• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Venice Carnival Event

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser24389

Just another recycle of an old, poorly planned event. ANY event that requires 750 roses, hearts etc. minimum will screw you at the end. The final offering to "buy" is usually extremely high and not having 4000 hearts to acquire that final prize nor 750 roses to open one last chest, etc. means you get stuck with 749, or less, items you spent days to find, win or otherwise have. I got burned last year in all four worlds I play. :(
VERY frustrating and a GOOD reason to boycott this event, although that doesn't punish them for their poorly conceived event it just means you get left out and lose interest (and stop buying any diamonds) in the basic game.
I HATE THIS EVENT FORMAT !!!!!!

DeletedUser11944

What do you want for nothing? Your money back?
Buy Diamonds, they can go on vaca in the Swiss alps and we can sit here and piss and moan.

DeletedUser20367

The 7 rose 'prize' in the chest is actually an upgrade. It started as 5 roses on Beta.

wolfhoundtoo

Just another recycle of an old, poorly planned event. ANY event that requires 750 roses, hearts etc. minimum will screw you at the end. The final offering to "buy" is usually extremely high and not having 4000 hearts to acquire that final prize nor 750 roses to open one last chest, etc. means you get stuck with 749, or less, items you spent days to find, win or otherwise have. I got burned last year in all four worlds I play. :(
VERY frustrating and a GOOD reason to boycott this event, although that doesn't punish them for their poorly conceived event it just means you get left out and lose interest (and stop buying any diamonds) in the basic game.
I HATE THIS EVENT FORMAT !!!!!!

It is a free to play event. go ahead and 'boycott' it by not playing it but then you don't get a chance at winning stuff for free. If you don't find it fun then don't do it.

P.S. Boycott implies that you spent diamonds on it. :confused:

ITown

Well, can't say that I'm wild about the prize options. Average cost of 15,000 hearts to win one SoK.

DeletedUser6120

And as always - remember to give us your feedback here! We enjoy your comments and suggestions.

Yours,
Forge of Empires Team

Really enjoying the Venice Carnival event! (SO much better than the soccer event) I love the beauty, color and romance of the motif, and the special event buildings are gorgeous! The Masquerade ball is not only beautiful, but the animation is fantastic and just adds to how nice it is. I was glad to see that the reward at the end of the event will be the Masquerade ball building---that is excellent in my opinion. The cost in hearts to buy the masquerade ball is very high, and many players will probably not get that many hearts accumulated. But this way everyone who finishes the event questline will be rewarded with the masquerade ball, so it allows everyone to enjoy the event. Although this event uses the same mechanics as the soccer event, it is so much more attractive and imaginative.

DeletedUser25166

Scout, conquer territory. Can't think of any thing new huh? I'm on PME map and just got into ME, so these quests will suck

bomber9530

Like the event so far for the most part. Only 2 "complaints". Don't like that the timer resets after the reward roses are added in. It should pause like the FP timer that you finally fixed. Also, I liked the neighborhood prizes from (I think) the Apple event, where once the whole neighborhood spent a certain amount of apples, everyone in the hood got a prize. Would have been nice to see that here too with the spending of roses. Although I guess one can argue that the increase of hearts from other player's tries substitute such a reward... But its not the same.

DeletedUser26154

Also, I liked the neighborhood prizes from (I think) the Apple event

I'm winning more apples than ever before!

images.jpg

Save your hearts for when a nice prize or chest comes around.
I saw an All Shrines Chest already.
When you have a pile of hearts and a nice chest or prize comes, make some attempts.

It's free stuff no matter what.

You get most of your roses from the timer.
So you don't need to do the quests.
There is no mandatory conquer quest from what I can see.
So that's a lot easier.
Looks like there will always be a scouting quest.
I think we can live with that.

DeletedUser27889

It goes up to 11.
I don't think that is correct... You will stop accumulating hourly ones at 11 but I have had more than 11 on there. I can't find any info on what the max is. I'm assuming since they did away with them in packs they had to have set it decently high. I would assume 100 like the FP bar?

DeletedUser8152

OK you are right, I might have misinterpreted the question.

Stonehenge-replica.png

Last edited by a moderator: