• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Developers, please fix a randomizer for Carnival!

• Thread starter DeletedUser34480
  • Start date

DeletedUser34480

You know, with each post you prove more emphatically that you have no idea what you're talking about.
Because Stephen Longshanks, along with other supporters of idea, thinks so.
Someone was posting about small sample size, check it out.

DeletedUser

Because Stephen Longshanks, along with other supporters of idea, thinks so.
Someone was posting about small sample size, check it out.
LOL
Not understanding small sample size is your problem, not mine.

DeletedUser31440

Double chance on a game #2 -- time after time it takes me the whole ticket scale, on double chance. Yet, it supposed to be 30%. Is it just anywhere close?!
Just now, I've spent 25 tickets on game #3. All on the double chance. So, it supposed to be 10%. Once again, care to compare what it supposed to be and what it actually was?!

And please, don't tell me it is random, some crazy things can happen. Yes, they can. But not time after time!
Because if it does, it is simply broken!
Game #2, I've played multiple times. So the sample is significant.
Now, if randomizer casually swings times out average, it IS BROKEN.
As for chest, let me beef up stats.
I now have 1 Upgrade and 8 Canals -- while declared stat is 1 : 2.

All I've been able to see in this thread is @True592 saying that he understands sample sizes, but proving himself wrong with every post.

Algona

So, you feel the game is rigged?
It increases chances for a "well-known" members?

Why don't you tell me, how many active, real players?
How many of them are even registered for this Forum?
How many of those would come to complain.Boss,

Or, you can take it from the other side: how many supporters are here, compare to the overall number of players?

Face it, you don't know, if there was a true vote on this, which option would take majority of votes.

"That dog don't hunt." Century XX Philosopher and Farmer, Gran'pa Algona.

Seriously? You imply that you believe INNO is cheating or incompetent pr lying or whatever to the player base, accuse me of being an INNO lackey, then ask me for information about INNO's game? If you believe the first two, why would you believe any answers I give?

Nonetheless, answers about active players, forum accounts, number of supporters, and number of complaints can all be found in Game,on this Forum, and on external sites. Look it up yourself then decide how much credence you choose to give that information. I see no reason to do your work for you when you will certainly reject the answers.

Easy predictions: You won't look for the information and continue to deny its existence. You'll continue to post nonsense (instead of typing that any time again I think I'll call it 'riding the bus') that demonstrates that you don;t know anything about probability. You';; continue to make bad analogies and non sequiter relatonships. You will continue to have difficulty finding anyone who believes you nor will you understand why this is happening.

I don't know what?

If there was a vote on anything by the player base then whatever most directly benefits the individual players will always win iin a landslide no matter the consequences to the game. The player base as a whole is greedy, self centered, and totally lacking in any foresight.

Is the game rigged for well known members? Oh, hell yeah. Anybody who posts hundreds of times here has to have read a lot of the posts and will have been exposed to a lot of valuable advice on how to play the game and therefore has a huge advantage over everyone else.. While I'm none too bright, I am smart enough to realize there are a lot of great players posting here. Your choice on whether to listen to them or not. One more easy prediction: You won't.

Enjoy your bus ride.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31308

You can believe one of two things:

1) We're all disagreeing with you because you're wrong.
2) We're all disagreeing with you because we're colluding to misinform the masses.

For too many people nowadays, it's easier to believe #2 than #1.

Examples:

The Earth's flat! NASA and foreign governments, nay, the World Government has conspired to keep this information secret!
Global warming is a hoax! Climate scientists from around the world have come together to hide any data that disagrees with this because they want to profit off of the mass hysteria!
Probability is like a bus schedule! The engineers who've studied probability and all those familiar with RNG that disagree with me are in INNO's pocket!

DeletedUser32389

The Earth's flat! NASA and foreign governments, nay, the World Government has conspired to keep this information secret!
51a1k2lw70fz.jpg

Darth Mole

You've dug yourself in a hole True592 and you can't now get out without rolling over and admitting you're being a little bit dumb.
Imagine flipping a coin. It's a 50:50 choice. Yes heads may well come up 6 times in a row, The chance of tails coming up next time is still 50%
Imagine a coin with 20 sides - the chance of one option coming up is 5%. Yet you'd have to roll that 'dice' thousands of times in order for the actual results to come out at 5%. There's variance. I'm no statistician but even I know that you need a huge sample size to get the 'published' results.

Trying a few times for a result and not getting it and then saying 'it's broken' is really really stupid and reminds me of a toddler stamping their feet because they can't get their way.

Jog on buddy

DeletedUser34480

Seriously? You imply that you believe INNO is cheating or incompetent pr lying or whatever to the player base
No, actually, you implied it, ha-ha. When you said you get #3 game every time.

Easy predictions: You won't look for the information
Go figure, you've got that one right.
I won't.

You'll continue to post nonsense (instead of typing that any time again I think I'll call it 'riding the bus') that demonstrates that you don;t know anything about probability.
Look, another self-declared professor here.

You';; continue to make bad analogies and non sequiter relatonships. You will continue to have difficulty finding anyone who believes you nor will you understand why this is happening.
Well, I see buses come too hard.
Let say you are in some neighborhood/maternity/anything, and most of your pals have similar ideas.
It would still be just your guess that majority of other people have the same view.

The player base as a whole is greedy, self centered, and totally lacking in any foresight.
LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34480

You've dug yourself in a hole True592 and you can't now get out without rolling over and admitting you're being a little bit dumb.
Imagine flipping a coin. It's a 50:50 choice. Yes heads may well come up 6 times in a row, The chance of tails coming up next time is still 50%
Imagine a coin with 20 sides - the chance of one option coming up is 5%. Yet you'd have to roll that 'dice' thousands of times in order for the actual results to come out at 5%. There's variance. I'm no statistician but even I know that you need a huge sample size to get the 'published' results.

Trying a few times for a result and not getting it and then saying 'it's broken' is really really stupid and reminds me of a toddler stamping their feet because they can't get their way.

Jog on buddy

I know all you've said.
You may read the whole discussion, there are other options.
Or, you may skip it.
Then, based on the level of your intelligence, you call it a day or post a picture.

DeletedUser27889

I've seen a lot of 'the game is rigged because I did 10/100 times and I didn't get my guaranteed prize' posts in my time, some of which have been funny. None have come close to being this hysterical 'bus' math that this person has invented.

You not getting the prize the first time does not give you greater or less chance to get it any other. Here's a nifty little calculator that can tell you just that: http://www.calctool.org/CALC/math/probability/repeat_event

While I do agree that the odds for this game are particularly poor with the double gamble one must do to win a prize, and how I have actually not won anything in the event yet myself that does not mean that your 'bus' analogy makes any sense in the context of the game.

You clearly do not have any idea what you are talking about. So you could A) Continue fighting your insane analogies and keep giving us all a good show or B) Educate yourself on the subject.

Or, if you don't trust everyone here at a game forum telling you how wrong you are feel free to post here instead http://www.actuarialoutpost.com/actuarial_discussion_forum/ I'm sure they'd love to hear it.

Algona

You';; continue to make bad analogies and non sequiter relatonships.
Look, another self-declared professor here.

No, actually, you implied it, ha-ha. When you said you get #3 game every time.

Sample of each, thanks! Prediction count. 1 and 0.

You won't look for the information

Go figure, you've got that one right.
I won't.

Prediction count: 2 and 0.

You'll continue to post nonsense ... that demonstrates that you don;t know anything about probability.

Well, I see buses come too hard.
Let say you are in some neighborhood/maternity/anything, and most of your pals have similar ideas.
It would still be just your guess that majority of other people have the same view.

Prediction count: 3 and 0.

a lot of great players posting here. Your choice on whether to listen to them or not. One more easy prediction: You won't.
In game support tickets, not the forum.
I don't think it is an appropriate/meaningful way.

Prediction count: 4 and 0. As I said: Easy, ephems are so predictable. One more to go. Will we get there soon?

Tune in next post for another episode of Algona, Sooth Sayer watches a bus ride.

Last edited:

DeletedUser34480

I've seen a lot of
Was it more than people replying without reading a thread?

So you could A) Continue fighting your insane analogies and keep giving us all a good show .
I think it is worthless, all you "true random" defenders seem to be fixated on it.

But let's try?

Let's say, there two fast food places, nearby, about same stuff. Both say you get your breakfast in 3-5 minutes average.
Now, one of the places provides meals likely in 3 minutes, then few times, not far apart, you get your meal in 15 minutes.
You're late for a work twice one week, are you still fine with the average serving time?

Your wife take your kid to karate school.
Most of punches he get, are barely felt.
Then, he first loses couple teeth, then gets knocked down.
Would you still be fine with the average?

DeletedUser

Let's say, there two fast food places, nearby, about same stuff. Both say you get your breakfast in 3-5 minutes average.
Now, one of the places provides meals likely in 3 minutes, then few times, not far apart, you get your meal in 15 minutes.
You're late for a work twice one week, are you still fine with the average serving time?

Your wife take your kid to karate school.
Most of punches he get, are barely felt.
Then, he first loses couple teeth, then gets knocked down.
Would you still be fine with the average?
This just boggles the mind. It's like listening to a politician trying to explain integrity. They keep talking even though every word out of their mouth proves that they have no clue how it works.
c95a1f1353feb05dd8572b0197823bb6--true-memes-funny-memes.jpg