• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event - The Cherry Blossom Festival Feedback

bomber9530

I have 12 complete sets and 42 more to go!

RFRPBu5.png

How'd you find my stash?

DeletedUser26120

I had 129 lanterns and needed Emperor's Entrance to complete the set. It finally came up again today. I hit gold chest, wait for the animated pop up....

and I got it! So you see, it is simply luck. Some might take 5 tries and not get it, some like me will get it first try.

Doesn't mean gold chest isn't best, because by the numbers it is. Not only on the odds, but also for adding to grand prize bar.

DeletedUser27023

So in case you were wondering why you should do the event and research that dang technology, I did the math based on my production for the complete set of event buildings placed as they should and this is what I get with the full set:

• 19,500 Coins
  • 12,260 Supplies
  • 5 FPs
  • 55+ Medals ("+" because I dont know base amount for CE Gong)(Also levels up automatically with the player like Victory Towers/Wishing Wells)
  • 5 Goods
  • 5% Attack Boost (Attacking Army in GE, GvG, PvP)
  • 5% Defense Boost (City Defense)
  • 2,900 Happiness

That's A LOT for a 5x5 Set... Better than ANY GB in the game as far as the assortment of bonuses.... But I get it, not researching a tech is more important.

What age/era are these numbers based on?

DeletedUser20367

On Beta there were 21 'daily' quests but, unless my math is off, given that there are 13 quests to go and slightly over 13 days left to the Event then either we will have less quests here, the timer is off or we will have 7 hours to finish the 21st quest which is the 2nd 'gain control of a province'.

DeletedUser26154

So I got bored again, looked at my Diamond supply then made a decision.
I felt strong with my Mojo.
Karma was cool.
A walk with Destiny holding my beer.

I scrubbed up a tiny bit of Lanterns because I had almost enough for another Gold chest.

bought 40 lanterns first.png

Then got this.

5 bp.png

Yeah... Some reward.
Here comes my second bonus, free SoK.

earned sok.png

But I felt ... right, some how.
I was just paying the Ante.
Tossing my first chips into the pile.

That Gold Chest encouraged me and talked to me.

It said...

not enough resources for transaction.png

I had a discussion with my imaginary accountant.

download (3).jpg

Then pulled the trigger.

350 lanterns.png

Two more Gold Chests, because I practice what I preach.

200 lanterns.png Won the Entrance.png

Nailed it.

nailed it.png

When you choose the Gold Chest.

download (4).jpg

Everyone wins.

DeletedUser27040

Love the story Ardak! Thanks for a laugh. :D

I've opened 8 chests so far, all gold and only when the set buildings were up. My rewards include: 3 Store Building kits, 1 Reno kit, 1 Large Metal pack, 20 FPs, 5 BPs, and 200 lanterns. Not bad, but also none of the set buildings either. Fortunately I was well aware of the odds from beta and am happy to get some free stuff. I'd love to get the full set, but if I don't it can collect dust in my inventory like so many GE rewards. (I actually needed a few store building and Reno kits, so I'm not doing too bad.)

Also I'd like to give a huge shout out of gratitude for all the folks opening their wallets to get multiple complete sets. The guys who have converted their entire city over...wow, that's some effort, dedication, and planning! Thanks for helping to keep the lights on!

DeletedUser26120

Yeah I'm rank 127in V world after playing since June, spent less than $30 total. Those others are definitely paying my bills here lol.

DeletedUser28015

I wouldn't call skipping all of the goods tech and 4 expansions a very great move. There are MUCH easier ways to handle the 'research a tech' quest at that Age level.

Goods techs and goods buildings are a waste ... I get all my goods from great and special buildings and from quests. And we aren't talking about "that" age, we're talking about later ones when people are strapped for techs to research for these events ... if you would bother to read the comments.

DeletedUser26154

I mentioned before, that if you win enough grand prizes, the gong becomes one of the grand prizes.
That's when players got a lot of them.

DeletedUser26120

The gold chest certainly has the best prizes, but it's not true that it's best for the grand prize bar
Re-check your math.

Bronze chest costs 40 lanterns and gives 5 to GP bar.
Gold chest costs 120 lanterns and gives 20 to GP bar.

3 bronze = 1 gold, which would result in 15 to GP bar.

So yes it is indeed the best for the grand prize bar.

DeletedUser26154

I would know if someone would simply answer the question.

Every time you go for a chest, you gain some flowers.
When the flowers add up to the total, you win the Grand Prize.

where im at now.png

When you win the Grand Prize, you get a new one.
Every so often, the Gong is the grand prize.
When those super-duper-uber-big-spenders play this event.
They play for the gongs, etc.
Then they buy all they can with Diamonds.

images (5).jpg

What they do is really really really far-end of the curve stuff.

DeletedUser26154

Then they buy all they can with Diamonds.

And when I say that,
I mean, they throw caution to the wind and buy Lanterns.
By the Boat full.
And it doesn't matter to them what is actually in the chest.
They do it for the Grand Prize.

They see 10 - 20 - who knows how many Grand prizes come and go.
Until they get the one they want.
Or it shows up as a Daily Special.
Either way, they burn through Gold Chests like nothing.
To get specifically what they want.

They go through a lot of fodder.
You think your inventory is full.

33eb2b2ab30bfddfc11b357d39cb3b4d.png

They can probably build ten very good cities with their leftovers.

DeletedUser28015

DeletedUser26154

I have not seen the Gong listed a grand prize anywhere.

Because you and I don't cycle through 10,000's of Lanterns like they do.
Notice when you eventually do win the Grand Prize, a new, different Grand Prize takes it's place.
I've only seen now, three Grand Prizes, if you count that Wishing Well.

The players with the 20+ complete sets?

They have seen hundreds of Grand Prizes come and go...

That's how many Lanterns they go through.
The quests and rewards are nothing to them.
Their Lantern Supply is with Diamonds.

That's the scale of the magnitude of how they play their game.

Zotbot, it's hard to wrap one's mind around the concept of the level they play these events.
I do it small time, and are happy with one set.

They are Top Players.

images (12).jpg

And are just on whole different level.

DeletedUser28015

Re-check your math.

You're right, I mixed up lanterns with blossoms. However, if you buy only bronze chests, you get more trees and a bigger lantern payoff: 20% of 70 lanterns for 40 lanterns vs. 12% of 200 lanterns for 120 lanterns. I did the math and posted it here, and bronze edges out gold if all you want is grand prizes or daily specials. However, the other prizes from the bronze chests are crap, and that's why it's smart to go for the gold.