• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Tricks... Have Any?

DeletedUser29617

Have a couple.
1. When getting ready to level to a new age, finish contributing points to the first techs that you need to unlock.
2. When leveling, you should have (in most ages) 1 tech that is not a premium (Takes diamonds to unlock) that are not linked for any future techs. Leave these for special events. Only been in game for a few months, but no events require more then 1 tech unlock in them.
3. Great buildings--If you can, find a partner to trade FP's on GB's. This will ensure that you are either at or near the top of the list of doners, and also makes you get more of a bang for your buck.
4. FP--Go for GB's, Event buildings to expand your FP resources, the more FP you have, the quicker you level both through the tech and GB.
5. Get the SoZ and get it leveled to at least 5 before leaving BA. Use it to beat down your neighborhood and take the BA tournament for the Expansions (I don't have on one server and am constantly getting attacked and plundered).
6. If you are going to be away for a couple of days, move your houses to one side of the map and disconnect, cancel production on all others. This is my 'going out of town' strategy, then place a nice mix of defense. You will cost the attackers units, and they will get nothing in return :) Cheaper then city shield.

DeletedUser27849

For a few things for me I do the following:

1. If I am ready to go into a new ERA, I plan ahead and chase blueprints and save up forge point packs that will get me through the tech that will unlock the military barracks that I want. Bonus' is I get the BP's and Medals also.
2. I don't move into the next until 1) Neighborhood change 2) On Tuesdays after the expedition starts. This gives me a week to get my city worked out prior to the next expedition and get some troops ready. And, since I waited until the neighborhood changed I have a month to stay in that ERA neighborhood until my I have some things completed before it moves me to the neighborhood of the ERA I am in.
3. Once your in a new ERA, if you keep the best resident/production/cultural buildings from the previous age you can win the new ERA's buildings from GE and you won't have to spend coins/supplies to change them out.
4. At lower ages I figured this out at HMA ERA, don't waste your time on GB's that you will end up just deleting (i.e. Coliseum, Hagia, ND, Babel). Go after the higher age GB's sooner in the game and get them in your city now i.e. Inno, Traz, Dynamic Tower, Arc, etc. It will make your game much easier. This will open up a lot more space than you can imagine. Also if you spend any kind of time in each ERA then you can get them up to levels that will sustain you then you can push a little faster through the ERA's until the next stopping point. So if you are below Colonial you want these buildings thing get them leveled up close to level 10. Then you can push right up to the Colonial age. then while in Colonial age you get the next set of GB's and get them leveled up and you should be able to push up to Future.

DeletedUser29703

1. Utilize Cosmic Raven’s HQS Heavy Questing Strategy (google to quickly find forum page) through to the mid ages.
2. Utilize FoE City Planner (also google if not in the know)... Stop constantly tearing down and rebuilding... its expensive and should be done once, maybe twice, at most, in any given era...
3. Even a quick login daily is better than days no login... consistency is important
4. Dont put down a GB just bc you got all the prints... Avoid Coliseum and ND for sure...
5. Get in a decent guild and contribute... you will be amazed at how it comes back ten-fold =)
6. Learn to fight... raise attack GBs... put down Traz... its amazing how GE becomes a goods generator instead of a goods drainer when u fight instead of negiotiate.
7. Use the rankings and forgedb and keep at least 75 high ranking active friends at all times... better to have 40 active than 80 inactive or semi-active.
8. Dont be afraid to network and reach out to others... its a very social game and who you know can be very important.
9. Dont take the first 8 rules too seriously =)

SnS

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26560

ScratchNSmith, post: 181610, member: 29703 (1 through 9)

1. Utilize Cosmic Raven’s HQS Heavy Questing Strategy (google to quickly find forum page) through to the mid ages.

I like plan ahead, make space, build 3 current military buildings, Build 20-26 blacksmiths, Load up on FP packages..... just some of the things I do.

2. Utilize FoE City Planner (also google if not in the know)... Stop constantly tearing down and rebuilding... its expensive and should be done once, maybe twice, at most, in any given era...

The Planner is a great tool, like I said plan ahead, especially for the Modern age goods and the 2 wide road transition.

3. Even a quick login daily is better than days no login... consistency is important

Yup, but if you are going to be gone for awhile and seriously dont want scumbags to get your stuff for free or even want to readjust your collection time just disconnect all roads from your City Hall until you return :p

4. Dont put down a GB just bc you got all the prints... Avoid Coliseum and ND for sure...

yup Coliseum is way to much wasted space for it rewards, BUT hey I like ND's supply boost, cant have enough supplies.

5. Get in a decent guild and contribute... you will be amazed at how it comes back ten-fold =)

Ya but to many guilds are too focused on fighting or expanding fast, me NOT so MUCH...... join "Realm of the Dragon" and play the way you want as long as you are nice about it.

6. Learn to fight... raise attack GBs... put down Traz... its amazing how GE becomes a goods generator instead of a goods drainer when u fight instead of negiotiate.

If you like that kind of stuff but to many games demand that you fight, fight, fight, I'm sick of it. And sure the GE gives good rewards once you get established in the Progressive Era but I don't like it and wish it was gone. I have absolutely no interest in GE.

7. Use the rankings and forgedb and keep at least 75 high ranking active friends at all times... better to have 40 active than 80 inactive or semi-active.

I started getting some of the best players in the game on my FL.

8. Dont be afraid to network and reach out to others... its a very social game and who you know can be very important.

Ya some of which I'd like to strangle, but many are really nice and don't pray on other less able players like vultures.

9. Dont take the first 8 rules too seriously =)

But if you do it could improve your game play, just saying..... {:?)

DeletedUser30900

If someone told you to jump off a cliff, would I have to give you an alternative activity, or could I just tell you not to do it?:p
Okay, tell me a reason that you consider Doing HQ and Jumping off a cliff are in the same category

DeletedUser30900

Try coming up with your own game play. Much more enjoyable than following the rigid doctrine created by a player that quit the game.
So you can’t find any negativity but It’s creator quit the game? That’s really a solid proof that CR’s guide is not efficient. Wait, MLK got assassinated, why we keep treating.......?

DeletedUser29703

Try coming up with your own game play. Much more enjoyable than following the rigid doctrine created by a player that quit the game.

I developed my own strategy but his guide provided a good foundation when I was newer to the game.

I can understand why a lot of people are turned off by his guide... He’s sort of abrasive in his communication and its still unfinished as well as piece-mealed across 27 forum pages I believe... That being said, there’s still some good nuggets of info in there for early age players and worth checking out whether he’s currently playing or not. Heres a video I made of my CA HQS town that shows some of the benefits:

tx.ag/QuestLoopExample
If you want commentary...
tx.ag/QuestLoopTutorial

Cheers

DeletedUser31592

So you can’t find any negativity but It’s creator quit the game? That’s really a solid proof that CR’s guide is not efficient. Wait, MLK got assassinated, why we keep treating.......?

Perhaps you didn't read your own that quote I responded to.
I will help:
You guys keep criticizing CR’ guide without providing a better one. That’s quite helpful :)

The quote I responded to was asking for a better strategy, not a critique of CR.

Plenty of negativity has been hashed out on a plethora of different threads. No need to drag it up again. But, I will include my own opinion- it is a very harsh, cult-ish guide.

Recurring Quests are helpful. I use them to my advantage. Everyone should if they are playing effectively. But I don't dictate how others should play the game and then get angry when their opinion differs or they challenge me.

DeletedUser30900

Recurring Quests are helpful. I use them to my advantage. Everyone should if they are playing effectively. But I don't dictate how others should play the game and then get angry when their opinion differs or they challenge me.
You still can’t focus on the point. You CANT provide a better guide. So stop judging others that can actually do that.

DeletedUser31592

You still can’t focus on the point. You CANT provide a better guide. So stop judging others that can actually do that.

So you know what I can and cannot do?

I COULD provide a guide if I wished to. I am capable- in knowledge, in intellect, physically able to type it, time is a concern, but I could do it slowly. But I don't WANT to. I also frown upon anyone who writes a strict guide and expects people to adhere to it like their Bible. This is a STRATEGY GAME. You are doing a terrible job if you are relying on someone to tell you how to play it. I enjoy strategy. I open new cities so I can try different ones. I like learning the game and getting better at it. There is ALWAYS a better way. You can ALWAYS improve your own game play. Knowledge and experience allow that. Following someone else's strategy to a "T" does not allow you to build the knowledge and experience. You can master the basic motions, but the deep knowledge and understanding will be missing.

DeletedUser30900

So you know what I can and cannot do?

I COULD provide a guide if I wished to. I am capable- in knowledge, in intellect, physically able to type it, time is a concern, but I could do it slowly. But I don't WANT to. I also frown upon anyone who writes a strict guide and expects people to adhere to it like their Bible. This is a STRATEGY GAME. You are doing a terrible job if you are relying on someone to tell you how to play it. I enjoy strategy. I open new cities so I can try different ones. I like learning the game and getting better at it. There is ALWAYS a better way. You can ALWAYS improve your own game play. Knowledge and experience allow that. Following someone else's strategy to a "T" does not allow you to build the knowledge and experience. You can master the basic motions, but the deep knowledge and understanding will be missing.
Okay, if we continue this conversation you might claim you can be a millionaire or the king of this world if you want to. So I might end it right here

DeletedUser31592

Okay, if we continue this conversation you might claim you can be a millionaire or the king of this world if you want to. So I might end it right here

Not a millionaire (or close), nor queen of the world.
Just a person with a degree in education from a top school (not Ivy League, but one of the most respected non-Ivy colleges) with a triple minor and many years working in the field. I can go on forever about depth of knowledge or Bloom's Taxonomy.

DeletedUser

Lots of us could provide a better guide. And most of us would welcome input, and not criticize people who only want to use parts of it. Every time I tried to contribute something to CR's guide, such as correcting a piece of misinformation, he (and a few cult members) jumped down my throat. So yes, I will judge him, and I'm glad he quit the game. What you and the other cult members don't want to admit is that his guide will lead you to play the most boring version of this game possible. I would rather follow @tuckerkao than CR's guide, because at least tucker has never gotten nasty with someone just because they disagreed.

Go ahead, read CR's guide. Even glean some wisdom from it, there is some there. But it's not all wisdom, a lot of it is kool aid. New players would be better off following Glarg's guide for the beginning of the game, and then finding their own way.

DeletedUser31592

Lots of us could provide a better guide. And most of us would welcome input, and not criticize people who only want to use parts of it. Every time I tried to contribute something to CR's guide, such as correcting a piece of misinformation, he (and a few cult members) jumped down my throat. So yes, I will judge him, and I'm glad he quit the game. What you and the other cult members don't want to admit is that his guide will lead you to play the most boring version of this game possible. I would rather follow @tuckerkao than CR's guide, because at least tucker has never gotten nasty with someone just because they disagreed.

Go ahead, read CR's guide. Even glean some wisdom from it, there is some there. But it's not all wisdom, a lot of it is kool aid. New players would be better off following Glarg's guide for the beginning of the game, and then finding their own way.

I just built 4 unboosted Alabaster Masons.... Tucker's guide for the win!!

(Disclaimer: I was on quest 19 of the Forge Bowl. Quest 20 is gain control over a province. Quest 19 involves battles and since I attacked my hood late last night, I had to wait for the timer. I built the mason's unboosted, but I knew I'd have the boost by the time they were done being built. I have since surpassed quest 20, so I will not actually collect from an unboosted alabaster mason.)

DeletedUser29623

Most of these “tricks” are just different strats, but whatever.

The one trick I learned recently and found useful is to build and tear down the buildings I win as prizes in GE but will never build. I have 10 farms in my inventory, for crying out loud.

This is useful when you need to collect coins or supplies for a quest and none of your buildings producing these resources is set to deliver soon. Build the farm, then tear it down (you don’t need to wait for it to be completed), and instantly turn it into X coins and X supplies.

Obviously, the piles of Faces of the Ancient and Gates of the Sun God are useful for quests asking you to add happiness or build decorations. They’re particularly good for the happiness quests because they are constructed in a few seconds and you don’t have to wait for the building to get out of sticks. So I never complain about getting them! However, any of these special buildings that you can’t build from the Build menu will not return any coins or supplies when sold.