• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily Challenges Feedback

DeletedUser26560

Interesting it would start on a Thursday...how many people have finished GE by then...? And the sector quests will pop up if they are open in provinces. So what happens in the next event .../ Why they ask you to scout so that sectors are available to complete the weekly challenge..INNO is using backdoor approach to getting you to advance here...hmmmm...sneaky..

I am not quite sure what you are saying but the intro explanation says they are not using any Continental expansion or Tech Researches in the challenge quests. I wish they would not use any quests in the Expedition too because that makes it a Fail for me.

Freshmeboy

Well, do them or don't..it isn't mandatory and it seems geared towards upward movement...What in hell did you expect...? Event prizes for not advancing...? C'mon, this is how this business makes money..if you aren't interested in DC's don't play them. I don't see hundreds of posts bitching about the RC's and how the percentages for gold/supplies is so high...if you are displeased with any facet of the game you simply don't have to participate...

DeletedUser26560

Ozyman: I have played this game long enough to know that submitting a proposal is a total waste of time, (been there and done that). This is just something that I feel should have been allowed and would encourage people to build the Guild GBs. As it stands now my goods are more valuable to me than any of the virtual trinkets that FoE is giving away and I will just skip the quests that include donating large amounts of goods. Thanks for the feedback Ozyman

I agree that my goods are to valuable and that is why I don't do the Expedition and the first challenge I got required me to do the Expedition, Sorry but No thanks.

DeletedUser26560

Well, do them or don't..it isn't mandatory and it seems geared towards upward movement...What in hell did you expect...? Event prizes for not advancing...? C'mon, this is how this business makes money..if you aren't interested in DC's don't play them. I don't see hundreds of posts bitching about the RC's and how the percentages for gold/supplies is so high...if you are displeased with any facet of the game you simply don't have to participate...

That's a cheap out for trying to dismiss any valid debate about game mechanics.

DeletedUser31440

I am not quite sure what you are saying but the intro explanation says they are not using any Continental expansion or Tech Researches in the challenge quests. I wish they would not use any quests in the Expedition too because that makes it a Fail for me.

This isn't entirely true, from the Announcement:
However, we have spent some time making sure that there will be no 'impossible' challenges (like scouting that would take two days), and we won't be asking you to research.

Research is not going to be involved and neither will scouting that takes longer than 24 hours. Other than those exceptions Continental Map requirements are fair game.

DeletedUser26560

From my understanding no you don't for example: You do 5 miss 1 then do 3 (5-1+3 =7) . Every time you do one you get a +1, every time you miss one you get a -1. When you get to +7 you win the chest.

However if you only play 3 times a week you will never reach +7 you would need to successfully complete a minimum of 4 days every week to eventually get to a +7.

Only had DC's today so not tested it myself, just my understanding of the info I read.

I must say that at +7 you win a chest that has several different items at different %s which in my opinion may make the effort questionable for some players.
I like to know the reward I am going to get not a % to get that reward item but I do like the idea of this new challenge quest. I would prefer something more straight forward that does not involve spending outrageous amounts of real money.

DeletedUser29623

I agree that my goods are to valuable and that is why I don't do the Expedition and the first challenge I got required me to do the Expedition, Sorry but No thanks.

I don’t mean this as a criticism, but I’m just curious: For what are your goods valuable if not to turn them into FPs and diamonds? To me, that’s the purpose of the GE, especially once you get to Level 4 and have a ToR. I’m hanging out in Colonial to level up my GBs and work the recurring quests for a bit and goods are just piling up in my inventory. I can’t even trade most of them for higher-level goods since I don’t have many friends in the higher ages. But from the GE I got enough diamonds this week to buy a needed blueprint.

DeletedUser26560

This isn't entirely true, from the Announcement:
However, we have spent some time making sure that there will be no 'impossible' challenges (like scouting that would take two days), and we won't be asking you to research.

Research is not going to be involved and neither will scouting that takes longer than 24 hours. Other than those exceptions Continental Map requirements are fair game.

WEL...... if you had a quest on the Continental Map you might have to do some Scouting to achieve that.

DeletedUser26560

I don’t mean this as a criticism, but I’m just curious: For what are your goods valuable if not to turn them into FPs and diamonds? To me, that’s the purpose of the GE, especially once you get to Level 4 and have a ToR. I’m hanging out in Colonial to level up my GBs and work the recurring quests for a bit and goods are just piling up in my inventory. I can’t even trade most of them for higher-level goods since I don’t have many friends in the higher ages. But from the GE I got enough diamonds this week to buy a needed blueprint.

I have NEVER had any success in doing the Expedition and now I discover that you will need goods for 2 levels lower once you reach the Modern Age because without them you cant make those higher goods. I wish someone would have told me that but I was lucky and had plenty goods stock piled.
AND I don't use Diamond for anything but buying expansions period and I have most of the GBs ready to put down when I get to there level .

I read that scouting provinces or research won't be one of the challenges which I'm excited about. But I am unable to complete today's challenge for just that reason. One of my 4 challenges is to complete 3 other quests and since that didn't get checked off when I completed 3 of the daily challenges I am figuring I need to complete 3 story line or event quest. My story line quest: 1 pop less than 42 (I have 13,000 a bit difficult to complete. 2, build 3 Arcologies (do able) but #3 have to scout 2 provinces (have scouted one but need to fight 5+ battles to have the option to scout again & it will take 2 days. And I had already done today's winter event quest before 8 am.

DeletedUser29623

AND I don't use Diamond for anything but buying expansions period and I have most of the GBs ready to put down when I get to there level .

OK, but I got 300 diamonds on Level 4 this week, plus 50 FP. I’ve bought diamonds with real money once, and all the rest of my extensions I’ve paid for with diamonds I mostly got in the GE. And all I had to pay for them with was goods. (Also, if you want to build a GB that’s above your age, spending 200 diamond instead of hundreds of FPs put on other players GBs can be worth it, especially since there’s no guarantee that the BPs you get from donating will be the one you need.)

But what I’m really trying to ask is: What else is there to spend goods on?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31440

WEL...... if you had a quest on the Continental Map you might have to do some Scouting to achieve that.

Yes, if you've locked up your available quests to the point that you need to scout a province you may run into this problem. I think we may not see this issue in the same light though. I don't believe it to be caused by a broken game mechanic, I see it as punishment for poor planning. The Daily Challenge coming out should not have been a surprise, completing quests to complete the Daily Challenge should not have been a surprise, due to that, if you pigeonholed yourself to the point of needing to scout to complete a quest you failed to properly plan for success. Unless I'm mistaken this is a strategy game still, so if you failed to plan and strategize why should you be successful?

DeletedUser20367

One question that we had on Beta has now been pretty much answered. I had the same chests on all of my worlds and picked some of both to see what the challenges would be. There didn't seem to be any correlation. Some had 5 conditions and on one world I had only 2 very easy conditions. Seems like the challenges are completely random.

DeletedUser31540

DAILY DRUDGERY which I won't be doing along with Treasure hunt along with GvG along with PvP along with incidents and if I could have avoided the dang Tavern and GE .....throw those in as well .....INNO continues it's quest to make an advertised 'free game' NOT free......and the more advanced in ages the more of an imperative it becomes to either spend $$$$ Or just give up playing .....if you think going into OCEANIC FUTURE for free then be prepared to get hammered by the diamond playing 'cyber bullies' with no SJWs to the rescue......

SMDH at INNO

Do we play the same game?

qaccy

No, it did not elicit the same response. In fact, I posted repeatedly that it was no big deal. And the advantage gained from a month's head start will snowball in this game, just like in every other aspect of it.

How do you figure it's going to snowball? Could you provide examples? I've already done my part to debunk how significant the 'advantage' is from having DCs early, and of course starting today everyone has access to them so 'head start' time is over. How is someone having access to DCs and their rewards a month ago going to snowball into them maintaining a 'significant advantage' over players who did not?

DeletedUser

How do you figure it's going to snowball? Could you provide examples? I've already done my part to debunk how significant the 'advantage' is from having DCs early, and of course starting today everyone has access to them so 'head start' time is over. How is someone having access to DCs and their rewards a month ago going to snowball into them maintaining a 'significant advantage' over players who did not?
Puh-lease. You're really going to pretend you don't know how an advantage can snowball? And, just for the record, it's been over 2 months since Daily Challenges were first partially rolled out. So that's twice the advantage you thought it was. You're going to sit there at your keyboard and tell us that over 60 days worth of rewards, not to mention the bigger prize every 7th day, is not an advantage? Two players with identical cities. Everything exactly the same. One gets an extra reward every day for around 9 weeks. Forge Points. Special buildings. Coin packages. Medals. No advantage? Get real.

DeletedUser32453

I love the Daily Challenges. However, today's was impossible. One of the tasks was to complete 2 encounters in GE by combat. I have already completed all of the levels that my guild (GE 1-3) has available before this challenge was posted. I like that GE is included, but could it be done with an alternative so that those of us who aggressively complete GE don't miss the opportunity for a Daily Challenge?

Vandelizer

This is not ready to go live, completed challenge yet no reward nor the tracker (0/7) at the bottom advanced. Ticket opened to no avail.