• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Oceanic Future- Part 1 Feedback

DeletedUser8152

Promethium, It seems to be a waste of space, and time and resources. Tech tree use - yeah ok - and used in 4th LVL GE (which I find also a waste of resources for the available rewards) I'm sitting on 7K of promethium and quit mining - so what else is the purpose? No clue on OF?
I think it will continue the same. My thought is to try to make just enough promethium for the tech tree and whatever negotiations you do. And then just ignore the harbor until more tech comes out.

DeletedUser17122

To Inno, From a Very Experienced Player who has played the game for several years,

Top 10 ways to improve Forge of Empires (in no particular order),

1. Fix the lag issues and bugs! GVG for instance, is nearly unplayable for some players. Calculation time is WAY TOO LAGGY for EVERYONE! Fix the BUGS!!!

2. LESS EVENTS per year. 4 major events per year is enough. Creating new events is NOT improving the game or our desire to play the game more. After someone has seen 4 or 5 of these events they start becoming repetitive and boring, that they are becoming the laughing stock for long term players. Different questlines, different rewards, different objectives....and stop creating a new event or historical quest line EVERY time I log in!!! If these events are truly making you money...We can live with them, but at least stop making them so repetitive.

3. Many players want something NEW in GVG. Different tactics or strategies. Let us make alliances with other guilds and fight together or create fortifications we can put on our sectors. GVG needs improvements, however must of us would just settle with making it LAG LESS!!

4. Your time working on this game is important to us, so PLEASE use your time efficiently! Stop making USELESS special Buildings and Great Buildings. How many people really put "Reindeer Sleighs" , "Scarecrows" or "Winter Gates" in their city? How about Colosseum or Voyager Great Buildings? I would bet that less 20 percent of players have this junk in their city, so why waste your time making stuff that MOST of us aren't EVER going to use?

5. FIND A USE FOR AF AND OCEANIC TREASURY DONATIONS!! Cmon, you have ruined many guilds strategies by making these goods useless!

6. Stop being so repetitive with the fighting units! Create units that actually matter! A new "rogue" or champion type unit needs to be added to fighting. Don't just add a few attack defense points and a new design and say that its a Brand New unit. Drummers were a good attempt, just too weak for higher ages.

7. Create MEANINGFUL rewards to the game. Maybe you can create passive bonuses for major achievements or milestones in the game. Maybe If you win 50,000 battles you get a 1 percent increase in attack defense? If you ever crack the top 100 in ranks on your server maybe you get the choice of a 1 percent reduction in goods production times or a 1 percent reduction in troop production time? You could even add these passive bonuses to your recent addition of "achievement badges." I would only add passive bonuses to the major ones though. The easier achievements should either not get bonuses or get something like coins or medals.

8. Great job on the Friends Tavern, but lets make the stuff in the shop more useful or more fun!! Some of the things in the shop are way to expensive or worthless all together to many players. Perhaps add more unlockable items to make our Tavern or Cities more unique? This would be make the game more fun even if the items for purchase didn't effect the game except for visual appearance. Maybe for 20k silver I could get a unique statue or MY GUILD Flag on top of my town hall or maybe I could make my tavern have a pub with a jukebox in the background??

9. LESS CLICKING!!! Yes we want to play your game. We don't need to click 10000 times a day to play it! We don't like clicking through 15 Recurring quests to get to the one we want to accomplish! We don't like clicking hundreds of players to aid everyone....and now with the tavern addition...we click even more to sit at taverns! LESS LESS LESS Clicking!!!

10. Finally, BE REAL WITH THE PLAYERS!!! Stop avoiding the players with real questions and concerns about the game. Some of the topics I mentioned above have been issues for YEARS!!! Give us truthful answers and not "we will look into that" or we are trying to fix that" and then two years pass by with no fix (GVG lag and AF treasury goods for example). If you cant fix it for some reason, tell us the truth and tell us why there is a problem fixing it, or give us some sort of an alternative. DON'T JUST BLOW OFF THE CONCERNS!!!

Thank you for your time.

Stineamite from Noarsil.

DeletedUser13838

6. Stop being so repetitive with the fighting units! Create units that actually matter! A new "rogue" or champion type unit needs to be added to fighting. Don't just add a few attack defense points and a new design and say that its a Brand New unit. Drummers were a good attempt, just too weak for higher ages.
They gave us drummers and color guards. Next up are hall monitors.

DeletedUser27051

With all the complaints from users about the way Inno has decided to roll out AF and OF I'm glad I decided to take the "squatting" route. I would really like to be in a high aged era but with so many complaints falling on deaf ears it will certainly be a long time.

DeletedUser5504

I have to agree with all of the negative feedback. I am extremely disappointed in the lack of value AF goods have in the treasury. All-Ages is still a joke on the GvG map and still nothing new for OF?!? Guess I'll be sitting in AF for another 6 months. :(
And there is still the matter of the ridiculous attack and defense boosts to level 4 GE. Can anyone here actually win an 8 vs16 battle against a 250% attack/defense boost?!? If so, can i borrow some of those thousands of diamonds your throwing into the game?
And the only repeatables anyone does are The Spink, Fnord and Unbirthday. Please stop making me click though more crap.

DeletedUser28505

I think this is a great new addition with great artwork and interesting new possibilities.

DeletedUser8152

All-Ages is still a joke on the GvG map and still nothing new for OF?!?
They said explicitly that AA would be the last map, and they wouldn't do separate maps for further ages. So like it or not, this should not be a surprise.

DeletedUser28505

The artwork is beautiful. I'd go so far as to define it as a work of art, not to be too bold or put too fine a point on it.

The possibilities for adjusted and differently scaled gameplay are enormous for the strategic thinkers.

DeletedUser17122

The possibilities for adjusted and differently scaled gameplay are enormous for the strategic thinkers.

You must work for Inno or something. The artwork and animation in the game is mediocre at best. Adjusted and differently scaled gameplay? What are you talking about?

DeletedUser6480

What is the concern about promethium? Obviously it is used for the tech tree, is there a reason for anything else?

Also, in OF does promethium production switch to requiring OF goods?
We are going to need OF goods lets use a lower era/age goods.

DeletedUser17122

Here is the list of the 15 CRAPPY recurring quests that will be a pain to scroll through.

Also, 500k Supplies and Coins for the Unbirthday quest???? THAT IS WAYYYY TOO MUCH!!! I sure hope the rewards are doubled since the cost of the Unbirtday Quest was doubled from Arctic Future!!!

/
1. Gather 1,500,000 supplies
2. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times <----WE DONT NEED 3 of these!!!
3. Spend 139 fp <----PLEASE make this an even 100 or 200 Can we please have both!!!
4. Gain 16,000 happiness <----WAY TOO HIGH....DELETE
5. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times <----WE DONT NEED 3 of these!!!
6. Gather 1,000,000 coins
7. Have 4 eels, have 4 CRABS <----WE DONT NEED 3 of these!!!
8. Have 20,000 population available
9. Pay 500,000 coins, pay 500,000 supplies <-----Lower these values to 350k or less each, much more reasonable
10. Research 2 technologies
11. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times <----WE DONT NEED 3 of these!!!
12. Have less than 42 population available
13. Buy 5 forge points
14. Have 4 eels and have 4 Sub Cruiser <----WE DONT NEED 3 of these!!!
15. Have 4 CRAB and have 4 Sub Cruiser <----WE DONT NEED 3 of these!!!

DeletedUser26965

Here is the list of the 15 CRAPPY recurring quests that will be a pain to scroll through.

Also, 500k Supplies and Coins for the Unbirthday quest???? THAT IS WAYYYY TOO MUCH!!! I sure hope the rewards are doubled since the cost of the Unbirtday Quest was doubled from Arctic Future!!!

/
2. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times <----WE DONT NEED 3 of these!!!
3. Spend 139 fp <----PLEASE make this an even 100 or 200 Can we please have both!!!
5. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times <----WE DONT NEED 3 of these!!!
9. Pay 500,000 coins, pay 500,000 supplies <-----Lower these values to 350k or less each, much more reasonable
11. In a production building finish 24-hour production 6 times <----WE DONT NEED 3 of these!!!
13. Buy 5 forge points
You should post the AF ones for comparison.

DeletedUser26965

I think he's just being a troll that is oblivious to the player's frustration.
Unfortunately I find many of his posts coming off as disingenuous praise of inno in an attempt to goad the people who complain about inno, typical forum behavior, I prefer constructive, useful helpful posts myself but also get sucked in from time to time.

qaccy

/
13. Buy 5 forge points

By and large, repeatable quests have remained unchanged since the Bronze Age. The costs to complete them increase as you advance in age. Why is this a problem?

In addition, The quests that ask for you to 'have' something don't appear if you've already above the requirement beforehand. Quests that ask you to 'have' X amount of military units are even more skittish and don't appear if you have more than 2 of a required unit. Taking these facts into account, that means that a player who focuses on repeatable quests is likely going to only have a list of 9-11 (the research quest will eventually disappear and they'll likely see only one of the population quests - are these two even actually recurring?), not 15.

As a final point, the 24-hour production quests, while seeming redundant, are merely a more convenient way of handling a recurring quest that's, again, been available since the early ages. The big difference is that rather than requiring building-specific productions, it's been simplified to merely requiring a 24-hour production. Not even age-specific? If that's actually correct those 'annoying' quests sound like a pretty free way to get some OF goods using blacksmiths. And having it appear multiple times in the list means it's possible to complete more than one quest at a time as well.

Looking at your other post, it sounds like you kinda just want to dumb the game down. I'll concede that GvG definitely has issues with performance, but that's the only part I'll agree with. Treasury goods have enough of a use. Think about it like this - if the Arc, Atomium, and Observatory weren't in the game pumping hundreds of free goods into guild treasuries every day, how would those numbers look? This is what Inno designs the game around. GB goods are essentially a bonus that's grown extremely out of control, mainly due to how powerful the Arc is. If I were to hazard I guess, I'd say that's a contributor to why they 'stopped' adding new GvG maps, in order to curb the advantage a bunch of high-level Arcs give a guild in GvG compared to a guild that doesn't have them. To highlight this issue using another part of the game, Inno could start having technologies require thousands of FP apiece because there are players with tons of SoKs in their cities and large FP banks in their inventories. Would that be fair to the far larger percentage of players who don't have those resources?

Unfortunately, regarding the 'clicking issue', that's just the nature of the beast with a browser game like this. Or heck, just PC gaming in general. But if you think aiding people now is bad, you must not have played when you had to actually visit each person's city and click on a building in order to help them. 5-10 minutes is a lot less time than 2 hours, let me tell you!

Ugh, looking back I think I made this post too long...I almost sound like Stevie.

DeletedUser8152

Looking at your other post, it sounds like you kinda just want to dumb the game down. I'll concede that GvG definitely has issues with performance, but that's the only part I'll agree with. Treasury goods have enough of a use. Think about it like this - if the Arc, Atomium, and Observatory weren't in the game pumping hundreds of free goods into guild treasuries every day, how would those numbers look? This is what Inno designs the game around. GB goods are essentially a bonus that's grown extremely out of control, mainly due to how powerful the Arc is. If I were to hazard I guess, I'd say that's a contributor to why they 'stopped' adding new GvG maps, in order to curb the advantage a bunch of high-level Arcs give a guild in GvG compared to a guild that doesn't have them.
It's still pretty harsh to render one of your GBs (the atomium) effectively useless without warning. What would be your opinion if one morning they changed the St Marks to provide an HMA-level fixed coin production rather than a boost? (And furthermore, offered elliptical suggestions that they might change it back again in the future?)