• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

DeletedUser31540

Are there going to be 4+ sector / province related quests per week?

i cant do these quests ... this is a minor problem for me

DeletedUser24719

Just another way for INNO to screw its players. Miss one, lose one. WTF! Dont they understand some people can not play everyday. Why not do the same as with events. The challenges just accumulate till u complete the current one then move to the next. DUH! Thanks again INNO!!!

DeletedUser31440

Just another way for INNO to screw its players. Miss one, lose one. WTF! Dont they understand some people can not play everyday. Why not do the same as with events. The challenges just accumulate till u complete the current one then move to the next. DUH! Thanks again INNO!!!

From the Announcement:
The challenges usually offer a chance to get better rewards than the regular quests, but they may be a more demanding than what you're used to.

Translation, put on your big boy pants, lose the self pity and complete the challenge if you're able.

DeletedUser31440

Why doesn't goods from the Observatory, Atomium, or Arc count towards the donate goods to the Guild Treasury quest?

Donation implies giving from your own inventory, goods from Arc, Obs, and Atom are automatically put into guild treasury so they aren't a donation so much as a guild treasury production. At least that is how I look at it.

DeletedUser30312

If daily challenges just started today, why when I logged in 30 minutes ago to start it, did the timer have 1 hour 50 minutes remaining to complete challenges. This seems a bit harsh.

That sucks a little, but you can set your own start time for the DCs, so just set it for when you typically log on the first time during the day. Losing out the first day probably shouldn't be a huge loss.

Could be worse. I followed some of the initial discussion on the Beta forum and originally it was miss one, the timer resets completely.

It wasn't too bad. I had some fairly trival tasks for today: donate 20 FPs to GBs (which is where all my daily FP goes anyway), visit 10 taverns (another part of the routine), 28 5 minute productions, and donate 130 good of the current or previous age to the treasury. I had the choice of a chest with a 5% for a SoK with the other possible prizes SoA, SoI (gag), or 10 fp; or the Rogue's Chest: 5% for a Hideout with the remainder various quantities of unattached rogues from 1-10. Took the Rogue's Chest and got 1 rogue.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31498

Why doesn't goods from the Observatory, Atomium, or Arc count towards the donate goods to the Guild Treasury quest?

Yeah i think the point is you need to sacrifice something, whereas collecting is just free to do. Would make the Arc even better though lol

DeletedUser23489

Ozyman: When you have a quest to recruit troops the Alcatraz will count towards fulfilling the quest. When You have a gather goods quest, the great buildings will fulfill the quest. In all other quests that I can think of right now can be completed by using GBs. You are donating the space for a Guild GB. I think that if other quests can be fulfilled by using GBs then the donate to the treasury should not be any different.

DeletedUser31440

Ozyman: When you have a quest to recruit troops the Alcatraz will count towards fulfilling the quest. When You have a gather goods quest, the great buildings will fulfill the quest. In all other quests that I can think of right now can be completed by using GBs. You are donating the space for a Guild GB. I think that if other quests can be fulfilled by using GBs then the donate to the treasury should not be any different.

All I can say is the way I think about it to fit into the way that Inno programmed the game. They keyword here is donate, which to me means giving from your own inventory, since the Arc, Obs, and Atom goods would never be available to your personal inventory they can't be counted as donations. For Alcatraz those units go into your Army so you did in fact recruit them. For all other goods producing GB's those goods go into your inventory so you did produce them. The donate goods can be fulfilled by GB's, but only if those GB's produce goods that go into your inventory and are then donated to the Guild's Treasury. Regardless of my reasoning or beliefs on the matter though, it is hard-coded into the game, if you want it to change you are more than welcome to submit a proposal, for all the good that it will do.

DeletedUser29130

Well, I do have a problem with the daily quests. First, why start it and run it during an event like the winter event. Second, I just had to complete 4 sectors, 2 battles, donate 65 goods and spend 1000 tavern silver. My reward: 10 FPs. Really?! 10 FPs for all that!!! I will NOT be playing the daily quests. It is obvious it is really created to just put more money in the pockets of Innogames. Finally, for those running the game on a handheld device, screen area is important. Adding the daily quest just used up more space. If you want to continue running daily quests make the rewards comparable to the actual demands. And don’t run it while there is a major event also running.

DeletedUser31440

I just had to complete 4 sectors, 2 battles, donate 65 goods and spend 1000 tavern silver.

Completing Daily challenges is not required, you did not have to do anything.

If you want to continue running daily quests make the rewards comparable to the actual demands. And don’t run it while there is a major event also running.

Daily rewards for the Daily Challenge aren't meant to be game-breakingly amazing. The challenger's chest after acquiring 7 tokens is supposed to be the grand pize so to speak. Also just because you can't manage to complete the Daily Challenges and the Event does not make it so for everyone else, again the Daily Challenge is not required, so instead of telling Inno to get rid of it during events, how about just not completing them?

DeletedUser23489

Ozyman: I have played this game long enough to know that submitting a proposal is a total waste of time, (been there and done that). This is just something that I feel should have been allowed and would encourage people to build the Guild GBs. As it stands now my goods are more valuable to me than any of the virtual trinkets that FoE is giving away and I will just skip the quests that include donating large amounts of goods. Thanks for the feedback Ozyman

DeletedUser31440

Ozyman: I have played this game long enough to know that submitting a proposal is a total waste of time, (been there and done that).

I thought I was being pretty clever a couple weeks ago, submitted a proposal for Inno to provide feedback on approved proposals only to find out it had already been proposed before and approved, with no follow up after the approval.

Darkbox

Completing Daily challenges is not required, you did not have to do anything...

I am not sure what you are trying to say here and, correct me if I am wrong, are you saying that because it is not a requirement the prizes can be lame? So you go through a "challenge" and get crap rewards because oh well, you were not forced to complete them? Shouldn't the reward reflect the difficulty?

The prize is not really a ga-ga for me, not doing it. Tried it in Beta, look like not much change when it went live here.

Yeah, don't waste your time. For today, I got "Spend 27 Forge Points" + "Gain 12,000 happiness" + "Finish 24 x 1-hour productions", for the grand prize of 20FPs...

According to some, I should be celebrating because "you did not have to do anything..."

Woohoo!! I finally got the 20 FPs I expected, after spending 27... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

DeletedUser26560

Well right off on the first day this Daily thing is a FAIL for me. Along with Scouting on the Continental Map and Researching the Tech Tree you need to discontinue the quests having to do with the Expedition. I hate the Expedition part of FOE and I do not do it because it is a waist of resources which I do not have enough to spare and I do not have the military, so I can't do it anyway.

DeletedUser26560

I am not sure what you are trying to say here and, correct me if I am wrong, are you saying that because it is not a requirement the prizes can be lame? So you go through a "challenge" and get crap rewards because oh well, you were not forced to complete them? Shouldn't the reward reflect the difficulty?

Yeah, don't waste your time. For today, I got "Spend 27 Forge Points" + "Gain 12,000 happiness" + "Finish 24 x 1-hour productions", for the grand prize of 20FPs...

According to some, I should be celebrating because "you did not have to do anything..."

Woohoo!! I finally got the 20 FPs I expected for, after spending 27... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thnx for that info. I know if your city is at a high level the challenge quests get harder but you would think the rewards would be better too, I guess not so much.

DeletedUser29623

In my main city, after getting a quest I couldn’t/wouldn’t fulfill (win 5 battles), the DC reset and the quests were all things I’d do anyway, like mo-po and complete two other quests. I was hoping to get that purple flower from the Elephant Gate set but I got 10 FPs instead. Yes, spending 20 FP was one of the quests, but it’s not like I flushed those FPs down the drain. Spending FP is a major, daily part of the game. I was going to spend them anyway. So I got 10 free ones, which is great by me, especially since the Treasure Hunt is still around. I probably won’t get 7 in a row unless I can sort out the battle issue, though. I wish they would make a negotiation alternative to that.

DeletedUser31440

I'm saying that you're wording was misleading, it made it seem that completing the Daily Challenge was required, which it isn't. Semantics, but on a forum it can be helpful to be specific in word choices.

As for the rewards, the Challenger chest has the best rewards, if you had only good rewards in the daily chests it would negate the Challenger cup and cause less people to complete the challenge on a daily basis.