• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

DeletedUser26154

The time has come...

Proposal
Remove All Forge Point Packs from the game.

Current System
Players are able to save FP packs in their inventory.

Details
Remove all Forge Point Packs in time for Changelog 1.98
Any Forge Points players earn from G.B. contributions, etc, go straight to their FP bar.

Abuse Prevention
I feel that this will end the massive FP abuse thoughtful, spend-thrift players engage in when planning ahead.

Visual Aids

headstone pic.png

Conclusion
It's for everyone's good.

DeletedUser26549

Ardak, I never thought this day would come my friend but...I disagree with this one. I don't see why it would hurt you or anyone else if someone else wants to save up their own fps for whatever they want to use them for in the future of their own game.. How will it make the game play better for everyone else?

DeletedUser26549

I don't believe that Ardak is being entirely sincere here...
Oh ok, lol, I thought this was a serious proposal. I still get fp packages and I save them until I actually find something worth investing in, which is usually buying goods from the market. When you are one of the only ones of your own age in a guild, sometimes you have to use a lot of fps to get goods you need. :)

DeletedUser26965

I don't believe that Ardak is being entirely sincere here...
True but Inno does want more gameflow and the only way to do that realistically is to put an end to packs altogether. Poor recurring questers, I feel bad for them if this ever really does happen.

DeletedUser28738

The time has come...

Abuse Prevention
I feel that this will end the massive FP abuse thoughtful, spend-thrift players engage in when planning ahead..

I, too, am tired of players who use strategy and foresight to make the game more interesting and profitable for themselves. Count me in!

DeletedUser28738

True but Inno does want more gameflow and the only way to do that realistically is to put an end to packs altogether. Poor recurring questers, I feel bad for them if this ever really does happen.

I would actually like to know how you define 'gameflow', it's a term I haven't heard before.

DeletedUser28738

Actually the words were "...a more constant flow of forge points through the game..."

Thank you for the link, I am reading it now. Can I ask your perspective again?
How does a forge point package limit the flow of forge points through the game? From my observations it is the accumulation and movement of forge points which is the only remaining aspect of gameplay for higher age players. They just wait til they have a more significant amount of forge points. Cause they're ballers.

DeletedUser26965

Thank you for the link, I am reading it now. Can I ask your perspective again?
How does a forge point package limit the flow of forge points through the game? From my observations it is the accumulation and movement of forge points which is the only remaining aspect of gameplay for higher age players. They just wait til they have a more significant amount of forge points. Cause they're ballers.
People stay behind in age for two reasons; to level great buildings and to do recurring quests, both build up forge points in the bank, both are an incentive for players to stay in an age for months. Now, I don't know exactly what Inno is thinking or what data they are seeing that is telling them it would be a good idea to start replacing packs with the bar. If it's people staying behind in age for so long to do recurring quests, which I'm betting is the case, then if they remove recurring quest packs that would seem to me to be an incentive to not stay behind for those anymore and people would be advancing and the forge points would be flowing to the tech tree. It seems less likely to me it's the massive amounts of packs building up in banks from GB investing that is causing this concern because that is mostly from end game or close to end game players and they are spending thousands of forge points on other peoples GB's so the fp's are certainly flowing there.

DeletedUser28738

People stay behind in age for two reasons; to level great buildings and to do recurring quests, both build up forge points in the bank, both are an incentive for players to stay in an age for months. Now, I don't know exactly what Inno is thinking or what data they are seeing that is telling them it would be a good idea to start replacing packs with the bar. If it's people staying behind in age for so long to do recurring quests, which I'm betting is the case, then if they remove recurring quest packs that would seem to me to be an incentive to not stay behind for those anymore and people would be advancing and the forge points would be flowing to the tech tree. It seems less likely to me it's the massive amounts of packs building up in banks from GB investing that is causing this concern because that is mostly from end game or close to end game players and they are spending thousands of forge points on other peoples GB's so the fp's are certainly flowing there.
Ok. Thank you. I guess where I keep misunderstanding the logic comes from what we are assuming is INNO's perspective on ideal game play.
It would seem to me that anything which motivated players to continue playing the game month after month, year after year, would be the primary objective. This game appeals to me, specifically, because we're not all shuffled along to play the game exactly the same way as each other. Leveling Great Buildings is the reason I remain in the game, not just the reason I remain in an age. Additionally, blueprints for higher-age great buildings are the primary thing I spend diamonds on.
At this point I should probably find a more appropriate thread to read up on other people's thoughts and theories. Thank you for indulging me!

DeletedUser26965

I guess where I keep misunderstanding the logic comes from what we are assuming is INNO's perspective on ideal game play.
We get such limited filtered information it's impossible to know with any certainty, this is all was said in the announcements;

Feb 6, 2017
"We replaced Forge Point Packages with direct Forge Points in Treasure Hunt and in Premium Packages."
Changelog 1.94

Feb 12, 2017
"Forge Points - direct Forge Points that are added to your stock instantly."
Guild Expedition- New Rewards

That's it. That's all that was said. Then there's the comment by Darkstar

Jan 31, 2017
"The decision to change the package rewards to direct Forge Points is because we prefer to see a more constant flow of forge points through the game, rather than them being stockpiled into infinity. (Also in general on the UI side we think it's more understandable when there's only being one method of storing Forge Points - the Forge Points bar.)"

Don't worry, no changes currently planned for the handling of the Great Building rewards, we realize that's a bit of a different situation."

Then there was a comment by Panacea
Feb 12, 2017
We discovered that adding even more Forge Points to the inventories (which are already filled up with packages from Great Building contribution) slows the game down. That's why Forge Points from the Expedition map rewards will be now added directly to the Forge Points bar. This will allow for a more direct action (instant contribution or research and progress) as well as simplification of use. Please note that there are no plans to change the behavior of the GB contribution rewards at this time.

Now how does the few packs we could get from Treasure Hunt and GE possibly slow the game down? Let's compare the two different types of players I mentioned, not always mutually exclusive I realize. Those who sit in ages for months collecting packs from recurring quests, whether or not they get packs from GE and Treasure Hunt makes no difference to them, they are going to stay back in age anyway. The GB leveler, and not the little guy either I doubt he's got a bank filled up, were talking about the players who can thrown a couple thousand on a gb like it's nothing, you think their game is really affected by Treasure Hunt and GE packs? ah, no lol.

So really who is going to be sped up in their game play by this? Nobody, it makes no sense. The only way it can possibly make sense is if they remove packs from recurring quests and GB's. However they don't want to just drop that bomb on people so the slow boil began by first giving you fp's from GE relics to the bar, then Friends Tavern fp's for the bar, then Treasure Hunt and in Premium Packages to the bar, then GE treasure packs to the bar, then...Forge Points: The End of Packs

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28738

We get such limited filtered information it's impossible to know with any certainty, this is all was said in the announcements; etc... etc...
Thank you very much for all the answers and information. I have some reading to do before I can contribute any more to this topic, but thanks for getting me started in the right direction!

DeletedUser26549

I am starting to understand what the complaint or concern is about forge point packages, when it comes to what other players are doing. But, I'd like to know how does this affect everyone else's game play? Is it just an annoying thing to those who don't like fp packages being stock piled, or is it an actual issue that will dramatically affect someone elses game play? It's kind of like a bank and paychecks. One could simply get their paycheck weekly, spend it as soon as they get it, or they can put it into the bank and let it build up until they find something worth investing in. I'm confused but want to understand how eliminating the fp packages would make it easier or better for everyone in this entire game of all ages and for those who have unique plans and ideas for their own cities, blueprints, great buildings and such.

DeletedUser26154

Is it just an annoying thing to those who don't like fp packages being stock piled, or is it an actual issue that will dramatically affect someone elses game play?

Two major issues I can think of, outside of lag:

One, the FP issue with the Arc Contribution bonus and Sniping GB top spots.

The other, and more important issue, is related to the new neighborhood system in place.
A player can quickly progress an era or two in a day with stockpiled FPs and goods.

That means you start off in, for example, a Progressive Era neighborhood.
Then you burn stockpiled goods and FPs.
Now 24 hours later you are in Modern or Postmodern... with Progressive Era neighbors.
For at least a month or two.
I'm already seeing people do that in my hood.

They start in one era.

download (5).jpg

The next day they are so far advanced in the next era, they already have military buildings out.

This is why FP packs will, eventually, be completely eliminated from the game.
It's not a matter of if.
It's a matter of when.

I don't like the idea of a hurricane coming.
I'm not gonna support the idea of a hurricane coming.

fb06c2e0c868c37619eb807976bb212e.png

But I will get my house, property and family ready for it's imminent, and unstoppable arrival.

DeletedUser26965

I am starting to understand what the complaint or concern is about forge point packages, when it comes to what other players are doing. But, I'd like to know how does this affect everyone else's game play? Is it just an annoying thing to those who don't like fp packages being stock piled, or is it an actual issue that will dramatically affect someone elses game play? It's kind of like a bank and paychecks. One could simply get their paycheck weekly, spend it as soon as they get it, or they can put it into the bank and let it build up until they find something worth investing in. I'm confused but want to understand how eliminating the fp packages would make it easier or better for everyone in this entire game of all ages and for those who have unique plans and ideas for their own cities, blueprints, great buildings and such.
Two major issues I can think of, outside of lag:

One, the FP issue with the Arc Contribution bonus and Sniping GB top spots.

The other, and more important issue, is related to the new neighborhood system in place.
A player can quickly progress an era or two in a day with stockpiled FPs and goods.

That means you start off in, for example, a Progressive Era neighborhood.
Then you burn stockpiled goods and FPs.
Now 24 hours later you are in Modern or Postmodern... with Progressive Era neighbors.
For at least a month or two.
I'm already seeing people do that in my hood.

They start in one era.

View attachment 2976

The next day they are so far advanced in the next era, they already have military buildings out.

This is why FP packs will, eventually, be completely eliminated from the game.
It's not a matter of if.
It's a matter of when.

I don't like the idea of a hurricane coming.
I'm not gonna support the idea of a hurricane coming.

View attachment 2977

But I will get my house, property and family ready for it's imminent, and unstoppable arrival.

There's actually another little piece of insight here;

@-16:42 Someone asks if we could get the 100fp relic prize to the bank instead. The response is they think it's cool to give you these fp's to the bar because it gives you something to react to and makes it a challenge.

DeletedUser11463

I think we should just get rid of Forge Points altogether. If you want a tech, just push the button and tada you have that tech. Hey you could be in Bronze today and Oceanic tomorrow. Want coins? push a button and you have 5,000,000. Want goods? push a button and you have 10,000 of each. Hey why work at the game and plan ahead. WE WANT IT NOW and we don't want to work for it. GIVE IT TO US. IT IS OUR RIGHT TO HAVE IT.
Thank you all for listening. If you don't agree with me, I'm going to boycott you.

DeletedUser26549

Ok, thanks everyone for answering my questions about eliminating forge point packages. I guess I don't like being told what I can and can't do with my own forge points and how fast I choose to progress in the game. I am Progressive in S world and I couldn't care less how anyone else spends their fps, on whatever gb. yes it frustrates me when I bid on a gb and someone over bids me with a ton of fps, but, that's just my loss. I try harder for a different one. I decide whether or not I want to dump even more fps on a gb for the bp. If I don't want the gb that bad, I won't, someone else will. I never really pay much attention to what everyone else is doing with their game or stuff because I'm too busy working on my own. And if I can't keep up, I work harder. That alone is a challenge for me. That's like asking to get rid of Plundering because I can't stop getting plundered. I just have to up my defenses, that's all.

But I see what difference it makes when it comes to aging up and hood changes. I don' thnk it would make THAT big of a difference to have some members that are one age lower or one age higher until the next hood change. I don't think anyone can go through an entire age, in one or 2 days, no matter how many fps they have. In fact, to me it would be a good thing to have neighbors in one age up or one age down because it gives me more of a variety in the market. So, I guess at this point, I am seeing why higher age members are concerned about everyone in the game having stocked up fps. But as I said, to me, it doesn't matter what everyone else is doing. I just do my own thing, try to keep up, just like I do my military defenses. I am currently trying to get the Arc gb and I get outbid quite a bit. yeah, it ticks me off, ,but since I want that gb badly i take it upon myself to invest more. If I didn't want it, I wouldn't dump a ton on it. So, its choice, priority or level of desire/determination to me as to how much and where I invest my own fps. If someone wants it more than me, they will competitively bid against me, which is a challenge incorporated in the game.

Thanks again for explaining this from your point of view. I like to see things from all angles. Sorry for the book. Im done now :)