• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

5th Anniversary Feedback

DeletedUser26965

This event does gives you options to either Research a tech or Scout a province. If you already complete the Tech and Continent map then the quest would "auto-complete". If you do have some remaining tech, Check the optional technology in the tech tree that is not required to advance, and complete those.

Yes but he said "beyond his ability" to go forward on the map, essentially that refers to players who conquer the entire cmap to the point past their age and can't fight their way forward to remaining areas with their inferior units or buy their way forward as the goods cost requires goods from an age they have yet to reach. Now for the experienced player I have no sympathy for them in that situation they put themselves in as they should know better to leave as much of the map for events but for new players unaware events have these then I can see the problem.

However that is really not the main issue. The main issue is as a result of these type of quests appearing in nearly every event now players are feeling "forced" to move through the game at a pace beyond what they want. The typical responses to those complaints are, "well, events are optional" to that I say "yeah well so is playing the game so bye" or I might say "it creates more of a gap between the rich and the poor as diamond players can buy their way out if they have to whereas the poor huddled masses can not", certainly the Germans of today sympathize with that or another response is "the quests are supposed to be a challenge" to which I say "there's no challenge with these quests only grief and an unfortunate choice to not do them unless you're a diamond player."

For the players staying behind in age and map to level GB's and/or do recurring quests and for new players the events are becoming more and more of a slap in the face rather than an enjoyable part of the game and when you slap the two requirements "research or map" together and call it a choice it's doubly insulting.

DeletedUser10080

I have been playing this game almost 4 years now. In all that time I have NEVER placed a King or Queen in any of my cities. They are basically a waste of valuable space. Why on earth would I want to use my real estate to place a grouping of them?

Ylisaveta

I have been playing this game almost 4 years now. In all that time I have NEVER placed a King or Queen in any of my cities. They are basically a waste of valuable space. Why on earth would I want to use my real estate to place a grouping of them?

Because if you place the set, you get an fp each for touching one other of the set; for the second "touch," one gives medals, the other goods. The garden just gives happiness, and 5% total defense if touching both the king and queen.

DeletedUser26965

It doesn't form a perfect square, The shape I've seen suggested is the King and Queen next to each other with the Garden touching both of them (maybe looking best behind). They then suggested two 1x1 trees of some kind to bring the shape to be a square.
Yeah that's what I did here merely for aesthetics but later just disconnected them as they are on Beta, not doing this event or the May Day Event on live.

5th Anniversary Royal Garden Set
LU86na2.jpg

DeletedUser28665

Almost 8:15 EST and nothing...must be a late April Fools joke

DeletedUser26965

We tend to have things lined up and ready to complete the quests as quickly as possible. Not having the event starting when it usually does throws this off, by a lot lol.
What is the usual time? I think it will start in about 30 minutes, 10am est. but I'm just guessing.

DeletedUser28665

What is the usual time? I think it will start in about 30 minutes, 10am est. but I'm just guessing.
The last couple of events for me have been up and running when I log on at 7am EST. So guessing they push out at midnight of day in question.
Thanks for the link BTW, but the English server does not recognize my American account.

DeletedUser25444

Not 100% sure, but when I wake up at 4:15 AM in Arizona, the event is well under way. So either sometime late evening the night before or earlier that morning. I've always assumed it went by UTC time, or Greenwich time since the company is based in Germany.

DeletedUser26965

The last couple of events for me have been up and running when I log on at 7am EST. So guessing they push out at midnight of day in question.
Thanks for the link BTW, but the English server does not recognize my American account.
You have to sign up for a new account on other servers.

Not 100% sure, but when I wake up at 4:15 AM in Arizona, the event is well under way. So either sometime late evening the night before or earlier that morning. I've always assumed it went by UTC time, or Greenwich time since the company is based in Germany.

idk, different events have started at different times, I don't think there's any consistent roll-out times on events, after all a day is, well, a whole day;)