizes, but they do not tell you what they DO...one is a production building...what does it produce?? the residential building...how many people and coins?? The do not tell you in the announcement, and the new buildings are not in the Forum Guides section either.

I just wish that they would give you the FULL specs of any new buildings.
When I hover over the building on the reward screen, it provides the full specs. Maybe you are on mobile and it doesn't work there?
At any rate, all the buildings stats are on the wiki:
https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=Masquerade_Ball