• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

A are really really sure button

• Thread starter DeletedUser32099
  • Start date

DeletedUser32099

Twice now I have deleted/sold something important (a sugar shack and graveyard) well in the middle of big rearranging of my map! So frustrating, a little lapse of brain cells when selling roads of and accidentally oking a building sale! Uggh. If there was a double, triple check option I'd activate it. Or just send stuff to storage for a cost. These events take a lot of work to complete.
it SO sucks to screw up and not be able to fix it

DeletedUser31206

Let's make sure there is a robotic monotone voice that activates as well and says "Are you really, really sure..?" when you click on that Moose Meadow...
Don't feel to bad I accidentally deleted my Champion's Retreat today and yes it would help if they would add a voice to the message are you sure you want to delete it because I sure didn't see the message ( although I am sure that iit was there).

DeletedUser

Twice now I have deleted/sold something important (a sugar shack and graveyard) well in the middle of big rearranging of my map! So frustrating, a little lapse of brain cells when selling roads of and accidentally oking a building sale! Uggh. If there was a double, triple check option I'd activate it. Or just send stuff to storage for a cost. These events take a lot of work to complete.
So, how many confirmation clicks would be enough? 6? 12? 400? Slow down and pay attention. A definite and resounding NO!!!

DeletedUser31440

No, the stupid need to be and shall be punished for not paying attention.

DeletedUser31498

Man tough crowd today!! I do think it would be a cool feature to be able to designate something as "important," via a check box let's say. And if you hit delete on that, given you specified this building as important, there's an added layer to confirm deletion.

Lancer

I like the idea of a check box but, ONLY for special buildings. If you would go to sell a GB, it has a check box that says you will not get the goods back that you spent. Something like that. For regular buildings and roads I wouldn't change the current system.

DeletedUser31498

I like the idea of a check box but, ONLY for special buildings. If you would go to sell a GB, it has a check box that says you will not get the goods back that you spent. Something like that. For regular buildings and roads I wouldn't change the current system.

Yeah I'd add event buildings, since they're rare enough. I didn't know that about GBs, scared to test it out in case you're wrong lol.

DeletedUser29730

Well, I've not screwed up and deleted a building by accident, yet, but I did lose a crap load of rogues in a GE battle recently by clicking the two crossed swords icon (auto finish) instead of the surrender flag after my two knights died and went to knight heaven, or where ever it is they go. While it was an accidental click, I still kicked myself in the butt and wished for an undo button for a second or two, before snapping out of it and thinking, that was just dumb. Oh well, forge on!

Can't says as I'd be for a really, really sure verification process on deletes. Just seems redundant.